rip riot

Guest The Boss

Guest The Boss

yesterday one of my best friends passed away. he was one of the most insperational people i have ever met and will forever be a part of me. i hope everyone can pay him respect and if they have photos of his post them here. i am making a collection of them and would like to have as many as i can get. thank you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Boss

he always refused to take photos of his own work. i want to collect as much of his work as i can. he was a big fan of coal cars. he also made a zine called The Fifth Goal. if anyone has coppies of them all i would like to get ahold of them so i can distribute them. he has the only published interview and photos of herby in existance in one of them. he also has an interview with colosus of roads with photos which was the first one ever and was later used in elemental. they were close friends. the latest one had a ghoul interview. i will try and get the ones i have coppied and let anyone whos interested know how they can get one if they want one. i really cant think straight right now to put my thoughts togother so i will post more photos and things later. thank you.

hey boss sorry about your homie....i've lost many (tie, sham, phrie, geb rip) as well and i feel you. i wanted to know if it's the same riot from milwaukee who also wrote rukus- i worked w/that dude as a messenger in sf in 2001. if so then dammmmmmmmnnnn...that's harsh. fuck it, it's harsh no matter what. keep your head up mang. get back to me though.

sorry to hear about your friends passing, i remember going to this lay-up of autoracks in my town and just about all of them had riot throw-ups on them, he must have just

hit the line wherever it came from, i have some pics too, once i scan them i can post them up.

hey boss. wtf Riot jeez. he sent me a message a couple weeks ago. Riot always showed me tons of respect and love.

he definitly put in more work than 95% of the writers comin outta the beehive state. he was the king of provo and the utah gondolas. King Riot was very experienced for his age and has made a major impact on those around him. :innocent:

much

Love and respect>>

Riot, you wont be forgotten

:king:

:(

fuck.. this seriously puts a damper on my day. Im sorry to hear you lost a good friend...this is really random timing for me, because over the last week i have been meaning to contact him. I really regret putting that off now.

Riot and i used to trade alot of tapes/videos... ive traded with ALOT of kids, and ive never met anyone as generous as riot. He seriously hooked me up with more free tshirts/cd's/videos than i could have ever imagined. He really got me into his city's scene, and to this day i still listen to the stuff he gave me. He sent me his group's cd as well, and he was a seriously talented muscian on top of being a sick writer.

The boss... email me, i have 3-4 copies of his mag's that he sent me and i'll be more than willing to donate them for a good cause.

dubhore4@hotmail.com

rest in peace riot.

Guest The Boss

if anyone is interested in hearing his band they are called Parallax. its hardcore and he sings. they are from provo/salt lake city. heres a link to a review on one of their cds: http://www.aversionline.com/reviews/1684/ colosus of roads did the cover as well as the cover for their latest full length. heres the home page for their band but it wont work for me so maybe it is not workign right now: http://www.goldenspikemusic.com. you can also check out some of their music on myspace and some info about them. send support and love. they need it. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...=20050818195805