earn less!

isor357

im not joking. I look around my college campus and i see women. I would conclude that its probably around 65-70% female. The bad news is that they are mostly unattractive. I been pouring through the papers and discovered that unless you have experience in one of the skilled trades you are basically fucked. Furthermore. why would i apprentice to do some shit when im spending all this time and money to go to school for a "carreer" the shit that i would perfer to do is geared towards females or it pays minimum wage. I would far rather sit on my ass and type and answer phones or clean houses than apprentice to be a plumber up to my knees in mud digging trenches at 7 in the morning for $9 an hour. Either that or its part time. Even if you find a job doing some manual labor and make decent $ its hardly enough to pay bill let alone save. Some friends of mine graduated before me and none of them have even put their degrees to use. I know way too many waiters and waitresses with college degrees. I cant even find a punk ass resturaunt job. Sorry about the complaining. Im beginning to feel like shit is hopeless. I want to move to costa rica and grow bananas and drugs.

Im at a fucking loss 12oz. I dont have a next move. Im going down on the ramen noodle 5 oclock vodka i hope my car dont break down diet.

Anybody with a suggetion besides kill yourself or sell rock is more than welcome to fire away. a job solution. anybody like their job? winning lotto numbers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when EVERYBODY goes to colledge and EVERY non-colledge educated job (other than food service) gets outsourced to another country that has people that will do it for cheaper. You have all these colledge educated kids graduating only to work as waitors/waitresses because there are so many of them, so many more than available jobs in this day and age where computers are taking peoples jobs left and right in a true to form Capitalistic style of saving corporations money at the expense of the population. Now the people that never went to colledge at all are practically fighting for construction jobs while the Mexiacans (and other cheap labor) are doing our jobs for minimum wage (nothing against them, they're doing what they have to to survive in this world).

No I don't have any advise for you. When I graduated high schoool not everyone went to colledge, just the smart kids and the rich kids. And you could still get a halfway decent job without a colledge degree. Now you kids are taking our jobs (cause you can't get the ones you were duped into going to school for) and we're competing against immigrants for the bottom rung jobs. The only advise that anybody could give you is to somehow infiltrate politics and change our system because this particular form of Extreme-Capitalizm is eating itself.

My girlfriend has a degree and works in a cafe.

I'm a high school dropout and I work at a law firm, through sheer dumb luck.

And, I took two pay cuts in the last nine months due to "corporate reorganization".

We can barely get by, much less save...and we're not exactly stupid.

You're not the only one, friend.

Yo!, Paint cornerstores and bodegas for $200-$300 a pop or more!, man, thats how I used to get down when i was a young buk just trying to get by. Thats the move for a graff writer with a little hustle with him, I own a sign company now.

I hope thats a little inspiration for you, If you don't know how to do anything else , you should be able to paint . And thats a whole lot when you learn to make the most of it.

I did this spot about 15 years ago for like $250

earleyradio.jpg

and I did this just recently, so there is definately a market for it.

planetunderground.jpg

oh fuck. just stop bitching, realize any job you get when you havent had experience in the field, you start at the bottom. you gotta work up to making the big money. its not as easy as everyone thinks. if you want a blue collar job, cool. go out start working. schooling can come solely from on the job training. hey, you might start out at 7 an hour, and be the bitch, but give it 5 years, you'll have the swing of things.

its life.

College degrees are not a garuntee of employment these days. MOST of the jobs created over the last 4 years are government jobs that have been outsourced from the military. This is statistical truth.

You have a degree, you have the knowledge, be a self starter then.

I'm thinking maybe I should write a book. People have suggested that to me before and it might just be a good way to make some change on the side and maybe even grow into a full time job someday. Who knows? Maybe my art will do something for me finally? I dunno... I'm in the military now and it may stay that way for the most part for the rest of my life... I don't know.

Truly, the best markets right now are labor. I'm talking electricians, plumbers, bricklayers, yadda, yadda.... That shit cannot be outsourced. And without Kerry in office putting some trade regulations on this will continue to happen.

Health Care: I've been saying this for years now. This field is blowing up and will continue too.... Not to mention growing demand for health care workers.

What is your degree? Maybe I can give you a more specific angle.

Im a drywall finisher. I have plenty of work. Im good at what i do. I make okay money. The problem that the construction industry faces is this huge age gap where all of the foremen are getting ready to retire and there are very few young guys to take their place. The company I work for has about 150 employees. There are 3 guys in their 20's including me. The next jump in age is up around late 40s -50s.

I might got to school for construction management. There are a lot of options down that avenue.

Originally posted by SF1+Sep 12 2005, 02:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Sep 12 2005, 02:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Home Time@Sep 12 2005, 01:46 AM

All ive got to say on this is:

Join the

A R M Y

This is the absolute worse advice anyone could give anyone.

[/b]

Unless he's a recruiter with a quota to fill, I hope he's kidding.

And, if he is a recruiter...I know where there's an endless supply of ruthless people looking for work...here you go. And, they have credentials. You're welcome.

Where else do you get paid to travel to distant and exotic lands, shoot people, blow stuff up, endure mental abuse and be able to tell your mom "It's time for me to be the man!" Not to mention the custom tailored suit. Don't forget about the options afterwards, Blackwater can make you a very rich man if you don't die in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks.

Since i made this thread i figured i may as well add some casual observations and insites that have been occuring to me lately. Things that you are all probably aware of but worthy of mention.

1- All our president talks about is terror attacks. I watched him talking on TV lastnight and somehow he managed to flip criticism of a poor storm response into a discussion on being prepared for another terror attack. Im trying to figure out who buys into this shit. GWB must think he is presiding over a country of idiots. Thats how he addresses us atleast. This is fabricated manufactured fear and i just dont care about it.

2- Since the presidents approval rating has slipped the second most important al-queda guy was killed. I couldnt care less either. At this point im far more concerned about all the fucked up shit he has managed to do while in office. Things that will shape the future in a most negative fashion.

3- Gasoline prices were already increasing over the last year. A few weeks before the hurricane they had hit new records. I dont even remember what those prices were. Probably around 2.10. The Hurricane came through and shit went up to 3.50. I think GWB and his oil friends figured that if they open the federal reserve and drop the price to 2.50 they would be able to exact a permanant 40 cent increase at the pump. First off people would be happy that they werent paying 3.50 still and secondly they would probably have forgetten what they were paying before the storm. Finally, they dont give a fuck. When gas prices go up i reason that GWB makes $$$.

4- Douche is a evil little man. Much like a bully on a playground picking on the little guy. 1 thing i remember about bullys from school is that they are usually not too bright. Oil is the heroin of the earth. Much as heroin destroys your body oil destroys the planet. That being said if it wasnt douche it would be someone else. Nevertheless, while he is raping the planet and starting wars over natural resouces we are footing the bill. I would never drive again if i didnt have to. GM fucked Detroit. A half a century ago we had electric street cars like SF. Now them shits are in Mexico City and im forced to drive because our public transit is so incomplete.

5- I dont know how it is across the nation but drive around Oakland County and you see like 4 security cameras on every intersection. Well, realistically 3/4 of intersections. Its not a huge deal but i still dont like it one fucking bit. It makes me paranoid. I used to rack all my paint but now im concerned. All they need to do is run your plate at the intersection game over. Some schitzo needs to shoot them shits down.

Oh yeah. I would rather be homeless in the streets & eating from trashcans than join the army. If i get that disillusioned with the states when i finish school next year i will marry a canadian and try to establish dual citizenship. Toronto is dope. So is BC

Originally posted by isor357@Sep 27 2005, 11:59 AM

If i get that disillusioned with the states when i finish school next year i will marry a canadian and try to establish dual citizenship. Toronto is dope. So is BC

dual citizens can still get drafted into the US Army (if there's a draft)

You'd have to give up the US citizenship, but hey.... you'd get free healthcare.

Just to throw my worthless 2 cents in....

-Yea, gas prices are pretty high. And in Canada, it's 12 cents a gallon! It's even cheaper in Europe. Really.

-The president talks about terrorist attacks because, believe it or not, there have been a few. This might be hard to believe when reading a place like the 12oz political fucktard forum, where there is more outrage for one innocent man who was killed in an misguided effort to save lives as opposed to the 37 whose deaths aren't nearly as convenient talking points for the alien world neo-con conspiracy!

- Your argument "the cameras make it harder for me to commit crimes" only works to prove the people who put them there right. If you don't see how ironic the fact that you actually bitch about how it impedes your ability to break the law you need to take a step back.

Your original post mentioned what you see at campus, so you are probably at college. Maybe a couple less bowls a day and skip that kegger on friday...you'll survive.

But about your options... You can quit being such a pussy, accept the fact that sometimes life is slightly inconvenient, and learn how to be an adult. Or you can move to canada. Have fun with the free public health care, hockey, and sub-arctic temperatures. eh??

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 27 2005, 09:53 PM

Just to throw my worthless 2 cents in....

-Yea, gas prices are pretty high. And in Canada, it's 12 cents a gallon! It's even cheaper in Europe. Really.

-The president talks about terrorist attacks because, believe it or not, there have been a few. This might be hard to believe when reading a place like the 12oz political fucktard forum, where there is more outrage for one innocent man who was killed in an misguided effort to save lives as opposed to the 37 whose deaths aren't nearly as convenient talking points for the alien world neo-con conspiracy!

- Your argument "the cameras make it harder for me to commit crimes" only works to prove the people who put them there right. If you don't see how ironic the fact that you actually bitch about how it impedes your ability to break the law you need to take a step back.

Your original post mentioned what you see at campus, so you are probably at college. Maybe a couple less bowls a day and skip that kegger on friday...you'll survive.

But about your options... You can quit being such a pussy, accept the fact that sometimes life is slightly inconvenient, and learn how to be an adult. Or you can move to canada. Have fun with the free public health care, hockey, and sub-arctic temperatures. eh??

Wow! 12 cents a gallon in Canada? That's funny, when I was there (recently) it came out to 3 something a gallon (american).

There has always been "terrorism" to one extent or another. Terrorism is no excuse to reverse our country into fascism. We are raised to beleive that we live in a free country and that is proven daily to be a lie infact America is becoming one of the most fascist countries on the planet because brain-dead fuckwads are tricked into fear of freedom.

The quality of life that comes with freedom greatly outweighs the risks. What kind of quality of life do we have with cammeras and cops everywhere breathing down our necks to make sure we stay in line and dont break one of the 967,874,896,163 precious laws that are constantly being passed to keep us on a leash? All the polititians have to do is tell you "the terrorists are comming!" and people will practically put the chains on themselves!

If you want to live free you take on certain risks that come with freedom.

Also, when was the last time Canada was targeted by Al-Queda? I guess not trying to take on the world is working out for them, eh?

HA,HA. Thats true about Canada SF. I think (possibly)Stereotype was being a tad bit sarcastic about the gas prices though. I grew up in a town where sarcasm was the official language. Anyway, what is comes down to is it's time to grow up and be a man isor. What about painting graff ads on your local bodegas,man . Did you look into that? I make bank on that bro, just go get game tight and paint away. If you need any pointers hit me up.

Military = War

Meaning if you joing the military regardless of whatever is going on at the time, BE PREPARED TO GO TO WAR.

If you dont want to go to war dont join the military simple as that.

The military is a good place to earn a living.

Alot of people are misinformed about it. These are usually the people who desert and bitch and moan about how they hate it. They just dont know what theyre getting themselves into. Inform yourself, if theres any doubt, then dont do it. Because you cant just give a two week notice once all the shit is final.

Originally posted by shai hulud@Sep 12 2005, 02:11 PM

Or here, of course...

oh shit, dude quoted my web site!!!

btw, if your a college grad and loking for work I have one suggestion for you: take out an expensive ass loan and go to grad school. get a masters degree or even a doctorate. then when you graduate, you can sit around all day, feeling smart and hence going on 12oz to show off your interllectual prowess with witty, esoteric (aka sarcastic) commentary and jokes...not that i know anything about that though...

Originally posted by shai hulud@Sep 12 2005, 02:11 PM

Or here, of course...

oh shit, dude quoted my web site!!!

btw, if your a college grad and loking for work I have one suggestion for you: take out an expensive ass loan and go to grad school. get a masters degree or even a doctorate. then when you graduate, you can sit around all day, feeling smart and hence going on 12oz to show off your interllectual prowess with witty, esoteric (aka sarcastic) commentary and jokes...not that i know anything about that though...

sounds to me like you need to zone in on a field of work that

you have yet to discover.

i suggest utilizing your college's co-op dept. and gleaning info

through them. set up a meeting if you can(this may be difficult

since many co-op's are program specific), and depending on

your demeanor you may get a ton useful information, and at

the very least some possibly useful information sourcing tactics.

or i could quit being such a pussy about your girl. Bring her and your mom to canada and turn them both out. Get your grandma strung out on duster and make her rack paint for me. Fuck the cameras. Ill do it the smarter way fuck the harder way

I would love to get the chance to rip you off. Something valuable. A temporary fix to my current financial woes. What i really want is a new computer. A nice G4 laptop. or a G5 desktop.