SUPER SPIDErS!

Tough Love

We have what I think are not brown recluses, but regular boring spiders, but I still fucking hate them. They bite you in the middle of the goddamn night, and you wake up all itchy. Plus they always make webs right in the doorways out of my house.

Thanks to this thread, I feel dumbass itchy/spiderwebbeedy.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by bostonsnewestink@Aug 29 2005, 03:20 PM

i was walkin out on a bridge over a river not to long ago, seriously 100s of spiders i couldnt take it i had to jump off like 15 feet and landed on glass bottles the second i got over land, but hell its better than 100s of spiders in my face.

lol

Ok I thought that was a wolf spider... I've never had too much trouble smashing one though. They are pretty tough though.

Yeah brown recluses are nasty fucks. You gotta get the spot where they bit you at cut out. I've actually been bit by them several times but I don't get the flesh eating effect. It acts more like a neurotoxin to me. The first time I got bit by one I almost died.... Felt like a heroin overdose or something, I started blacking out and getting tunnel vision.... Always had similar effects to that but to a lesser degree, now I'm immune to their poison. Yeah I'm an alien.

i was down in south jersey a few weeks ago from massachusetts. i seen some whooooole other shit. my man was like a nice inch and a half long. a half inch thick. it was brown and had big round ass eyes. it had four legs and dragged itself around with like half-pincers or some shit. when i went to touch it, it got on its back legs and put the pincers up. i dunno man. some crazy shit. anyone know what the fuck im talkin about??

What the fuck are you talking about, man? This a spider of some sort in question? Sounds like a centipede with the dimensions.

I used to hate spiders. Now they are what I use instead of pesticide. It's all love. Shit, I didn't even kill the black widow I found the other week. That was just a memory lapse, though.

seeing what that spider bite did freaks me out. i was fine with spiders before seeing that. not that i wouldn't run from the huge hairy spiders, or the huge bright yellow/green ones that i've seen out in the swamp woods.

i had a brown recluse climb out of my refrigerator or at least that is what the neighbor said it was. i went and got him to kill it, i was real young.

that's enough ranting. i have to go to bed and have nightmares because my mattress is on the floor. thanks guys.

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by shameless self promotion+Aug 28 2005, 02:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shameless self promotion - Aug 28 2005, 02:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dubsface@Aug 28 2005, 05:20 PM

Thank god I live in NY, where all I have to worry about are rats in the subways and the occasional small non-flying cockroach.

Theres a flying type!? :yuck:

[/b]

fuck yeah, in hawaii we got big flying mutherfuckers dubbed "b52's"

the can get up to like 3 inches long and buzz when they fly. and please believe they always fly right at you... ack!!!

aroach.jpg

as far as spiders down here, not too much big venemous ones as far as i know. altho there are cane spiders that get pretty big. the one cool spider we do have is the "happy faced" spider thats endemic to the islands

zzzhappyfacespiders.jpg

One time there was this crazy tarantula looking spider stalking me for about three days... I swear to god he was using the vent system in my house to get around and following me everywhere. The first time I saw him, I was watching TV in the living room, and he was on the ceiling just staring at me. I tried to shoot him down with a squirtgun, but he ran into a vent. Then, about seven hours later, I woke up in the middle of the night in my bedroom on another floor on the other side of the house, and that motherfucker was standing on the ceiling directly above me, watching me sleep. I went to get a broom, and he was gone. And this went on for days... in the kitchen, the bathroom, wherever...it was like Cape Fear or some shit.

There was a happy ending, though... a huge, badass praying mantis took up residence on our back porch (we watched it fuck, then immediately chop in half and eat, a clearly less badass male) for about a week. So eventually, my roomate caught the fucking spider and threw it at the mantis for what we thought was going to be a crazy Discovery channel style battle royale, and the mantis fucking destroyed the spider so fast I almost felt bad. Fucking ownage to the nth degree.

That was awesome.

i was sleeping when i was bit by a spider that came from under the couch two weeks ago, my hand swelled up to like half the size of a boxing glove...its all good though after my hand healed i killed its kids...with a head vacum. no spidey powers though.

Originally posted by nozaki@Aug 30 2005, 03:32 PM

am i the only one who thinks killing is completely wrong, no matter what form of life?

uh, yes.

fuck spiders.

there are these black spiders, about the size of a silver dollar, living in my laundry room in the ceiling tile above, which needs to be replaced. I'm kinda tall so the effect is double terrifying at times. I tend to image them dropping on my head all the fucking time and end up just doing whatever laundry shit i gotta do and get the fuck outta there. When i turn on the light in there later at night, i see a couple chillin on the outside of the tiles and they scurry away when the light comes on. i killed a couple of their brothers and sisters, i'm sure they plottin on me. :(

Originally posted by shameless self promotion+Aug 28 2005, 10:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shameless self promotion - Aug 28 2005, 10:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dubsface@Aug 28 2005, 05:20 PM

Thank god I live in NY, where all I have to worry about are rats in the subways and the occasional small non-flying cockroach.

Theres a flying type!? :yuck:

[/b]

Img0023.jpg

yup, these suckers right here....BIg too...usually abut one inch long or more.

Originally posted by Suicide Bomber@Aug 29 2005, 11:28 AM

Dang im happy i live in canada man. We have no roaches no rats no anything lol. Ive only seen small siders totally harmless. The biggest ive ever seen is like a centimeter by a centimeter. u guys are unlucky.

first of all - we do have spiders. the founder of this thread is from canada - therefore we do

and

NO RATS? where are YOU from? Kitimat BC? because vancouver has tonnes of rats. and tonnes of skunks and tonnes of cockroaches too

re: flying cockroaches.

hell yes they can fly. i'm sure i told this one before but here it is again.

i was in the philippines a few years ago and had never seen a cockroach in my entire 22 years of life. being from canada and from a city that is covered in snow for 5 months a year, we didn't get many roaches kicking around, and obviously i didn't know they can fly.

so anyway, its been a few weeks in the tropics, i got used to seeing roaches and lizards chilling everywhere, things were cool.

i go to take a shit in this small little bathroom that is a concrete room just big enough to open the door turn around, drop trou and do your thing.

i'm sitting there relaxing and thinking about the trip so far, looking at the trail of ants that are going up the wall to my right and this roach starts crawling up the door in front of me. I start watching it, looking at the antennae feel around and help mr roach up the door.

i swear, as soon as i thought, "whats the big deal that everyone makes of roaches? they're not scary at all", that fucking thing jumped off the door, hit me right in the face and started buzzing around the tiny shithole. it was like that fucker could read my mind and was like, "oh you think so whiteboy?"

i started freaking out, probably yelled like a little girl, and got out of there fast as possible just to see the family i was staying there laughing at me, while i'm just like "Holy shit! i didn't know those things could fly!"

still, they ain't so scary. ;)

Originally posted by sarahyoulose+Aug 30 2005, 10:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sarahyoulose - Aug 30 2005, 10:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Suicide Bomber@Aug 29 2005, 11:28 AM

Dang im happy i live in canada man. We have no roaches no rats no anything lol. Ive only seen small siders totally harmless. The biggest ive ever seen is like a centimeter by a centimeter. u guys are unlucky.

first of all - we do have spiders. the founder of this thread is from canada - therefore we do

and

NO RATS? where are YOU from? Kitimat BC? because vancouver has tonnes of rats. and tonnes of skunks and tonnes of cockroaches too

[/b]

He didn't say we don;t have spiders....