The Comic Art Thread

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, haha, and I was thinking - post that part where DD visits Dr. Strange. I love how Quesada goes overboard with that shit. And how he always manages to put little things like starry or flowery borders and what not without making it look stupid. These are amazing! I'll flip through it soon and tell you what page to put up.

computer colored or computer drawn work is an aesthetic.. and the quality and style vary significantly.. i think some of it can be horrid but some also you have to just either accept the overall craftsmanship and ability to convey mood and feeling correctly.. i think some comic books are starting to spend too much time on the finished product and not enough on the original artwork. but there are those who are exceptional and those who arent.. ive always been a fan or sketches and pencil drawings before the inking or coloring process.

Oh man, that reminds me - I gotta look for a Cult trade. That was a really good story.

That's a great F4 cover. Jae Lee is the man. And I do agree about the colouring for the Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man cover. It gives it that plastic look...but Mike Weiringo's sketches are really nice. There is a bunch on his blog.

http://www.mikewieringo.com/html/Gallery.htm

2243-006.jpg

Wondercity_Lambey_WEB2.jpg

^ That's just beautiful. What is it?

*btw, FunTime, how did you manage to get that CD? I was thinking, it would be a great way to practice inking (for someone who does that stuff - not me) - especially when you have multiple issues.

Is there CDs for other artists, as well?

Well, it came with this book.

dd_vis_kevsmith1.jpg

Its a hardcover, and it costs way too much money because of the CD. I got the book in trade back in the day for a *******. I wouldnt spend 80 bucks on it, which if I remember correctly is the price. But it is pretty sweet. I dont know weather there are more like kinds, but if theyre are I'm interested.

Edit for paranoia/safty.

weaponX- Thats this comic book colabo. There are many artists that issue out a few stories of theirs like copper in one book every couple of months. Here just check this site>

boltcity.com They really are doing some great shit with ps. Theres also this site where many of them post their recent work which I also post on. > http://www.flightcomics.com/forum/

Oh those DD additions... ^ = goodness!

This is some new book that Mark Millar is coming out with called 1985. These are photographs, but I think they're gonna be used as frames, instead of drawings.

1985_2.jpg

1985_3.jpg

Granted, it's only two frames, but I don't like it. It looks real cheesy. I think 1985 was a good year for the Marvel Universe, though.

That is a nice property in that pic, though.