-FIFA-World-Cup-2006-

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ebineezer@Nov 18 2005, 11:01 AM

how bout all that shit that went down when turkey played switzerland....its all focused on dec. 9th now i guess...thats when the draw for seedings is right?

Man, Turks are fucking nutters. I think it's genetic or something. It dates back to the crusades and shit. They are just barbaric. Have you ever watched their fans when they play? Every time there's a corner, hundreds of them rush down form the stands and start throwing things, yelling shit, they are fucking insane.

What really bugs me though is that England get so much abuse thrown at them about hooligans and rowdy fans etc, and the Turks, who are clearly out of their minds, get absolutely no action taken against them. At least hooligans do their shit outside of the stadium, I wouldn't dare go to a game in Turkey, even if you paid me.

I for one am glad that the Turks won't be there next year. Now we only have to worry about the Germans and the Dutch...

Man, Turks are fucking nutters. I think it's genetic or something. It dates back to the crusades and shit. They are just barbaric. Have you ever watched their fans when they play? Every time there's a corner, hundreds of them rush down form the stands and start throwing things, yelling shit, they are fucking insane.

What really bugs me though is that England get so much abuse thrown at them about hooligans and rowdy fans etc, and the Turks, who are clearly out of their minds, get absolutely no action taken against them. At least hooligans do their shit outside of the stadium, I wouldn't dare go to a game in Turkey, even if you paid me.

I for one am glad that the Turks won't be there next year. Now we only have to worry about the Germans and the Dutch...

fuck that man, enland (france also, fuck it, all of europe) is the most savage, look at what they do to black players over there. they fucken throw bananas at eto, look at when ronaldinho was with PSG he d get bottles and other shit thrown at him.

argentinian players and fans are also savages...

fuck that man, enland (france also, fuck it, all of europe) is the most savage, look at what they do to black players over there. they fucken throw bananas at eto, look at when ronaldinho was with PSG he d get bottles and other shit thrown at him.

argentinian players and fans are also savages...

I think by enland, you meant to say Spain. Or Eastern Europe. Easy mistake to make....

Originally posted by WREK@Nov 19 2005, 03:08 PM

england doesnt scream racial slurs at thierry henry?? cisse, drogba etc..

Nowhere near as much as Turks, Spaniards, or Eastern Europeans. Racism is about as common at English football matches as it is at American ones. That's not to say that it's completely non-existent, but it's only a couple of people in the crowd, as opposed to the entire stadium hurling abuse at you.

England and France have huge black populations, how many black people live in Turkey, Spain, or Bulgaria?

• 4 weeks later...

Did anybody actually watch the draw? Holy shit I thought Germans were supposed to be efficient, that was the most tedious, pointless 2 hours of my life. What was up with that gay looking magician? If I'd have known that the actual draw would take 10 minutes and be at the very end, I would not have watched the whole damn thing.

After all that, here are the final groups:

GROUP A

CORC0001.GIF Costa Rica

ECUA0001.GIF Ecuador

GERM0001.GIF Germany

POLA0001.GIF Poland

GROUP B

UNKG0100.GIF England

PARA0001.GIF Paraguay

SWDN0001.GIF Sweden

TRTB0001.GIF Trinidad and Tobago

Decent draw as far as England are concerned, I think. Could have been worse. I hoped we'd get Trinidad so that's good. Some teams pretty much got a free ticket to the next round, Spain, Germany, France (again). Group of Death has to be Group C, with Group D a close second, but I don't think Brazil's group is going to be as easy as everybody keeps thinking it is.

Matches to look out for:

Germany VS Poland

Argentina VS Holland

Portugal VS Angola

Italy VS Czech Republic

*My application for tickets was accepted today. Germany here I come!

• 1 month later...

I didn't get any tickets. Have to apply again on the 15th. 6 million applications for 300,000 tickets. Crazy.

On a related note, does anybody know anyone who lives in Frankfurt, Nurnberg, or Cologne? I'm having a tits of a time finding places to stay in those cities. If anybody can help, I'll repay you with sexual favours...

• 2 months later...