Doom

fermentor666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CACashRefund+Aug 29 2005, 01:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - Aug 29 2005, 01:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Thought Wrong@Aug 28 2005, 05:15 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-CACashRefund@Aug 28 2005, 10:36 AM

Its really sad for them to exploit something like this and not even make it decent.

But im not surprised.

youre not used to it by now?

[/b]

BIG LETTERS

Street Fighter was horrible, horrible. The remember liking the first Mortal Kombat movie when it was in theaters, but when I saw it last year it was horrible.

I thought the two Resident Evil movies were decent for what they wear. I went in expecting shlocky, lightweight horror and came away with the expectations met.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by fermentor666@Aug 28 2005, 12:06 AM

That's true. I know I'm going to be seeing this in the theaters. Maybe my super-low expectations will make me think it's awesome. Or by saying that I have super low expectations that will make me think it's awesome, am I actually having high expectations? Hmmmm....ParadoX (points to anyone that actually gets that capitalization reference on ParadoX).

Hey I'm no intern00b... I'm listening to chiptunes right now made by maktone of Class... and they're about on the same level as Paradox. On a light note, I believe that the new Halo movie will be good, I think I even read on here that it's being directed by a well established and skilled director.... meh... whatever.

Also... I hated Doom3, I think it fucking sucked being stuck in some underground facility the whole time, never getting a real bearing on your position. It's just a bunch of narrow tunnels and monsters popping out of hiding spots.... LLLLLAME. Now, Quake 4, which I ripped off the other day before it hit store shelves.... it's based on the quake 3 engine, except this game is like leaps and bounds above what doom3 was. Highly impressed and I recommend it to anyone who has enough power under the hood of their computer to run it.

--DHABZ // this is my testament

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Halo is being produced by Peter Jackson and written by Alex Garland. Still no word on who will direct it, but so far, so good. Bungie are super adamant that the movie version kick just as much ass as the video game... this wasn't so with id and the Doom movie version. They were like "as long as it's a fun movie and doesn't terribly embarrass us, it's fine".

I'll probably watch this on DVD. I think the FPS sequence looks fun.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Oct 22 2005, 05:27 PM

And, yo, Fermentor - you're nuts for having sat through this movie. I knew it was terrible.

And The Rock had no idea of what the heck he was talking about on Daily Show.

Dude, I had to. It was Doom, I have such good memories from that game and this movie just ran them over and buttfucked them. Even if it was just some random movie with another name and no connection to Doom it would be horrible.

The FPS scenes, it was ok on the big screen, but it's basically like you're watching someone play Doom 3. Pretty fucking cheesy for a major motion picture about a video game to literally BE a video.

DHabz - ParadoX = Quake player turned level designer for Ritual who put out the first Quake 1 expansion pack and later put out the game SiN, which tanked.