Made In Taiwan

ThomYorke

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

originally posted by Weapon X

You shoulda searched for the original Taiwan thread. I guess this thread, with it's clever name, is the official Taiwan thread now.

You know what? I did search it. And what I found out about this site is that every city gots a fucking clever name. People better recognize Taiwan. Ain't no one been on the regular thread for ages. SO.................. plus I've been wanting to make it for over a year now. Thanks for getting it started, and posting your flix. Much appreciated. So what now? Grab that camera and POST POST POST

• 2 weeks later...

In Jhusan, Taiwan (its the southern part of the island) there was this "graffiti exposition." The government of the city held it once a few years back, and decided to do it once again in 2005. There were over 90 participants, who got the privilege to paint a gigantic wall. 35 cans of spray paint was given to each artist. Free food for breakfast, lunch and dinner was provided. Free place to sleep (not the greatest), $2500NT, which is about $80US was given to each person, and a plaque which was framed, saying that you participated in this event. The expo was a three day event, which on the third day (also Taiwan's independance day) became a city wide festival. Even the governor and news crews showed up. Each person painted a space about 15 feet high and 30 feet wide. It took me 25+ cans to complete my piece. Needless to say, I went home with a whole lot of paint. ***Not everyone was a graffiti writer, some used spray paint for their very first time***

i was happy

jY189.jpg

jY190.jpg

jY191.jpg

jY192.jpg

jY193.jpg

jY194.jpg

jY195.jpg

jY196.jpg

jY197.jpg

jY199.jpg