GRAFFITI VANDAL HUNTED IN THREAT VS. QUEENS POL

misteraven

Here are the Cliff's notes... there was no story, Time just paid Cope and some other writers a grip to paint a billboard for them on the side of a building, which the city apparently had no problem with. Then Marc Ecko wanted to have Cope and some other writers paint some fake subway cars, and the city wasn't having it 'cuz they said it promotes vandalism. Now Ron Kuby is involved, and it's going to turn into a big story.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Aug 18 2005, 06:28 PM

If Mark Ecko were smart he'd site the KKK and hate group rallies like those in this thread have mentioned.

Not only that but the 26million different grand theft auto titles haven't generated a fraction of this hullabaloo combined.

As was mentioned, this is probably about political face and propaganda, maybe somewhat about money, maybe... You'd think a party would bring alot of money to the area and local businesses... Certainly alot more than the cost of painting over a few tags. Could this all be one big giant publicity stunt? Maybe... Ecko gets his publicity and Guliani gets his publicity, everyone is a winner except for the poor writers who got scooped by the hook over this jam. Hopefully Eckos got their back.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden@Aug 18 2005, 01:58 PM

. They are being shut down purely because someone in charge doesnt like what they have to say...despite that its totally legal. They are legal wooden fake trains. It's absolutely no different than you being at 5pointz, or any legal spot, and having a city official say "I dont like that. Stop.".....And your obvious reply is "uh.......I have permission? Here's my permit/papers...." to which you get a "Nah. I dont care. I dont like it. Stop.". How fucking wrong is that?

This really really REALLY is not about us being criminals though. Graffiti should stay illegal, legal walls are NOT graffiti. They are MURALS...and the officials have absolutely NO right whatsoever to do this.

i just read all two pages and yinz made great points...

but this is the bottom line on the whole issue..

give tyler a cookie for this.

Guest -40 trooper

the cops are mad at cope for gettin some paper off of graff is pretty much what it boils down to...i think it's gonna happen more as writers are gettin paid for doin projects they landed becose of their reps (bombing) rather than bein able to paint cute canvas or suckin the right art fag's dick, bombers will be persecuted..soon they'll be seize writers paychecks becose it was aquired through a criminal act......as willie D would say "fuck em all"