eric b...NOT dead

hungoverseas

One man died and another was seriously injured during a shooting at a barber's shop, police said.

Two men, aged 24 and 39, were taken to hospital following the incident in Long Island on Saturday afternoon.

The 39-year-old, Eric BarrIer also known as Eric B. who lived locally, died from his injuries.

The 24-year-old, also from Long Island, is said to be in a serious but

stable condition in hospital.

West Camden Police were called to reports of several shots being fired in and around the barber's shop at the junction of Lozells Road and Wheeler Street.

A force spokeswoman said no arrests had been made and appealed to anyone who witnessed the incident or had any information about it to contact police.

One of rap's most influential acts during the 1980s, Eric B & Rakim made the sampling of James Brown records the main source for hip-hop's sound during

the late '80s and early '90s, beginning with their stellar debut, Paid in Full.

While Eric B dazzled listeners with his turntable techniques, Rakim pointed the way toward the easy-rollin' style of the '90s with his laidback raps, though forceful in content. Each of the duo's first three albums achieved gold status, and they even managed the Top Five R&B hit "Friends" in 1989.

While working as a mobile DJ for New York's WBLS during 1985, Eric Barrier met William Griffin, a top MC who had grown up on Long Island. The two began recording together and emerged with "Eric B Is President."

The single appeared in 1986 on Harlem's Zakia label, and became a street

sensation. Signed to 4th & Broadway the following year, Eric B & Rakim

released their debut album, Paid in Full.

The LP's success led to a contract with Uni/MCA in 1988, and their second

album, Follow the Leader, was released that year. Two more albums followed,

Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em (1990) and Don't Sweat the Technique (1992), after

which the duo broke up. By the mid-'90s, Eric B. had emerged as a solo act

on his own 95th Street label.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

from allhiphop.com

ERIC B DEAD?

No, No, No… Here it is y’all – as far as I know Eric B is still alive and well. The source of this wack rumor is some bone head that thought it was cute to write a fake news story stating that the famous DJ was shot and killed. Well, it’s not true (to my knowledge) and, if you read the story, you can easily tell it’s a fraud. Eric B for president still…I think he could do better than the current commander-in-chief.

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Aug 30 2005, 01:26 AM

I dont know you..... but I do know that rakim grabs the mic to add styles.... nice play though.....

One after the other one, then I make another one....

Rakim was adding rhymes ,not styles.......

"so then I add all the rhymes I had" -Rakim (Microphone fiend)

• 9 months later...