Guest beardo

im listening to cindi lauper right now

Guest beardo

on purpose

and pretty much liking it

girls just wanna have fun

haha

goddamn im burnt as fuck today

Ok I will admit that I danced to all manner of strange, pop, 80s, music last night hanging with that broke dick sergeant again. (I could have seen dieselboy)....

But I must admit I actually had fun.

I heard madonnas "like a prayer" and it brought a tear to my eye. What is wrong with me? lol

Cyndi Lauper rules...

I saw a video of hers last week on VH1 Classics....the one with the old wrestler as her father....I thinks think he's the guy with all the rubber bands...I forget the song right now, but its one of her hits

...I also love hearing old Madonna songs on the radio

cyndi lauper...

"goonies are good enough" the main theme from Goonies..

very slept on.

trust me ..holler at it and itll treat you well.

Al is right, that track is classic.

I was at a recording studio the other day, and saw the office of the dude who produced "She's so Unusual". He had a copy of the gold record on his wall, and Cyndi Lauper signed it, "Thanks... you couldn't have done it without me." I also saw the gold record for "The Biz Never Sleeps". It was a good day for a record geek.

cyndi lauper...

"goonies are good enough" the main theme from Goonies..

very slept on.

trust me ..holler at it and itll treat you well.

udd slept on

I'm not one to have crushes on celebrities, but she was an exception....she's fallen off somewhat, but she used to be super hot. She's a good musician and songwriter, too.

I don't think I have any of her stuff besides the first album.

About 30% of my music is all from the 80's. If anyone wants to do some trading, let me know...I'm looking for early Al Jourgensen stuff, Peter Murphy...also, any old industrial like Throbbing Gristle/Psychic TV, Front 242, Einsturzende Neubaten, Laibach- think dark and danceable, not too into the straight goth stuff as I already have a lot of goth on tape to convert still. (Yes, I like goth...no, I'm not.)

My friend's brother is the guitar player from Christian Death, and he gave me some amazing stuff over the years. Also, I still talk to some people I know from the SF industrial scene...

Back to Cyndi Lauper...indeed a talented artist.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now