Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cracksmoka

The R.I.P. KRIE passaround book/postcard collabo..

Originally posted by onesecondple@Sep 2 2005, 10:01 PM

what about a passaround book for krie?

thanks to onesecondple's stroke of genius.. lets do this for the man. So his family and friends have something to show, that 12oz and our graffiti community as a whole look at ONE ANOTHER as family... wether we know you personally or not. Let this be a lil something personal from all of us all around the globe to honor one of our own fallen ... all who want to get down just post up and well try and get this around as quickly as possible... no sleeping for a month no bombing the book no doing your own stuff. Strictly memorials and tributes to Stephen Krie... and everyone do a postcard or some other unique tribute as well... i will contact skullnbones as it may be better to orchestrate this all through him (if he is willing) if not i will gladly try and keep this flowing smoothly... lets do this people... 1 ... shawn savior.

I was going to suggest a book, but..

I realized it would take FAR too long to get back to his family.

Thus my Postcard idea.

No matter what we all decide on, I'm down.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Sep 2 2005, 10:39 PM

postcards individually sent would be a better idea. a passaround would take way too long to actually get to the family.

this is true

You know im down like james brown . I personally feel the postcards would be the best option , but like i said im cool with either .

i would definately say the postcards or cards is a better idea, it will take us farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to long to get a book together... and it might get lost..someone will procrastinate it someone might lose it... postcards mos def...

yes rage, and i wasnt trying to steal your idea. i just hastily typed this thread up... all props due... maybe we should do them individually then.. i would still like to try the passaround thing though... even iff it took a year to get it completely filled it would still be nice token, i think anyway... hell ill even throw up a few dollars if skullnbones or kries lil bro wants to get a po box (if they have that type of thing in the royal mail) instead of giving out a home addy...

edit: for the postcards i mean^

Even if it takes a year I'd say it's well worth it. I know my parents would get a kick out of something like that if I were to pass...and they don't really even know about that (relatively small) part of my life.

Either or.. consider me in.

How about we just send it all to his brother or skullandbones , meateater, they can put it together in a book, and therefore cuts out the whole, send it to everyone thing.

Individual postcards would be a great idea. We should set a date to send them out on so they all arrive around the same time. Doing a pass-around would take way too long as has been stated already.

I will buy a post card in the morning. Is the plan to send them all to one 12oz'r and then that person mail them to Krie's family?

Seriously in light of an otherwise grim situation, being a 12oz member is one of the better things in life.

God damn, i know that i left two postcards he sent me sitting in a drawer at my parents place. I'd love to take part in this project and i'll make sure that next time i'm at my parents place i'll see if i can find those postcards he gave me and send them back to his family. I definitely think the postcard idea if the better one, but regardless of what we decide to do, i would like to take part in it.

What about postcards now, and still do the book, i think the fact that we could send his family something in a year or more even would show that this website ment something to him and that he meant something to us as a person, not just a name we saw. Give it to them on the year anniversary maybe. Show them that his memory dosent fade that fast.

^^I actually think you're right... not that you're wrong alot or anything... but what you said makes sense. I think the blackbook is still a good idea.... post cards for now, and the blackbook when it comes... I imagine his family will be very heart felt about receiving something that can serve as a reminder way down the road. I won't ever forget Krie, I never knew him at all, but I remember seeing that name alot, and then this... I will never forget.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this