Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
PurpleNerple

GAS PRICES HIT AN ALL TIME HIGH!!!

I don't even have a car, but I took a road trip the other day...

40 Dollars barely got us 11 gallons...

fucking shit is of control...

Now Louisiana might send gas prices even higher....

:shook: :shook: :shook: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred:

GasPrices.jpg

this weekend (mine starts on thursday) i took a biz trip,

highest prices i saw were around $3.19, i think somewhere it was $3.26 once...anyhow, the prices around the south, excluding atlanta are $2.89.

edit: atlanta has hit the over $4 mark btw.

I was out and about yesterday running a bunch of arrands (yeah i can't spell) and i was lucky if i found anything below 3.30. Thats here in chicago. I hope they go down soon. Until then i'm not driving until i absolutely have to.

btw: i don't like bush, either...but we can't completely blame it on his dumb ass. that hurricane fucked up the oil refining plants. they aren't rushing to get them back in order, either. might as well make some money off of us while they're at it, i guess.

anyhow, bush supposedly released 30 some odd million barrels of oil from the national strategic reserve. good news, i guess.

Holy hell. Airplane fuel is cheaper than car gas in my area...

Gotta start putting that into my car.

Even at these prices, americans still pay less for gas than most of the world. Quit whining and ride a fucking bike or bus.

Actually gas prices already hit an all time high before this hurricane hit.... we are seeing all new highs all the time now.

Yeah, i hit my secret super cheap spot on Monday and gas was $2.55. I went back 24 hours later and they were changing the sign to $2.99! Shit is out of control. I read in the paper that we might be on the verge of a gas crisis not unlike the 70's. That could mean 2 hour long gas lines, limits on how much you can buy at once, and only being allowed to buy gas on certain days (i.e., monday wednesday and friday if your license plate starts with an even number, and the other days if it starts with an odd one.) it's a safe bet that things will get much worse before they get better.

Originally posted by Old Growth@Sep 4 2005, 01:52 PM

Even at these prices, americans still pay less for gas than most of the world. Quit whining and ride a fucking bike or bus.

Seriously. Maybe the quality of air will even improve along the way.

</hippie>

in germany you have to be 18 to drive and pay about $2,000 for a license.

the public transportation is amazing, though - electric busses.

yeah thats what i loved about germany, public transit was real easy and nice.

Lots of bikes too when I was there.

I hear Germany has really safe highways too. I guess they weed out alot of the bad drivers.

All I can hope is that within the next 20 years we see a change in the attitude of americans that it is their god given right to drive EVERYWHERE they go, even if it is only 50 feet up the road to the store.

Strangely, gas is $2.99 here. Not like that's cheap or anything.

All those european countries are so close together and compact, public rail transportation is smart. Out here, cities are really far apart and jazz, i think that has partly to do with why its not as big here.

Do we really need 10 threads for this topic?

I drive a golfcart everywhere, hell yeah

Thing is most people don't work outside their own city, and a bus could take them to work, but then their co-workers would look at them weird because they didn't drive up in a fancy new SUV.

Originally posted by casekonly@Sep 4 2005, 05:12 PM

btw: i don't like bush, either...but we can't completely blame it on his dumb ass. that hurricane fucked up the oil refining plants. they aren't rushing to get them back in order, either. might as well make some money off of us while they're at it, i guess.

anyhow, bush supposedly released 30 some odd million barrels of oil from the national strategic reserve. good news, i guess.

Can't blame it on Bush? Are you kidding? Gas prices were hovering just under 3 dollars a gallon right the week before the hurricane hit. In 2000, gas prices were around 1.30 a gallon. If this was a democrat in office there would be outrage all over the place. But it's a Republican so we say "awww, it's not really his fault." even though his family and friends have quite a bit to benefit from high gas prices.

The new fuel efficiency standards for cars completely exclude SUV's. What the fuck is the point then? Bush's administration has done nothing to make car companies make more fuel efficient cars, especially when it is in his power to do so.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Sep 4 2005, 06:51 PM

All I can hope is that within the next 20 years we see a change in the attitude of americans that it is their god given right to drive EVERYWHERE they go, even if it is only 50 feet up the road to the store.

Strangely, gas is $2.99 here. Not like that's cheap or anything.

Think faster, in 20 years there will be no gas for noone to drive ANYWHERE

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Sep 4 2005, 07:22 PM

Thing is most people don't work outside their own city, and a bus could take them to work, but then their co-workers would look at them weird because they didn't drive up in a fancy new SUV.

i guess when im thinking of transportation, people dont eraly take planes over there, they take trains, but yes, people are so damn lazy and you're right, suv...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this