Arab HandStyles

Guest --zeSto--

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL thinks its fresh t mess around with other styles. WE use celtic letters qhuite a bit. but WE also read up and try to do them right. there are certain characteristics about writings and letters in other cultures that you have to have for it to work.

by the way..has anoyone seen TWISTS old faux arabic looking twist tags?????? sick is HELL....

post these tags you speak of almighty king

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

As a student and resodent nerd of the handstyle phenomenon, I am both inspired and excited by both this and the recka post.

I will now return to monkhood in front of my sketchbook.

-----------------------

have you heard the arabic language spoken?

hypnotic...

bob you know we tend to agree on much art, but i happen to remember a time when you were screwing around with culturally influenced styles quite a bit. i think that artists leaning to arabic is something that has been a long time in the making anyone who sees an arabic calligraphic attempt understands its obvious beauty, and a writer can see its ability to stand as a specific handstyle, tho i full well agree with the fact that it shouldnt just be some half assed attempt to look like arabic, and from his attempts there was an understanding of flow and pen control that comes from looking at a lot of arabic, i think it looks really nice, i have been planning to get my "lord have mercy" tattoo in arabic for a real long time. to sit right next to the kufi that i feel like to much of a poseur to put on.

i do agree with bob on the buddhist xmas lites... but i also am a firm believer in the filling the bucket theory the more religious imagery comes into play in our demoniac culture the more religion is going to stand out and attract. shit urban outfitters also had murtis (dieties) of radha and krsna. does your average joe who hasnt researched vaishnava culture understand the relationship between krsna and radharani, no... but does he gain spiritual benefit by gazing at their image, of fucking course. my two cents. i gotta get some fucking pen control...

Originally posted by *ZEMONEDOE$

fuck that.burn in hell.

im starting to hate imports more and more.

god bless the u.s and fuck the rest

hating on the rest of the world?!...now that's quite some beef ya got there fella..i bet your ignorance shows in your graff as well..

god bless the u.s. and fuck the rest...haha..corny..

Guest BROWNer

i like 'em.

i think a good full on discussion of appropriation in

graffiti would be very interesting in how it relates

to the whole biting thing...especially from a fine

arts point of view...

Okay, I have a question for anyone interested. Is it wrong to be influenced by someone else or their artwork? Is it wrong to seek to equal or improve upon their style?

In my opinion, we each have many spheres of influence. Some of them our our surroundings, and others are things which we seek for. Each person seeks for inspiration in one matter or another. We will most likely be influenced by the things which we search for. We each learn through emulation, and then hopefully from our own experience. Through personal experience we develop our own style. Our culture is an element of every step of the process of growth.

Our cultures are ever changing; they enter mix and divide frequently. We co-opt what we like from the way we live, and the way we want to live. I'd say that we all will enevitably bite. Hopefully, we realize when we are biting someone else's work, and try to make it original enough to be our own.

Guest Dick Gozinya

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW SUCH BEAUTIFUL HANDSTYLES CAN COME OUT OF SUCH A FILTHY PART OF THE WORLD. ALL THIS JIHAD NONSENSE PISSES ME OFF BEYOND BELIEF, BUT THOSE SCRIBES ARE SO SICK. TOO BAD THESE FILTHY FUCKS DAMAGE THE IMAGE OF IT ALL WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS CONQUESTS. I USUALLY DO THAT KINDA SHIT AND I STOPPED IT WHEN ALL THIS SHIT WENT DOWN IN SEPTEMBER. I THINK THOUGH WHEN THAT STYLE WAS DEVELOPED THOSE PEOPLE WERENT AS FILTHY AS THEY ARE RIGHT NOW, MAYBE ONLY HALF AS MUCH.......:D :D :D :D

kagyu

Originally posted by Dick Gozinya

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW SUCH BEAUTIFUL HANDSTYLES CAN COME OUT OF SUCH A FILTHY PART OF THE WORLD. ALL THIS JIHAD NONSENSE PISSES ME OFF BEYOND BELIEF, BUT THOSE SCRIBES ARE SO SICK. TOO BAD THESE FILTHY FUCKS DAMAGE THE IMAGE OF IT ALL WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS CONQUESTS. I USUALLY DO THAT KINDA SHIT AND I STOPPED IT WHEN ALL THIS SHIT WENT DOWN IN SEPTEMBER. I THINK THOUGH WHEN THAT STYLE WAS DEVELOPED THOSE PEOPLE WERENT AS FILTHY AS THEY ARE RIGHT NOW, MAYBE ONLY HALF AS MUCH.......:D :D :D :D

even cops can have opinions

See, if the Buddha was around today and found christmas lights in his image, he'd shell out and buy them to show his buddies. Buddha had a sense of humor, and so should you. There's nothing wrong with trying something on for size in your book or asking some friends what they think. Try a piece that looks like Cyrillic, Japanese, whatever. It's not super different than throwing some Cholo, NoNeg, or Wicket into your mix. Chances are against your doing anything that looks fly, ever, so why hold yourself back?

Another thing: What the fuck is the deal with people getting things tattooed on them in languages they can't read? I find that extremely suspect. I mean, if you're comfortable with the word for "power" or whatever in Chinese on your arm, why aren't you comfortable with the English word? Or are you too ashamed to have people around your way be able to read it?

Sonik3000

My back says

"THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO BE HAPPY"

IN ENGLISH.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by Sonik3000

See, if the Buddha was around today and found christmas lights in his image, he'd shell out and buy them to show his buddies. Buddha had a sense of humor, and so should you. There's nothing wrong with trying something on for size in your book or asking some friends what they think. Try a piece that looks like Cyrillic, Japanese, whatever. It's not super different than throwing some Cholo, NoNeg, or Wicket into your mix. Chances are against your doing anything that looks fly, ever, so why hold yourself back?

Another thing: What the fuck is the deal with people getting things tattooed on them in languages they can't read? I find that extremely suspect. I mean, if you're comfortable with the word for "power" or whatever in Chinese on your arm, why aren't you comfortable with the English word? Or are you too ashamed to have people around your way be able to read it?

Sonik3000

My back says

"THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO BE HAPPY"

IN ENGLISH.

actually, i got japanese kanji tattooed on me. its not just the word. i think we all know how fresh hand drawn kanji looks. where as if i had just gotten the words in plain english that whould be fine, but i do admire the art form of hand lettering. not that there arent a zillion fonts in english that i could have used, but in essence i just really love the way the damn things are drawn. im not ashamed to have people know what it is, because as anyone with a tattoo that saya something in another language knows, you are always answering the same question to everyone. "hey, whats that mean?" so your going tohave to tell people either way. if anything its more of a headache because of the constant questions, but i felt it was worth it. its more thna just the woord to me. its a symbol. like a charm.

sonik seeing as you are leaving soon i dont know if you will read this but having numerous words in foriegn languages that you know about on my body lends me to believe that this question is directed at me... it isnt that i dont like english (*i do have english already) i most likely will have more english tattoos... the kanji on my leg had to do with a love of brushstroke, and then it ended up getting done in woodcut.

tho the latin is wrong behind my ears, i was thinking of just getting the english, yet something about listnening to too much death metal and having a slight sense of humor and hearing those words before i just thought it would be amusing to have latin around skulls... something about that works in my mind.

and sanskrit like arabic will always be in my mind not just script... it is art, which is where this whole post came from. i appreciate the other cultures lettering enough to get it tattooed as an artform... much like getting any symbol of another culture tattooed because of sheer appreciation of the cultures art, be it dia de los muerte skulls, lotus flowers, tibetan imagery etc etc.

thats just my opinion.

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Dick Gozinya

TOO BAD THESE FILTHY FUCKS DAMAGE THE IMAGE OF IT ALL WITH THEIR RELIGIOUS CONQUESTS.

who does? The Christian Crusader? The Islamic Zealot? The Televangelist Preachers?

It's a small world, and you're going to find out a lot more about intolerance.

About the tattoo thing...

The story goes...

This girl has a hebrew symbol for something tattoed under her pantyline.

Now this girl had to constantly explain to guys what it meant. Then she'd

have to deal with their inability to prounce 'lhai'. Then she met this guy

at college. The first time he saw the tat, he said "oh.. Lhai..that's nice!"

Next weekend it was off to meet her jewish mother.

I think the girl's engage to him already.

moral of the story?

Cultural tollerance will open you up to many more experiences.

(I dont see colours... I just see pink)

Originally posted by somefagoo

hating on the rest of the world?!...now that's quite some beef ya got there fella..i bet your ignorance shows in your graff as well..

god bless the u.s. and fuck the rest...haha....

if you wanna insult my inteligence lets go.i'll do bang you the fuck out,round after round.

come test me jerkoff.i'll be right here.:cool: :lol:

i had to watch a video on islam calligraphy today in art history.. and i was thinking about this post

anyway, thier shit is based on mathematics and crap, the way they figure out how to design and place their letters.

the words represent their holy book (forgot what its called), so they wanted all that greatness represented in their letters.

all the letters are also based off a dot and a horizontal line or something. and the form grows off those two points. mainly the dot though.

blah blah blah, it goes on, and i hope i was right... i fukin hate art history

Originally posted by *ZEMONEDOE$

if you wanna insult my inteligence lets go.i'll do bang you the fuck out,round after round.

come test me jerkoff.i'll be right here.:cool: :lol:

ya left out the “corny” bit from my quote...so i'll reiterate..haha..CORNY!!

fuck the politics.interesting post.i'm quite familiar with arabic letters, yours don't say anything do they?you did a pretty good job of copying their alphabat and adding your own to it, but i can tell there not traditional arabic calligraphy.nice job though.

Archived