Airbrush?

Buddy of mine I play hockey with wants me to paint his mask, and acouple of people have mentioned I shoud paint their motorcycles.

Does anyone on here airbrush? I have never really messed around with one, so Im not exactly sure what equipment to use and etc. I know somebody here has experience with this shit. Im looking to see if this could be a possible extra source of income.

I searched on google and found alot of stuff, but I would like to see what people on here think compared to using spray cans.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

once you get the technique down, its all about practice, airbrushing is pretty fun and not all the difficult to create some decent pieces with

the equipment is kind of pricey, i messed around with the propel cans for a while, but in the long run, buying an air compressor becomes more cost efficient,

if you can get good at it, the possibilities for supplemental income are endless

good luck

body painting with airbrush is soooo fucking fun...even when using the paint thats not for skin...

look in the bear air catalog. for solvent based paint(like for motorcycles and whatnot), you need to get special seals and shit for the hoses. teflon seals, i think, which bear air will probably install for free when you order them. and, of course, get the solvent based paint. but its probably cheaper to practice with the water based paint first. these work with the regular seals and teflon ones. and then theres another kind of paint for doing shirts and shit, if you so desire. i would suggest getting the compressor. theres really no way around it.

so your basic gear is airbrush, hoses, paint, compressor. you can get starter kits and shit.

I used to airbrush back in the day, I would definately say, get a compressor, a small one will do fine. get a badger or a pasche if you can. You can get them at michaels and as far as painting helets and stuff you don't want to use anything less than automotive paint for that. House of Kolor is one of the best , but expensive. Play around with techniques , but if you need more help, pm me and I will give you my email address

• 4 years later...

Ive always been told I should airbrush. I think of crappy 80s or 90s T shirts with the back all painted up or some spare tire cover when I think air brush. Never appealed to me but I did a get a good exposure to it with a chick I used to work with. Her husband was very good with airbrush and helped shed some light on the situation. Ive just never had the monies.