Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest beardo

i need an mp3 player for my new PC

Guest beardo

so, i got a new computer. regretfully, its a PC. at the same time, i acquired a ridiculous amount of mp3s. i need a player that will read all incarnations of mp3 files. i tried itunes and winamp, but neither imports ALL the albums, assuming its because they were created through different ripping programs, some on itunes, winamp, grip (linux) etc etc.

theres gotta be some sort of player out there that doesnt discriminate...

right?

holler

the hell? I've never ever had a problem using Winamp Pro.

Plays any kind of audio file I've ever thrown at it.

Guest beardo

talk to me about plug ins.. i just got winamp pro and its doing the same shit. from what i can tell, it doesnt want to read anything that was imported using GRIP the linux ripping thing.

Try the NIMO codec pack. That's a pretty good one. It plays most anything. You may find a few odd files it won't play but that's pretty rare.... and there are other codec packs out there that can remedy that but I can't think of it off the top of my head. Also check out the core media player.

Guest beardo

dont ever front on THE PHISH.

i think we determined the problem is that a lot of the tracks are title only, not artist/title/album. but that could be totally wrong, since a lot are still read. i dont know whats up and its starting to get annoying.

so thats gay. any quick fixes for that? a little app that can rename shit?

I think you would have to use an invasive program that is going to download the information from the net and god knows what else, license requirements... spyware.... whatever.... like windows media player.

But then again if this is a bunch of live phish shows, you are most likely going to have to do it all by hand.

That's Jah's way of punishing you for listening to shitty music.

haha..I knew this chick in college who was a white "rasta" and she listened to phish constantly..

haha..not saying phish is bad or anything..

edit: Ok, they suck..

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this