-FIFA-World-Cup-2006-

RumPuncher

bumpers

France are readers' favourites to qualify

If these were election results, they would be cracking open the champagne. According to the European Zone poll that has been running for the last few days on FIFAworldcup.com, 54 per cent of our readers are convinced that France will finish top of Group 4. This new tide of optimism has been generated by the returns of Zinedine Zidane, Claude Makelele and Lilian Thuram, along with Les Bleus' 1-0 victory in Ireland.

3657724813.jpg

^ I just hope Henry is back from his injury in time to play the Swiss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_Tesseract

Hving seen all the new blood in the brazilian team, i'm kinda conviced that the final will be theirs for the sixth time. Robigno, Ronaldigno, Adriano, kaka...and the list goes on..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, England played like shit, once again, but still managed to qualify, so it's not all bad. The sending off of Beckham was fucking ludicrous, the first booking wasn't even a fucking foul! But oh well, it's mute now anyway.

Here are the latest additions to qualify on Saturday. The African section is cuhrazzzzy. No Cameroon? No Nigeria? I tipped them to win the damn thing!

Angola

Ivory Coast

Togo

Ghana

Tunisia

Holland

Poland

England

Croatia

Italy

Portugal

Costa Rica

Ecuador

Paraguay

That makes it 24 so far. We'll know (most of) the remaining 8 teams on Wednesday!

Thought I'd add some pictures....

3752925264.jpg

Tunisia's players react at the end of their Group Five match against Morocco at the Rades stadium in Tunis. The match ended in a 2-2 draw and Tunisia qualified for the World Cup finals.

2067172168.jpg

Croatian national soccer team players Niko Kovac (L), Igor Tudor © and Anthony Seric celebrate after their team won 1-0 against Sweden in their World Cup qualifying soccer match in Zagreb.

3553287852.jpg

Togolese supporters celebrate in capital Lome as their team has qualified for World Cup, winning 3-2 against Congo in Brazzaville. Angola, Togo, Ivory Coast and Ghana erupted in celebration on Saturday after their national soccer teams secured their first ever places in the World Cup finals.

3732236913.jpg

Paraguayan players Roque Santa Cruz ( R) and Julio Caceres celebrate their teams's qualification for the FIFA World Cup in Maracaibo, after their victory over Venezuela 1-0.

712848481.jpg

Ghana's Gyan Asamoah ®, Pantsil John (L) and Attram Goowin Ashitey jubilate in a World Cup qualifier at Praia in Cape Verde.

3156772375.jpg

Dutch players celebrate their victory at the end of the World Cup qualifier between Czech Republic and Netherlands in Prague. Netherlands won 2-0

1916832701.jpg

Costa Rica's Pablo Wanchope (L) celebrates a goal against the U.S. with his teammates Alvaro Saborio ( R) and Mauricio Solis during their World Cup qualifier at Ricardo Saprissa stadium in San Jose. Wanchope became his country's all-time leading scorer, scoring his 42nd and 43rd international goals.

2957362424.jpg

Angolan player Maieco Fabrice, number 10, celebrates with teammates after he scored the only goal against Rwanda during their World Cup qualifying soccer match. Angola qualified for the World Cup finals Saturday, winning Group Four in African qualifying. Angola qualified for the world's biggest soccer tournament for the first time.

642732778.jpg

England's Frank Lampard (L) celebrates scoring with team mates David Beckham © and Joe Cole during the game against Austria in their World Cup 2006, Group Six qualifying soccer match at Old Trafford in Manchester.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by RumPuncher@Oct 7 2005, 02:49 PM

BUMP-BUMP-BUMP

and the battle of the euro mods..... DANES VS FETAS

Denmark might took the game,

but we kept the feta,

ALL OF IT

Sad shit is that a team like denmark is now dependant

on fuckin albania, tsck, tsk, tsk...

Guest imported_Europe

^^

Yeah, I guess we won it 1-0 this time Tesser :)

Tonight is the big night, last game and lots of groups are still undecided.

In group 2, Denmark have to beat Kazakstan and count on Albania taking points from Turkey in order to qualify... fat chance...

Guest imported_Europe

Denmark will not go to the World Cup 2006 in Germany

7a201ma0_798a3ec1ed7fecba.jpg

Euro champions Greece are out too, Ukraine and Turkey advance from group of death 2

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton@Oct 13 2005, 12:38 AM

mr daniels

as much as i'd LOVE to imagine england doing anything in the next world cup, i just don't see it happening with the fucking swede in charge

down with sven!

to be honest i dont think sven is that bad a manger. now, havent we only lost 6 or 7 competitive games under him.

also, if we keep lampard and terry together in the midfield i reckon we habve a better chance....

Guest imported_Europe

Bahrain VS Trinidad and Tobago??? How the fuck are these 3rd grade sucker teams making it to the World Cup?

But yeah, no doubt Brazil will take it...

• 1 month later...

Well, it's all over now, all 32 teams to be playing next year have been decided.

1108026981.jpg

Australian players celebrate their penalty shoot out victory in the second leg of their playoff against Uruguay.

3838057410.jpg

Trinidad and Tobago players Stern John, Dwight Yorke, and Shaka Hislop celebrate after their 1-0, 2-1 aggregate playoff victory over Bahrain.

224501939.jpg

Switzerland's Valon Behrami celebrates World Cup qualification despite his country losing 4-2 in the second leg of their playoff with Turkey.

1993043263.jpg

Spain players celebrate a goal in the second leg of their playoff with Slovakia. Spain advanced 6-2 on aggregate.

715069903.jpg

Czech Republic's Pavel Nedved and Tomas Rosicky celebrate at the final whistle of their 1-0 playoff victory over Norway.

Come on June!!