Kanye West

sect one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by onesecondple+Sep 3 2005, 05:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (onesecondple - Sep 3 2005, 05:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by fatalist@Sep 3 2005, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by onesecondple@Sep 3 2005, 05:16 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-fatalist@Sep 3 2005, 12:14 AM

least we forget

On August 27, after Katrina crossed southern Florida and strengthened to Category 3, the President declared a state of emergency in Louisiana, two days before the hurricane made landfall. This declaration activated efforts by Federal Emergency Management Agency to position stockpiles of food, water and medical supplies throughout Louisiana and Mississippi more than a day before Katrina made landfall. On August 28 the National Weather Service issued a bulletin predicting "devastating" damage rivaling the intensity of Hurricane Camille.

and as i recall, that was BEFORE it hit land, wow, that hurricane is a racial thing, it knew it was gonna turn its aftermath into a racial issue as well....wow, all we need now is jesse jackson fuckin stuff up too....waste of life that guy is...

fact of the matter is:

the federal government has been extremely slow to help the people of new orleans who so happen to be predominently minorities and/or below the poverty line...

Kanye was extreme with his message, but the ideals were not off base...

i don't think Bush does not care about black people, it's just that he's taking his time to help them....

I dont think he is helping as he can, or anywhere near how he should, but the fact that whites, latinos, all that, are down there, not just blacks, but like every other situation like this, black people automatically think that they are gettin the raw end of the stick, that shit pisses me off. Black people may have a bad stereotype to deal with, general law breakers and gangsters, but here in the south, i dont see THEM (kanye west said us, so im saying THEM) doing much to change it, but more to help it. Anyone in poverty, its their own fault

[/b]

yeah ok! im sure third world countries choose

to live in poverty.

maybe not, but they choose to have 10 kids that they cant feed then we have to make commercials about that i am guilt tripped on because their parents dont know not to have sex. They know they cant feed their kids, yet they have them, why dont a hurricane wipe their asses out, then it will really be a genocide storm, man, fuck ignorance. Everybody wants to blame someone else, no one has personal responsibility these days, thats why there are lawsuits all the time, something for nothing

Originally posted by fermentor666@Sep 3 2005, 12:36 AM

You're fucking retarded, onesecondple. I can't argue with someone like you because you miss the point completely.

i agree with you for the most part, i agree that the system is fucked, that bush is basically worthless and fighting a war and spending our money on soemthing for no real reason. I as arguing one point in your argument, thats all...

I think one embelishment of the situation is nothing compared to the level of bullshit the government is handing out to us right now. At least he is trying to bring awareness to the situation and trying to spark information about the reality down there. By far, the majority of the people still in the city and in the two shelters are black. There are white people and latinos and everyone there, also, everyone is getting fucked. I'm no fan of Kanye West and I hate how he's getting jocked by the entertainment media, he's obviously terrible in getting his thoughts across on television. But at least he had the balls to say something other then what the teleprompter was spitting out.

Originally posted by onesecondple@Sep 3 2005, 12:38 AM

maybe not, but they choose to have 10 kids that they cant feed then we have to make commercials about that i am guilt tripped on because their parents dont know not to have sex. They know they cant feed their kids, yet they have them, why dont a hurricane wipe their asses out, then it will really be a genocide storm, man, fuck ignorance. Everybody wants to blame someone else, no one has personal responsibility these days, thats why there are lawsuits all the time, something for nothing

You are spitting some straight ignorant shit and then saying you ain't racist. same can be said of white trash... but you want to paint a whole people this way. fuck that.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Sep 3 2005, 12:46 AM

I think one embelishment of the situation is nothing compared to the level of bullshit the government is handing out to us right now. At least he is trying to bring awareness to the situation and trying to spark information about the reality down there. By far, the majority of the people still in the city and in the two shelters are black. There are white people and latinos and everyone there, also, everyone is getting fucked. I'm no fan of Kanye West and I hate how he's getting jocked by the entertainment media, he's obviously terrible in getting his thoughts across on television. But at least he had the balls to say something other then what the teleprompter was spitting out.

good point, but the fact of the matter is, just like in other threads, the disaster has automatically made this situation into a racial thing, just like every other sitation. I hate the christians just as much for sayin this is god spiting gays. Just becasue the bulk is black, dosent mean he is nto helping because they are black, he isnt helping because he isnt a good president.

Originally posted by villain+Sep 3 2005, 12:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Sep 3 2005, 12:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-onesecondple@Sep 3 2005, 12:38 AM

You are spitting some straight ignorant shit and then saying you ain't racist. same can be said of white trash... but you want to paint a whole people this way. fuck that.

[/b]

if im racist it stems for my hatred of people in general, not from my hatred of color

Here's the baseline facts. The majority of the people in New Orleans are black(and/or poor, pick your poison). The emergency response of the federal government has been woefully inadequate when clearly, clearly more could have been done. Doesn't that tell you that they are not giving a fuck about something here? That's the point. You don't know if Bush is racist or not, his actions could certainly color him as one, we have not seen significant evidence otherwise, so why defend a position you cannot? Because you don't like the idea of racism at all. You are refusing to acknowledge it even exists for whatever reason. You refuse to accept the possibility that racism could be the problem.

Kanye West called things like he saw them, and he has substantial evidence to support his belief. As harsh as the statement was, there is an element of truth. Why do so many white people get reverse racism syndrome whenever racism rears it's ugly head in this country? Can we not accept that racism exists, without immediately presenting reverse-racist claims, and creating even more of a rift between races? Sure racism exists of both the black and white kind, but it's not right to throw dirt in each others faces every time this shit happens for real. Anything outside of the immediate situation is irrelevant, lest you want to carry on these old hatreds that keep us divided.

Originally posted by onesecondple@Sep 3 2005, 01:06 AM

True true, but the problem is we see reverse racism all the time because the card is pulled at the drop of hat, Boy who cried wolf. I'm going to bed.

I know it gets out of hand sometimes.... but this is not that time.

Bush is either racist, or woefully inept as a commander in cheif. Probably both.

Originally posted by Wire@Sep 2 2005, 10:40 PM

If you don't make more than 100 million dollars a year, George Bush does not care about you.

Everything else in his post aside, this is a valid point. The fact that people don't realize this is actually starting to get on my nerves. It's not about black or white; it's about assets and liabilities and people's constant failing to realize this is only impeding progress on all sides.

Let me give you an example: I go to school in Detroit which, whether I like to admit it or not, still seems to carry more racial tension than anywhere I've ever been in the entire world. It's to the point where, just this past Thursday, my psychology professor brought up how blacks were being demonized by the media while whites were being give a 'survival pass'. This 50 year old man isn't a liberal douche, nor is he the type to try to cover his ass because he's lily white in a room full of black students, and he wasn't trying to talk as though there's some grand conspiracy among us whites to constantly put down black folk. He voiced his observations and concerns (the same as in the black vs. white topic) about how this could be happening and the potential backlash and was immediately confronted by one a student who had miscontrued the point. She accused him of 'giving examples of how blacks are evil and whites are good'.

Sure, she's a 'dumb' person, she missed the point... but how many other people are going to miss the point in the coming days? How many people, both black and white, have been cheated out of a good enough education to approach the situation from an objective standpoint and analyze what's really happening (i.e. Fermentor's points)? How many people are going to be too attatched to their emotions to even begin to discuss what's happened on the surface, let alone what the real issue is?

It doesn't matter if the president's a racist. You hear that? He's a temporary figurehead. While we're all here toiling over race potrayl the people who pull the strings are still behind gates and secret service with their wealthy black, white, yellow, and lumberjack-plaid counterparts... and they're not overly concerned with what's happening or percieved so long as it doesn't dismantle 'their' dynasty.

I worry because I know it's going to be difficult to arrive at the root of the problem when the root of the problem is not a difficult one to grasp. I worry because people are failing to realize that whether lily-white or onyx-black, welfar or middle class you're still an expendable resource. I don't worry because of this one instance, but because it seems to be never-ending and from the looks of it, it's never going to change so long as people, of all colors, lack the capacity to distance themselves from the situation.

I have to hear middle class white chicks refer to things as 'ghetto' on a constant basis and I can't help but think that to someone, somewhere high up this girl is just as 'ghetto' as the welfare-stricken kids in the PJs because she fails to realize that, while she's subliminally looking down on someone else because her parents make $20,000 more a year, those who control where the money and power goes are laughing their asses all the way to Hardee's.

I honestly believe it's because somewhere, a long, long time ago, someone realized just how easy it is to manipulate and distract en masse'. You don't believe in social engineering? You're right. Governments have never used tactical human response on a large scale to overthrow/discredit people that they don't care for.

B.R.MLB.

Paranoid.Android

Bush comes from a long line of whitebread, wealthy, and elite oil barons. He went to Yale, the whitest of the ivy leagues and was in Skull and Crossbones which is a white, elistest, and wealthy club that many politicians have been part of over many years. He's also a born-again Christian. I'm sure he's racist as fuck.

First of all I'd like to suggest that some of you complaining that these people should have evacuated or bitching about the looting shut the fuck up.

I know it's difficult for you to understand, but you've never been poor. No, I'm not talking about how you're going through college right now on student loans, 10k a year, and a bunch of money from your parents, and after buying food, books, drugs, paying rent and going to the bars every weekend you don't have enough money to buy all 4 of the videogames and movies you wanted, and you have to settle for only 3. I know that seems like poor to you now, but it isn't. Trust me.

Ah fuck it, you'll figure it out someday.

all of this is based on class... poor people are gonna get the short end of the stick... if new orleans was sitting on top of a billion dollar oil industry instead of 10 feet below sea level and being one of the poorest cities in the united states then maybe you would see some response.

the race card is getting old, there might be racism and profiling, but fuck what else is new that shit has been happening and will happen. is it right? no its not, but fuck do something with your lives when given the opportunity wether through education or whatever, or are you gonna tell me that white people force blacks/hispanics/etc. to drop out of highschool, take responsibility for yourself instead of trying to blame your problems on someone else.

back on topic, who is kanye west to say anything on the matter. what kind of role model is he to his own "people". if hes gonna blame anyone he should be blaming the secretary of state...congress and everyone who is really calling the shots, but instead he goes and voices out his opinion, and you praise him like he said something remarkable that was never thought of by average everyday citizens.

the whole situtaion is disgusting.. so many at fault.. just wait until the full scale investigations begin, theres so much shit out there that is still unknown.

run on sentences for days...

and im out :shook:

Guest ctrl+alt+del

psh, fuck onesecond and glik0, you pieces of shit. a good reminder why i dont waste time on 12oz anymore, only to find the kanye video because i know all you kids would be all over it. too bad it takes just a few dumb fuckers, remnants of the ibtease nutsack sucking gang, to ruin what was once a dope discussion board. oh well.

does kanye's music suck? fuck yeah. is katrina a conservative conspiracy. cmon, fuck no. did government officials fuck up, somewhere along the line, multiple times? of course. are poor people getting shitted on right now? yes, and it IS terrible. does bush hate blacks? duh.

and was that video clip not the funniest shit ever? kanye being so uncouth and blunt. and you really just cant beat that timing. austin powers finishes talking, kanye goes for the last word and boldly, almost it seems, unthinkingly, states 'bush does not care about black people' and austin powers doesnt flinch for a second, and then his head snaps over to the rapper as he realizes what he just said, and the camera cuts. to tell you the truth, and i do understand this to be a serious situation, but that was the funniest shit ever, ive watched that clip 4 or 5 times and its pretty damn funny.

basically, and ill bold this because all the annoying fuckers do shit like this, and this way i know theyll read it onesecondple is a piece of shit bigot, as is glik0 and how he ever made crew is a mystery to me, but whatever because i could care fucking less

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del@Sep 3 2005, 01:52 AM

psh, fuck onesecond and glik0, you pieces of shit. a good reminder why i dont waste time on 12oz

[/b]

After Cotton/ YOUR SKIN, THAT SKIN

THE RACE ISSUE CAN NOT BE MITIGATED, NOT EVEN BY QUASI- OPEN MINDED "FOLKS". IT IS CLEAR THAT THE SITUATION HAS BEEN POLARIZED WHICH HAS ULTIMATELY TURNED BLACK "CONTRA" WHITES.

After The Fields/ THE MICHAEL JORDAN COMPLEX

UTTER RACISM AND GEOPOLITICS, IT HAS stayed the same SINCE THE ARRIVAL OF DARK-SKINNED CARGO. WHAT IS EXPECTED WHEN INDIGINEOUS PEOPLE ARE DISPLACED IN AMERICA? INEXPENSIVE LABOR PERHAPS, OR SUB- HUMANS WORTHY TO BE HELD AS CAPTIVES FOR WORK. WHERE DID THE EMPLOYERS (WHO DWARF HALLIBURTON AND ITS CONTEMPORARIES) NEED THE FREE LABOR? OF COURSE IT WAS PREDOMINANTLY NEEDED IN THE SOUTHERN STATES. MY OUIJA BOARD FORGOT TO SPELL CHECK NEW ORLEANS, BUT I AM ASSUMING THAT IS IN THE SOUTHERN REGION OF AMERICA.

After Liberation/ OVERTURE RENAMED DECADENCE

AM I SURPRISED TO SEE THE NATIVES OF NEW ORLEANS ENRAGED? THEIR ANTIDECENDENTS COULD HAVE ACCURATELY GUESSED THE SITUATITION, MINUS THE STARBUCKS AND WHITE KIDS CLAIMING TO BE "niggers". AFTERALL THE GAP BETWEEN THE LAST SLAVE GENERATION AND THE CURRENT FREED "NEGRO" IS NOT LARGE AT ALL. WHICH LEAVES A COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS (BUT NOT ENTIRELY JUNGIAN SINCE IT TENDED TO RESEMBLE MYSTICISM ). THE SAMEWAY GUMBO HAS BEEN HANDED TO THIS LAST GENERATION FROM DECEASED SKIN, THE MENTALITIES OF THAT GENERATION ARE AT WORK AS WE SPEAK, HENCE DEEP IN THOSE HEARTS "YESSAH MASTAH" IS HARD TO FORGET.

On the bus/ Present COTTON FIELDS RUINED

That is why the mediums of transportation were predominantly filled by the African. And to you "snotty" kids, cars are not owned by all. I know hard working Mexicans who do not qualify for such a luxury because the family in their native land depends on the incoming resources.

Dejare esto sin ti/ EL TIEMPO ESTA CANSADO

Come El Africano Lo Dejaron Con Nada En La Tierra De Los Indios, Tambien La Vivora La Movieron Del Nopal Que Le Pertenesia A Un Azteca Llamado Moctezuma/ THE WAY THE AFRICANS WERE LEFT IN DESPAIR IN A LAND OF INDIANS, THEY ALSO MOVED THE SNAKE FROM THE CACTUS WHICH BELONGED TO AN AZTEC NAMED MOCTEZUMA.

i'm just surprised when he started ad-libbing, i didn't see a trapdoor open up underneath him. that was some bold-ass shit to say, and it's too bad he's gonna pay for it. and, who's the calmest guy i saw on tv tonight? yep, george bush, ladies and gents. he looked like a walking commercial for xanax...he got a little flustered, but mostly had this, "hmmmmmmmm" look, very detached. if i was president, and i went to new orleans and saw what looked, smelled, and sounded like a third world country...and i acted that cool...i'd expect some hatred. no, a LOT, actually.

do any of us really know what it is to be trully poor as we type from our computers with highspeed connections? i dont know if any of you have actually been to louisiana in order to really know what the hell you people are talking about but that place is pretty 3rd world compared to the rest of america. and yo a 3 days notice to bounce with no cash isnt enough. shit if you told me i had a week before the whole city blows up i dont think i could get out quick enough. once you leave then what? could you really support yourself with whatever pocket change you had in order to pay for overpriced water, gas, hotel, etc? my first thought when i heard of this disaster was. where were all the buses to take all the poor people out of the city? you didnt expect them to get out themselves did you? so why is everyone here so sure that they could have? because you have a fucking 2005 blazer sitting in the damn driveway. dont try to put yourselves in other peoples shoes when your brain doesnt have the capacity to do so.