digital piece

midnight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After Reading the whole thread and looking around... there are really 2 kinda of graffiti artisrt here, ppl who believe in the can, and ppl who believe in themselves. Graffiti is jsut a title for style art. Graffiti (yes) is also a life style if you think about it... but when all broken down, it doesn't matter if a can of paint, a pencil, or a mouse in your hand, as long as you got the skills to pay the bills, then nothing really matter...

here are some links to look at before anyone has something say...

Rusty Marc

Tag-BZ

Mega 5

123lkan

here is some of my shit...

KOZ__Super_Star_by_KOZASC.jpg

KOZ__revised_by_KOZASC.jpg

well started graff in 1984 did several legal and illegal peices, nearly got sent to prison...etc etc ... coooled down over the years put my energy into compter design, payed the bills etc... still do legal art on walls n canvas today still love it ... dont know why people get all up tight when they see computer generated zines... i know where i come from ... so dont tell me otherwise ...

DEZE old skool artist

before you mock something, know who you are mocking! or be more specific...

too many people stink before they think....

fuck digital shit. this aint graff, this is wannabe-ism. if you cant paint or dont have the balls, then drop it. computers wont make you a writer. graff is about cans, walls, bombing pieces. real ones. not this 3d-software daim-biting shit.

This is EXACTLY what i was JUST talking about.... and for the record, your just biting off ppl before you who picked up the can, you think your first?! NOT REALLY! Where the hell are you coming from ANY WAYS?! to be honest i think your just jealous b/c your probly just toy any ways... and i may drop some shit on my compy, but i still rep the paint... and there is no shame in either really... but graffiti is art, and art is self expression, and i know what i enjoy and what i'm looking for in life, and if you wonna spit your hate on this world then please... do us all a favor and get that can of pait out of your ass and spary it in your eyes b/c you don't deserve to see ANY for of art.

DAZE--- Props fam! looks like we're reading the same book.....

Originally posted by _nightcrawler@Dec 2 2005, 07:10 PM

And for the record, Digital graffiti programs such as vandalsquad.com aint as bad as you people make it out to be. Its actually good to test colour schemes before you hit the town. And its good for a rainy day. Anyways thats my oppinion...

HAHAHAHA. if you cant figure out your shit and know what colours to use without a program, then find another hobby. nerdish.

and for yall who brag about "oh yeah, im oldschool, i did my part, now i do digital shit"...well...face the facts, you aint a writer no more. word is bond.

I just have to say... there is nothing wrong with this thread... it's just being defined and interpreted wrong.

This thread is graphic art.

Graf is paint, ink, etc. put up illegally... I dont think canvas or legal walls are really graf... it's graf style art... but I wouldn't see it as graf in it's core.

This thread is graf style graphic art... and some of it's dope.

What I know for sure is it's not worth getting all at each other for.

Originally posted by dosa312@Dec 3 2005, 05:22 PM

I just have to say... there is nothing wrong with this thread... it's just being defined and interpreted wrong.

This thread is graphic art.

Graf is paint, ink, etc. put up illegally... I dont think canvas or legal walls are really graf... it's graf style art... but I wouldn't see it as graf in it's core.

This thread is graf style graphic art... and some of it's dope.

What I know for sure is it's not worth getting all at each other for.

illegal stuff on walls, trains etc is called graffiti. But when it comes to canvas, digital shit, or legals, i rekon its called "street art"

Originally posted by realness+Dec 3 2005, 05:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (realness - Dec 3 2005, 05:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-_nightcrawler@Dec 2 2005, 07:10 PM

And for the record, Digital graffiti programs such as vandalsquad.com aint as bad as you people make it out to be. Its actually good to test colour schemes before you hit the town. And its good for a rainy day. Anyways thats my oppinion...

HAHAHAHA. if you cant figure out your shit and know what colours to use without a program, then find another hobby. nerdish.

and for yall who brag about "oh yeah, im oldschool, i did my part, now i do digital shit"...well...face the facts, you aint a writer no more. word is bond.

[/b]

I use that program to test colour schemes because i dont want my shit hitting the streets with a really wak colour scheme. Sure it may look good at night, but in the day it could look wak. I also test my colour schemes on computer because i dont want to waste $15+ (aus) on a can of belton when i get my colours wrong. Well i certainly hope that made sense.

Every writer has a different way of sketching their pieces. My way happens to be sketching outlines on paper then applying it to graff studio. and when it looks good i apply the colour scheme to my final sketch. Then i hit the town.

anyways thats my 2 cents. If any of you disagree, go fuck your local pigs up the ass.

Just because someone does digital work doesn't mean they can no longer or cannot paint.

I paint all the time...and I won't stop until I can't do it anymore which will be

a long time from now. However, I rock all mediums, walls, paper, canvas, skin, digital,

clothing, accessories...anything. How about you show us some of your 'real' work?

I'm sure you'd put us all to shame since you are such a madhardcorebombertagger who

keeps it real.

Originally posted by Jank@Dec 4 2005, 12:34 AM

Its just a different way of making shit. either way, to the people that do do digital shit, how do u normally do it? do u do a sketch on paper then edit in on the comp or wat? cheers..and r u just using photoshop mainly/

I sketch the outline on paper. Then i draw the outline on computer using graffiti studio. Then i apply colour schemes on computer and finally i choose the best colour scheme. Then i apply the colour scheme to my original sketch on paper. Thats my way of sketching pieces. Im sure everyone has a different way.

Originally posted by TheArchitect@Dec 3 2005, 09:24 AM

Just because someone does digital work doesn't mean they can no longer or cannot paint.

I paint all the time...and I won't stop until I can't do it anymore which will be

a long time from now. However, I rock all mediums, walls, paper, canvas, skin, digital,

clothing, accessories...anything. How about you show us some of your 'real' work?

I'm sure you'd put us all to shame since you are such a madhardcorebombertagger who

keeps it real.

Say word!!