Rave broken up Riot-style

fermentor666

Originally posted by tsuifuku+Aug 25 2005, 01:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tsuifuku - Aug 25 2005, 01:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Organizing a mass movement is necissary.

[/b]

By all means, go ahead and organize... I'm just saying don't expect a whole lot of support until TSHTF. Organized labor has always been important for securing the democratic rights of the common man.

<!--QuoteBegin-Stereotype V.001@Aug 25 2005, 01:12 PM

Villainski, as a member of the US military, you could land yourself on a one way ticket to the cuban luxury resort with that childish "revolution" talk.

Eh... sue me...

Noone gives a shit. WTSHTF everyone is going to be talking about revolution. Our founding fathers talked about revolution and said it was good for us. They even allowed us to keep MILITIAS in case we need another revolution. If the government has any internal threat to fear, it's the militias... they are the most widespread and highly organized internal threat that is OPENLY opposed to the government LEGALLY even.

I used to jam out to RATM with my recruiter... haha.... But right now they are more concerned with islamic terrorists than christian terrorists.

For the time being I just like to talk shit on the internet. I don't need you to tell me what to do. Something called freedom of speech. Not to mention I'm only speaking of hypothetical situations, such as WTSHTF.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I never really expected any of this sort of talk to result from a bunch of ravers getting hosed in Czechoslavakia, but I must admit, I'm pleased. Like our boy Mao said, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Of course, Mao liked fucking little girls too, but I guess I shouldn't quibble.

I think the main reasons "the authorities" dislike raves are that they don't control it, and they can't figure out a way to make money off of it. They don't really give a shit if ravers use drugs, etc., etc. All that is just a good excuse to arrest people and break up the gathering.

My solution: hold smaller, more exclusive raves on private property. Don't advertise them, don't rub the "authorities'" nose in it, and go about it in a legal way, then they will leave y'all alone.

Some people just like to fight the police. "Something for everyone."

Originally posted by KaBar2@Aug 27 2005, 05:45 PM

Well, I never really expected any of this sort of talk to result from a bunch of ravers getting hosed in Czechoslavakia, but I must admit, I'm pleased. Like our boy Mao said, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Of course, Mao liked fucking little girls too, but I guess I shouldn't quibble.

I think the main reasons "the authorities" dislike raves are that they don't control it, and they can't figure out a way to make money off of it. They don't really give a shit if ravers use drugs, etc., etc. All that is just a good excuse to arrest people and break up the gathering.

My solution: hold smaller, more exclusive raves on private property. Don't advertise them, don't rub the "authorities'" nose in it, and go about it in a legal way, then they will leave y'all alone.

Some people just like to fight the police. "Something for everyone."

This thread is about the one in Utah, not the Chech republic. same shit different country. Also from what I know raves are undergound (not advertised out in the open, just through their people).

And it was on private property with permits secured and everything.

Try actually reading the thread instead of just skimming through a few posts.

Originally posted by KaBar2@Aug 27 2005, 05:45 PM

That's a big part of it, but another big part of it is that politicians score votes from adults who are worried about their kids going to this things and getting fucked up. When they send out the troops to end these things, the conservative types are just glad they are being taken care of and don't give a shit about the abuse of rights.

That's what happens, but it's like saying don't have so and so rock band tour and just have a few small private shows. It's music that lots of people want to enjoy and they want to enjoy it surrounded by lots of other people.

I used to enjoy going to big outdoor rock festival concerts, but just about every single one that I attended turned into a huge hassle with the police. Finally, I just said "Fuck it, I'm tired of getting tear-gassed because a couple of hundred idiots at every festival get fucked up, act like idiots, cause a big hassle with the cops, and bring down the heat on everybody else. I definately do not need it." So I stopped attending outdoor rock concerts. Then I got tired of going to indoor concerts because of the same problem---people who refused to sit in the seats for which they paid, and who milled down to the front to act like shit-faced assholes and ruin it for everybody else. Finally, I just asked myself "What was it about this sort of rock and roll that attracted me in the first place?" Whatever it was, the thrill was gone.

Good luck on the raves. My prediction is that the same sort of fucked-up assholes that caused shit at rock concerts are causing a problem at raves. They won't behave, and the cops are not going to let it slide. So count on seeing the Utah National Guard at raves, I guess. I no longer go to shit like that, I hate being in crowds of people who act stupid. I don't like live sports events either---same problem, idiots who cannot behave.

I agree with you Kabar about not being in Crowds of Idiots, e.g. Sports events,concerts, etc. It's probably my age creeping up on me , Or my "extreme religious untolerance"

as some people on here accuse me of, But mostly I think It is my restraint to participate in events surrounded by drunk and high Idiots, I guess I wouldn't want any of their stupidity to rub off on me. I've spent years trying to shake off my own, You Know?

Originally posted by villain@Aug 25 2005, 04:24 PM

Eh... sue me...

Noone gives a shit. WTSHTF everyone is going to be talking about revolution. Our founding fathers talked about revolution and said it was good for us. They even allowed us to keep MILITIAS in case we need another revolution. If the government has any internal threat to fear, it's the militias... they are the most widespread and highly organized internal threat that is OPENLY opposed to the government LEGALLY even.

I used to jam out to RATM with my recruiter... haha.... But right now they are more concerned with islamic terrorists than christian terrorists.

For the time being I just like to talk shit on the internet. I don't need you to tell me what to do. Something called freedom of speech. Not to mention I'm only speaking of hypothetical situations, such as WTSHTF.

Your 'down with the gov.' and 'once my unspecified apocalyptic event happens, everyone will see things my way' (nice acronym BTW) idea reminds me of another army man we all know. He also wanted to take down the government, and figured once the "revolution" started he'd be viewed as a hero. He went about starting his revolution by packing a U-haul truck with a crude yet massive explosive device and parked it at a federal building under a daycare. I think you know where I'm going with this... So no, I'm not telling you what to do at all. I'm simply stating that unless you enjoy the tropical environment and impromptu visits from spooks daily, bringing gifts of electricity and other creative contraptions, it's probably not a great idea to tell everyone about the "revolution." Just my opinion.

"Or my "extreme religious untolerance"

as some people on here accuse me of"

***MOST

Originally posted by KaBar2@Aug 28 2005, 04:25 PM

I used to enjoy going to big outdoor rock festival concerts, but just about every single one that I attended turned into a huge hassle with the police.  Finally, I just said "Fuck it, I'm tired of getting tear-gassed because a couple of hundred idiots at every festival get fucked up, act like idiots, cause a big hassle with the cops, and bring down the heat on everybody else.  I definately do not need it."  So I stopped attending outdoor rock concerts.  Then I got tired of going to indoor concerts because of the same problem---people who refused to sit in the seats for which they paid, and who milled down to the front to act like shit-faced assholes and ruin it for everybody else.  Finally, I just asked myself "What was it about this sort of rock and roll that attracted me in the first place?"  Whatever it was, the thrill was gone.

Good luck on the raves.  My prediction is that the same sort of fucked-up assholes that caused shit at rock concerts are causing a problem at raves.  They won't behave, and the cops are not going to let it slide.  So count on seeing the Utah National Guard at raves, I guess.  I no longer go to shit like that, I hate being in crowds of people who act stupid. I don't like live sports events either---same problem, idiots who cannot behave.

You've probably never been to a rave, but they're much more docile than the kind of rock shows you're talking about. Most ravers just get fucked up on pills, listen to trance-like music and dance around gawking at all the glowing lights. They aren't really "rowdy".

Raves are very calm situations compared to something like an alcohol fueled Skynnard show. Just a lot of dancing and kids wandering around on E. The reasons they want raves broken up are:

1) Perpetuate the war on drugs. It might have failed, but if some major busts can be made occasionally to convince the public that it is doing a good job, the DEA and related areas will continue to get their money. Raves are a good place to bust for illegal drugs, because, well... honestly every rave or techno related music event I went to had drugs flowing from every corner of the building. It didn't matter what you wanted or how much you wanted, somebody there had it. That and the generally docile nature of the kids that attend these events make them perfect targets for busts like this. Minimize resistance, confiscate a bunch of shit, bust a few big time people, easy night for the pigs.

2) As I said above, dancing and kids wandering around on E. Raves don't card, and I've seen kids as young as 15 running around at these things completely torn out of their skulls on god knows what. This is the part I didn't like, and why I eventually quit going. Sure, drugs are illegal for everyone, and sure, I'm not their parents. Common drugs such as MDMA and LSD are safe for adults to use, but at the age where your brain is still developing, especially heavy MDMA use can cause serious problems.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Aug 28 2005, 12:25 PM

Your 'down with the gov.' and 'once my unspecified apocalyptic event happens, everyone will see things my way' (nice acronym BTW) idea reminds me of another army man we all know. He also wanted to take down the government, and figured once the "revolution" started he'd be viewed as a hero. He went about starting his revolution by packing a U-haul truck with a crude yet massive explosive device and parked it at a federal building under a daycare. I think you know where I'm going with this... So no, I'm not telling you what to do at all. I'm simply stating that unless you enjoy the tropical environment and impromptu visits from spooks daily, bringing gifts of electricity and other creative contraptions, it's probably not a great idea to tell everyone about the "revolution." Just my opinion.

"Or my "extreme religious untolerance"

as some people on here accuse me of"

***MOST

Hey I never said anything about starting a violent revolution. In fact I have advised against it if you actually read what I said. I'm just saying that in case of a collapse of the system, I will be ready for any contingency, which anyone in their right mind would want to do.

I don't particularly like being compared with McVeigh either.

I might have the body and mind of a soldier, but I have the heart of a hippie.

So stay off the nuts please.

Villain- My mistake. But shooting people for a living doesn't really strike me as the profession of a hippy, unless of course you are a pogue. In either case, if you disagree with the war in Iraq like you have posted previously, and dislike the government enough to wish it to be overthrown (by any means, not necessarily violent) maybe being a member of the military isn't the best career choice?

SF- Scroll up the page for my response to any of your posts. Don't attempt to jump into conversations where you have little to no idea of what is going on. I felt bad putting you in your place before considering you actually are a grown man and not a little kid, learn from your mistakes/ineptitude(might need the dictionary for that one) and move on.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Aug 29 2005, 03:52 AM

SF- Scroll up the page for my response to any of your posts. Don't attempt to jump into conversations where you have little to no idea of what is going on. I felt bad putting you in your place before

LOL kid! :haha: Maybe YOU need to scroll back up and re-read shit. Every time you spew your nonsense I put YOU in your place. And you're so pathetic that you just repeat the same nonsense over and over. :haha: You're like a brick wall, or just dumb as a brick. :clown2:

Dear SF, regarding your post-

"It's sort of sad that you had to edit your post to add an emoticon, like you couldn't get your point across without it."

and also

"Also, I realize most of the words in my post are foreign to you. So before you respond with your classic "dood u are a pigzeR!!! " or the always popular "kid u r a morron nd i ghate u mad!! ", grab a dictionary and try to figure out what I actually said. Thanks, and have a fantastic day. "

Judging by the fact that your posts have gone from 'angry child plagued by downsyndrome takes out anger on keyboard using a hammer' to 'angry child plagued by downsyndrome takes out anger on keyboard with a hammer utilizing proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling' it seems that you have discovered the magic of spell check. So why not just go that extra step, and actually grab a dictionary? I mean I enjoy the "I know you are but what am I?" posts you use so frequently as much as you do. But for a change of pace, let's try some reading comprehension?

And yes, you certainly did put me in my place with your "loser" rebuttal, that originally had an extra "o" that you had to edit out. Truly someone of a superior intellect.

(PS- Please don't steal my total putdown internet phrases like "brick wall" again. I'm sure a strapping and motivated young lad like yourself can find some of your own.)

I repeat...

Originally posted by SF1@Aug 18 2005, 08:57 PM

Stereotype your entire "point" is pathetic. Show me where I type like a 12 year old girl. If you're gonna accuse me of typing like a 12 year old nut then do yourself a favor and quote it for everyone to see. :rolleyes: Also every one of your weak attempts at clownin me is full of contradictions.

Did you ride the short yellow bus to school? :rolleyes:

And I'm sure you have seen alot of them in your day.

BTW, I think you might have meant "tard", unless you were referring to a delicious pastry best served slightly toasted that is a great part of any balanced breakfast.

EDIT- Needed more emoticons to get my point across.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :haha: :hatred: :clown2: :chicken: :burn: :yuck: :yuck: :shook:

• 2 weeks later...