Railfan Site w/ Freight Train Timetables??

Oi Vei

Just curious if anyone knew of either a railfan or a freight company website that features fairly accurate and up-to-date timetables for specifically East Coast and Midwest freight companies and freight lines. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not many railroads are on a specific "schedule" everyday. Ns tries to be, but to be on "schedule" trains have to leave within a two hour window, either way, from their desired point. I work right off a line, and tracked trains for about a month, never the same times. The yards around here finish work, when they are done, no set time, its not that easy.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by onesecondple@Nov 11 2005, 10:51 AM

Not many railroads are on a specific "schedule" everyday. Ns tries to be, but to be on "schedule" trains have to leave within a two hour window, either way, from their desired point. I work right off a line, and tracked trains for about a month, never the same times. The yards around here finish work, when they are done, no set time, its not that easy.

YEA, I HAVE UP-TO-DATE "TIMETABLES" FOR 2 LOCAL YARDS IN MY HOOD, AND THE TIME THAT STUFF ACTUALLY RIDES OUT/IN ARE NEVER THE SAME TIMES. I TRY TO SEE HOW MUCH THEY USUALLY DIFFER FROM THE TABLES, BUT IT'S ALWAYS DIFFERENT WEEK TO WEEK SO THEY HONESTLY DON'T REALLY HELP LOL.

JUST GOTTA KNOW WHICH DAYS DURING THE WEEK THAT SHIT RIDES THE MOST, THEN JUST WAIT IT OUT....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by DrakeFive@Dec 22 2005, 07:31 PM

Most big yards have at least one tall, tower like structure. Just walk up to the tall building, someone will come out to help you shortly.

haha. just be sure you tell them youre waiting to hop a train. theyll cook you a 2 inch steak while you wait.

• 3 months later...

dont know that there is any such thing as an 'accurate' timetable for freights. just go to the tracks and wait. thats your best bet. and make sure you are at least 10 feet outside the track grade. inside 10 feet is rr property and considered tresspassing - a serious charge these days - trust me on that one.