The Comic Art Thread

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been slowly catching up on DD. I have the first six trades, and am gonna get the next couple when I get paid next. I don't normally like Bendis' sloooooow moving dialogue ("Hey", "Hi", "So, uhhh...", "Yes?" etc, etc), but I'm loving this.

Bendis and Maleev will be done soon, and Brubaker and Lark will be replacing them. That is a great choice by Quesada and Marvel!!

73475612228.1.HB.GIF

^^ I also need to get this.

sorta like the Kirby pinup a few posts ago, but Byrne:

jbpinup.jpg

01699661920.438.GIF

96913563818.14.GIF

Perez, I think

Now, THIS is awesome:

73328823244.2.GIF

24038627564.745.GIF

24038627564.626.GIF

52604536424.12.GIF

51598259310.89.GIF

phoenix3.jpg

^ Wovie's tits here remind me of that godawful Liefeld drawing of Captain America that is famous for those big tits.

****QUESTION:

What do you guys think of swiping? They say that Greg Land and Rob Liefeld "swipe" enough. Land with photos, and Liefeld with other artist's comic work.... if that is the case (people far more knowledgable than me seem to think so), do you think that one is more justified than the other??

Tom Palmer, Buscema's longtime inker:

1571_4_255.jpg

the aforementioned Alex Maleev:

Daredevil_2033.jpg

Daredevil_2038.jpg

Daredevil_2043.jpg

spidey02.jpg

His Decalogue covers for DD (the 'Thou Shalt Not' covers from the current arc) are superb!

oh yeah, FunTimePartyTeam...I wouldn't doubt that Bendis is involved in the movie industry. I know he started as an indie writer (Goldfish), but I could see him writing screenplays.

That's what they're all doing these days. Look at J Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5) and his huge run on Amazing Spider-Man, or Joss Whedon's (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) highly acclaimed Astonishing X-Men books, Kevin Smith (Clerks) with his ridiculously late assignments, Frank Miller...and there are more, I believe. Maybe Geoff Johns? Comic writers are getting mad respect these days...at least the job title is.

I saw a trailer before 40 Year Old Virgin for a movie called Serenity, and they really highlighted the fact that Joss Whedon wrote the screenplay. Wait, I think I mentioned that somewhere on here already. Anyway, I know he's well known for Buffy, but man, people buy stuff by Bendis or Whedon just because their name is on the title.

the reason that guy Whedon's name is highly associated with that dumb looking movie "serenity" is because it is actually the reincarnation of some show he did on Fox that got cancelled after like 10 episodes... anyways the fans were so into it they petitioned the studio and him for like 5 yrs until they revamped it and made it into a movie..

if you pick up the new wired theres an article on it.. thats the only reason i know.

oh yeah, I was a big fan of Valiant back in the day. I collected most of their titles, but Bloodshot and Ninjak were probably the best ones.

I have a hook up over the net to get all copies of Ninjak (I lost all Valiant comics I ever owned), but I'd probably get it cheaper if I just searched the backbins of my city.

valiant was the shit.. and although when i was younger i liked RAI, Bloodshot and Ninjak.. they now seem not as cool as...xo manowar, harbinger, solar man of atom, magnus robot fighter, and of course the often overlooked by highly entertaining.. archer and armstrong..

i mean come one.. Barry Windsor Smith, Bart Sears, Quesada..

shit was hot fiyah.. on some watercolor each page shit.