Kanye West

sect one

Originally posted by serum@Sep 3 2005, 07:37 AM

do any of us really know what it is to be trully poor as we type from our computers with highspeed connections? i dont know if any of you have actually been to louisiana in order to really know what the hell you people are talking about but that place is pretty 3rd world compared to the rest of america. and yo a 3 days notice to bounce with no cash isnt enough. shit if you told me i had a week before the whole city blows up i dont think i could get out quick enough. once you leave then what? could you really support yourself with whatever pocket change you had in order to pay for overpriced water, gas, hotel, etc? my first thought when i heard of this disaster was. where were all the buses to take all the poor people out of the city? you didnt expect them to get out themselves did you? so why is everyone here so sure that they could have? because you have a fucking 2005 blazer sitting in the damn driveway. dont try to put yourselves in other peoples shoes when your brain doesnt have the capacity to do so.

right on, it's surprising the way many people view things, there is a reverse-racism card whenever racism gets put into the open. When i was 4, if this would have happened in d.c., i would probably be dead, we had nothing but the shoes on our feet, if that. , so like serum said, unless you are in that situation and you can comprehend what poverty really is, then shhhhh. . .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Talking Points Memo:

Disaster sociology according to Bill O'Reilly [onesecondple]. Or, Two views on who didn't get out.

From Times: "Brian Wolshon, an engineering professor at Louisiana State University who served as a consultant on the state's evacuation plan, said little attention was paid to moving out New Orleans's 'low-mobility" population - the elderly, the infirm and the poor without cars or other means of fleeing the city, about 100,000 people.'"

O'Reilly, on his show last night: "A lot of the people -- a lot of the people who stayed wanted to do this destruction. They figured it out. And that's -- I'm not surprised."

I'm feeling that shit SeYn09 posted.

No doubt I woulda been dead too oneeightyone.

What gets me is that they expected tens of thousands of people to seek emergency shelter in the superdome, yet there were no emergency provisions there from the get go! Yet FEMA claims they had supplies ready in advance. Bullshit.

The most on point motherfuckers in this sad story is the Coast Guard. Props to them.

*Certainly class is more important in the US these days than race. But whether we like to admit it or not, race often affects our class.

People need to take a look at my signature again in case they missed it. It would go well in this discussion.

This is made worse by the revelation that "the people in charge" knew that the levy system in New Orleans was aging and needed work done to it otherwise New Orleans would be very unsafe. However that money went to other places (see link) http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-01-water_x.htm and it's just frustrating to me. And on top of that, I know the situation is very dangerous in New Orleans but they need to work faster. Get those fucking people out of there. All those people stranded at the convention center? GET THEM THE FUCK OUT OF THERE!! how hard could that possibly be for the most "powerful" nation on earth.

haha, seyno you came out!

mo·ron (môrn, mr-)

n. 1. A stupid person; a dolt. See onesecondple or read his posts.

2. Psychology A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

ugh.....there is so much to comment on here i dont even know where to start.

getting back to the original point of this thread....i can see where kanye west is coming from on the issue of the media but there are more constructive ways to address these issues. however, this "george bush hates black people" comment is so fucking absurd in its context it makes me want to re-break kanyes jaw. the joint victim/race card should have been burned 30 years ago. its fucking garbage, its pathetic and its counter productive. as some of the smarter people on here have pointed out, if this is about anything aside from poor planning (which is probably the majority of it, you fucking nutjobs), its about class and money. government is business and business is so far beyond giving a shit about race its ridiculous. anyway, ill let you guys get back to your absurd arguments and theories.....

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob+Sep 3 2005, 08:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Poop Man Bob - Sep 3 2005, 08:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-onesecondple@Sep 3 2005, 12:27 AM

Anyone in poverty, its their own fault

If you're not a republican now, I give you 5-7 years before you officially start voting that way.

And you're the one complaining about ignorance? Pot? Kettle.

[/b]

I guess when i think of poverty, i think of what i see, which homeless people, and when i said that, it was directed at them, not poor peple down in new orleans. And yes, homeless poeple, it is their fault, maybe not the fact that they got homeless, but the way they stay homeless, thats poverty to me.

boogie hands is right though.

and yes, however ignorant you think my comments are, i do see where many of you are comin from and have swallowed my pride, ill admit i was wrong in some aspects and see what you mean.

I skimmed through most of this, so my IQ didn't drop anymore than it has to.

With that being said, the justifications you guys are using is as condescending and predjudiced as the government's response supposedly is. "Black people are too poor to have common sense" or "Black people are too poor to drive, the whiteman MADE them stay in the path of the largest hurricane New Orleans has seen in a long time." Shut the fuck up you moronic, brainwashed dumbasses who just regurgitate the same bullshit you read on your ultra left/conspiracy theory websites. Would you be praising Bush if everyone was evacuated down there and everything went well? Of fucking course not, but when shit goes wrong he is the spawn of satan.

Did the white people in trailer parks magically disapear? Did the goverment kill them too, or do they just not count? It's funny how only the "black man's plight" counts, and no white people were left over at all. And when anyone in this thread comes forth with a point of view different from yours (ie-common sense) everyone jumps on their back and says "your too stupid to talk to." Pull your heads out of your asses.

Kanye West certainly isn't the first musician with very little talent to jump on the pseudo-political bandwagon for self gain, and he certainly won't be the last. And "his people" are more along the lines of Donald Trump than Uncle Jamal who just broke into circuit city and is walking out with 5 camcorders and a DVD player. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need an 18 foot flat screen plasma hi-def TV to survive.

Regardless of how much I hate bush recently, he is getting beyond ridiculous. What happened to the leader that we had right after 9/11? Agree with his policies or not, right after that he was great. In reality, all he can do is give orders of what to do (which we won't see) and give speeches (which we will see). After 9/11 he seemed in charge, and like he actually cared about what he was saying.

Watch him give a press conference now, or listen to it.. he has nothing to say. He's incapable of answering any question that's posed to him, all he does is try as hard as he can to fit one of his talking points into the question without addressing what was actually asked..

Originally posted by spoi1 system@Sep 3 2005, 12:43 PM

Regardless of how much I hate bush recently, he is getting beyond ridiculous. What happened to the leader that we had right after 9/11? Agree with his policies or not, right after that he was great. In reality, all he can do is give orders of what to do (which we won't see) and give speeches (which we will see). After 9/11 he seemed in charge, and like he actually cared about what he was saying.

Watch him give a press conference now, or listen to it.. he has nothing to say. He's incapable of answering any question that's posed to him, all he does is try as hard as he can to fit one of his talking points into the question without addressing what was actually asked..

That's because 9-11 was towards the beginning of his presidency. He did bad at the very start, but it kicked him into high gear. He has since burnt out, he isn't used to actually working. His whole life he has sort of just floated along. He also allowed himself to be influenced by the wrong people, and made some very bad foreign policy decisions. But that's besides the point.

Unrelated..

"White people are looking for food, black people are looting"

When white people die, it's a natural disaster. When black people die, it's a premeditated genocide. God bless America.

Originally posted by boogie hands+Sep 3 2005, 04:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boogie hands - Sep 3 2005, 04:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-spoi1 system@Sep 3 2005, 11:33 AM

^ WEST stated, "Bush doesn't care about black people."

not, Bush hates black people

whatever....the level of stupidity still stands. he's missing the point in a huge way.

[/b]

yeah yeah, but lets keep the quoting on point

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 3 2005, 11:51 AM

Unrelated..

"White people are looking for food, black people are looting"

When white people die, it's a natural disaster. When black people die, it's a premeditated genocide. God bless America.

interesting, you're sayin, and let me get this straight, that it goes both ways? weird....

Well I'm glad to see onesecondple has slowed his roll. Some people refuse to grow.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Sep 3 2005, 11:51 AM

What is this all about? Noone is saying that Men In Black activated the HAARP device in Alaska and directed this hurricane into New Orleans other than some internet crackpot conspiracy theorists.

The problem is the neglect of the situation, inadequate response by federal resources, and slashing of the flood protection budgets prior among other things.

holy shit..i cant fucking read this shit..

i cant believe some of the post i'm reading.. people are fucking dying.. and some are basically saying its their own fault?

it's not your problem so i guess you dont have to worry about it..

keep watching your mtv and figuring out your favorite ipod tunes while even many on this message board are trying to get in contact with their missing families..

fucking idiots!

:hatred:

Originally posted by onesecondple+Sep 3 2005, 04:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (onesecondple - Sep 3 2005, 04:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-spoi1 system@Sep 3 2005, 11:33 AM

^ WEST stated, "Bush doesn't care about black people."

not, Bush hates black people

tomato tOmAto, its the same thing

[/b]

Hate takes a lot more time and energy than simply not caring.