I dropped a 40 pound computer on my foot at work

fermentor666

Yeah, it hurt like a bitch. Tried to walk it off for an hour but it started swelling up pretty bad so I left early and went to the emergency room to make sure it wasn't a fracture. It's just a contusion and they threw a couple of vicodins at me and told me to stay out of work for a couple of days and take it easy. Goddamn this shit hurts, though. Thankfully, it's not broken and also I downloaded two UFC fighting movies today so I can just sit around and watch those.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Haha, man I forgot about that. Guess it's true.

And no, I'm part-time so I don't get paid. But they are going to be getting the bill for the trip to the emergency room. The people at the hospital told me that my work will have to pay for it. X-ray's and everything. I picked up the tab on the 10 dollar script, though.

BTW, that UFC shit is brutal! Ultimate Knockdowns 2.

Yeah that's what I was doing until my foot swelled up a nice big ol' lump and I started walking like Kevin Spacey in the Usual Suspects. I get cardboard cuts and cuts from the plastic around accessories all the time and go home sore all over from lifting shit regularly. This definitly hurt. I forgot to mention, since it happened during work, the hospital is sending the bill to work for them to pay and I guess they have to pay it. The main reason I went to get it checked out is because I have to move and start school and all this shit in the next two weeks and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't walking around on a serious injury like a fracture or sprain. Thank god it's not broken, I shattered my left foot (today was my right foot) in the eigth grade and was in a cast, walking cast, brace, and physical therapy for 6 months. That staple shit looks pretty nasty Qba, what's that from?

Also, I'd like to throw the idea of a women's UFC league into play. I think it'd be entertaining.

ferm, i think 12oz should start a women's UFC league. We could all market it and make huge cash from it.

Also, its weird, im working around crazy sharp knives and shit, yet ive never cut myself with an actual knife...but usually on stuff that ud never think of cutting urself on (ice, paper, cardboard etc)

anyways, i hope ur foot gets better soon

Originally posted by Tough Love@Aug 23 2005, 11:44 PM

stuff that ud never think of cutting urself on (paper)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say papercuts are pretty common.

Sorry to hear holmes, hopefully you're back to normal functionability soon. Milk that vicodin prescription for all its worth and always remember, you'd rather have drugs than girls because while they both may make you feel like shit, drugs don't yell at you.

i was messengering in sf for a while...one day, i had to hook around this crackhead in the tenderloin. i hopped up o the sidewalk, and somehow hooked a no parking sign.... which threw me down the hill, and on one of the many bounces i took i smacked my right big toe and bent it back all at once. i heard a pop...i got up and was mostly fine except for the toe. i went to base and took off my shoe and my toe was black and blue and swelled up to twice its size. i taped it, went back to the t.l. and bought some painkillers and a beer, and went home. funny how a little thing like that can put you in check.

Ohhhh storytime!

I bet my coworker a dollar I could jump from this ledge into a wheelbarrow full of rocks and soil. I made the most immaculate leap you could ever imagine and landed gloriously right in the middle of the barrow, and for half a second I was perfectly steady and victorious.

Then the wheelbarrow shot out from underneath me, throwing my feet up above my head and dropping me square on my spine on the edge of the wheelbarrow.

As I lay on the ground in a state of shock and agony and my coworker laughed at me, my boss showed up from lunch and almost fired me on the spot for being a fucking idiot.

So, the point of the story is, someone in LA needs to hook me up with a job when I go back to school. PUUHLEASE.

Haha, yeah when I shattered my foot it was in similar fashion. I had this friend whose parents had a timeshare up near some ski resort in New Hampshire or somewhere, it was the first and last time I ever skied. They all went skiing on the slopes and left me alone with some ski instructor and I did terrible and hated it. We went back to this place and the first floor in the back was raised a story off the ground. We were on the balcony all hopped up on hot chocolate and boredom and decided it would be a good dare to jump off the balcony into the snow. He jumped off and landed fine, I jumped and didn't bend my knees when I landed, I must have hit a rock too because instantly I felt pain and started screaming. His mom was a homeopathic and a bitch to boot and refused to even give me Tylenol and instead gave me a sugar pill and put some cream on my foot and told me to try to walk it off, the instant it would hit the ground even with no pressure on it stings of pain would shoot through my foot. It became really swollen and they stuck me on the couch downstairs for the night. I couldn't sleep because of the horrible pain and was basically going delirious, every time I would start to nod off I would hear his father start snoring from the second floor, LOUDLY. The next morning they all took off and left me there in front of the TV in agony, but not before the kids little 4 year old brother gave me a huge smack across the foot. Finally they decided it would be ok to call my father and he came racing up from Massachusetts completely furious at them and took me to the hospital. They did x-rays and came to the conclusion that I had at least four or five breaks/fractures in my foot but they couldn't really be sure. Put me in a cast and I was in some form of cast for six months. I still get pains in the foot if I walk for a long time or jump from even small heights.

My injury from yesterday is doing better, still hurts but not as bad. I still think there should be a women's UFC, too.

• 1 month later...