katrina

saraday

that is fucked up....all you folks in nola stay in, stay safe...fucking gnarly. i'm at a loss for words. i'm sorry, i'm thinking of you. i'm worried about my sister, she lives in NE alabama...if anyone there is reading this, pm me and let me know what's going on there, especially around decatur. i'd appreciate it. thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was just watching cnn and a lady called in on her cell phone saying alot of people in her neighborhood were stuck in tree's and on top of buildings and the water was still rising. They were trying to get a helicopter out there last time I watched, but the cop on tv said it was unlikely they would be reached till mid afternoon. Some crazy shit. People on there saying the water was rising a foot a 1/2 min. in their houses in the middle of the storm.

There are now 30 confirmed dead in new orleans. All from one neighborhood. Shame.

Not to sound disrespectful but they were given plenty warning to evacuate and they decided to try and ride it out anyway. They coulda gone to the superdome or some other designated shelter. Like I said I aint trying to sound too direspectful, but what the fuck!?!?

If I'm wrong let me know.

i just woke up to find that 80% of the ENTIRE new orleans metro area is submurged.

i don't think i can watch the news anymore without getting teary. i'm very worried about some people i know in metiairie (outskirt) who normally don't evacuate.. people say they've been seeing bodies floating down the river... water is still pouring into the city.

villian: you're not being disrespectful, there was a MANDATORY evacuation.

i'm in shock. new orleans will never recover. water is still pouring into the city. i feel like a lost a part of myself (as cheesy as that sounds).

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Aug 30 2005, 01:14 AM

I was just watching cnn and a lady called in on her cell phone saying alot of people in her neighborhood were stuck in tree's and on top of buildings and the water was still rising. They were trying to get a helicopter out there last time I watched, but the cop on tv said it was unlikely they would be reached till mid afternoon. Some crazy shit. People on there saying the water was rising a foot a 1/2 min. in their houses in the middle of the storm.

There are now 30 confirmed dead in new orleans. All from one neighborhood. Shame.

I think I saw this lady too. She said that they could here people screaming in the dark, and that there were alot of dogs being wrapped up in wires and electrocuted. The lady seemed like she was about to break down on TV. Everyone in those states stay safe.

Originally posted by turbo17livesinhell+Aug 30 2005, 08:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (turbo17livesinhell - Aug 30 2005, 08:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dirty_habiT@Aug 29 2005, 02:49 PM

someone graff'd that ped crossing sign.

sion gfk bitch

[/b]

Is that what that mess says.... bitch?

i live in lafayette.. moved out of new orleans last year.. got fam in Opel (aka hell).. turbo: check that link i last posted.. nagin is reporting on some of the damage.. twinspans are COMPLETELY destroyed.

ods- the end of the day??@?!?!? they're expecting no power for at LEAST 4-6 weeks..

they've barely even begun to assess the damage.

this is bad, VERY bad.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT+Aug 30 2005, 10:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dirty_habiT - Aug 30 2005, 10:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by turbo17livesinhell@Aug 30 2005, 08:39 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Dirty_habiT@Aug 29 2005, 02:49 PM

someone graff'd that ped crossing sign.

sion gfk bitch

Is that what that mess says.... bitch?

[/b]

dude dont fucking step to me when my cityis getting ravaged im distraught ill fucking kill you....bitch

Originally posted by saraday@Aug 30 2005, 10:08 AM

i live in lafayette.. moved out of new orleans last year.. got fam in Opel (aka hell).. turbo: check that link i last posted.. nagin is reporting on some of the damage.. twinspans are COMPLETELY destroyed.

ods- the end of the day??@?!?!? they're expecting no power for at LEAST 4-6 weeks..

they've barely even begun to assess the damage.

this is bad, VERY bad.

I was referring to the people inside the superdome. Things are very bad in there.

"The city of New Orleans is in a state of devastation," Nagin told WWL TV on Monday night. "We probably have 80 percent of our city underwater, with some sections of our city, the water is as deep as 20 feet." (Watch emotional account of devastation)

Katrina came ashore early Monday as a Category 4 hurricane, strafing New Orleans with 120 mph winds. (Full story)

New Orleans, a city of nearly half a million with a metropolitan area population of 1.3 million, was under a mandatory evacuation order issued Sunday. However, many people defied that order and remained in homes and shelters. Thousands were shielded from the storm in the city's Louisiana Superdome. (Full story)

The city's French Quarter weathered the storm in its unique style. (Full story)

"My heart is heavy tonight," Nagin said. "I don't have any good news to share."

"We're going to have a significant amount of loss of life in the city," he said, citing reports coming in from fire, police and National Guard sources.

Louisiana officials have released no death toll, but Nagin predicted eastern New Orleans and the city's 9th Ward would be the hardest hit, noting the National Guard would be setting up temporary morgues.

Nagin said bodies have been seen floating in flood waters.

"It's not a pretty picture."

..very sad indeed..

Nagin said both both New Orleans airports are underwater and there would be no electricity in the city for four to six weeks. Natural gas leaks have been reported throughout town, he said.

"Now is not the time to return to the city," Nagin said to those who had evacuated ahead of Katrina, saying they would have to wait weeks, if not months.

"It's almost like a nightmare, that I hope we wake up from," Nagin said.

Nagin confirmed reports that a two-block-long part of a levee has given way to Lake Pontchartrain at the city's 17th Street Canal -- near the city's center. (See video on how the levee broke)

"There's a serious leak and it's causing the water to continue to rise," he said.

The New Orleans Fire Department said the break was about 200 feet long.

back into the gulf of mexico..... i guess.

there are several pumping stations in new orleans that pump water out. the city floods ALL the time, but water doesnt stay long because of thsoe stations.

3 pumping stations are not fuctioning right now..

the levee breach on the 17th street canal makes things bad, because when they try to pump water out of metairie (hard hit w/floods), the water goes into the canal, in turn, flooding all of gentilly and mid city.

basiclly, they cant pump some areas because it floods other areas.

:(