Pictures of people from my childhood.

26SidedCube

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by isor357+Sep 1 2005, 01:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (isor357 - Sep 1 2005, 01:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks like redford

[/b]

Close, it's a city that borders Southwest.

<!--QuoteBegin-why write?@Sep 1 2005, 01:39 AM

these are nice flicks to see, just out of curiousity, who are the RIP's?

and the bathing suit pictures, i used to have shorts just like the kid on the right, that was what i wore all the time, and who remembers those shiny outfit suit type things that had wierd ass designs on them?

The RIPs are my oldest friend's parents who, in the past 5 years, passed away in their early 50's. The man's name is Jim. He was the ultimate badass and taught us much of life's gritty facts when it came to shotguns, women, liquor, and friends. He died from drug abuse and alcholism 5 years back. The woman is Joan, his wife, who cleaned up her act well before he passed and still passed away about 3 weeks ago from cancer... she was really a good woman considering the environment. She's high as fuck in that picture... but none the less a really strong person.

And 181, in response to your PM... basically it was her passing that made me think of this. My friend sent me a few of these a while ago and they stirred up a lot that I'd forgotten.

Dickus.. yeah, pretty white trash. It's what made our skin and egos tough enough to beat the fuck out of people that are shocked by this without remorse.

Originally posted by slave_one@Sep 1 2005, 02:03 AM

you may have been white trash, but looks like you had a close relationship with your family at least. that to me is important.

Well, they weren't my immediate family but close enough, these are the people that watched me for some 6 years while mom was working at the post-office and pops was punching a clock. My family is far from rich these days but it's still a drastic contrast when I look back at these.

Thanks for all the good words.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Sep 1 2005, 06:52 AM

Dickus.. yeah, pretty white trash. It's what made our skin and egos tough enough to beat the fuck out of people that are shocked by this without remorse.

What the fuck is shocking about these photos? Regular kids doing regular shit?

Nice photos anyway, good idea

I grew up in pretty much the same kind of environment, so I can relate. Not really as white trash though. The pictures remind me of what it was like growing up in the 80's. That neighborhood looked like the neighborhood an old friend of mine still lives in to this day. This is real to me, before cheaply made suburban pre-fab houses that all looked the same started to sprawl out all over america, with their names that dont really mean shit. These were all houses built in the 60's and earlier. Back when every family's cars were all American, boxy, and rear wheel drive. There were no neighborhood associations and the kids back then are nothing like they are today. Kids today are way fucked up, doing things I was getting into in high school younger and younger every year now.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Sep 1 2005, 12:19 AM

Well, they weren't my immediate family but close enough, these are the people that watched me for some 6 years while mom was working at the post-office and pops was punching a clock. My family is far from rich these days but it's still a drastic contrast when I look back at these.

Thanks for all the good words.

oh okay...i had people that kinda watched me too when my mom was working 2 jobs; but their kids weren't as nice to me. as a matter of fact, they acted like they were better than me; because they had nice things, nice toys and a nice house. i hated being w/them but i had no choice.

those people in those photos treated you well...and that's good.

Originally posted by Hokus@Sep 2 2005, 12:57 AM

i was all excited to grow up, i grew up too much...life sucks..i wish i could run around with a stick pretending i was donatello, or a power ranger...or staying up til 12 and being like " damn its late" hahaha, god daman..

these are things that you can still do. you may look crazy, but it's worth being donatello again.