The Comic Art Thread

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some character designs by Jae Lee for the new game, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects. I hear the game is shitty, but these drawings certainly aren't!

Spider-Man

lee_Spiderman.jpg

Johnny Ohm

lee_JohnnyOhm.jpg

Ironman

lee_Ironman.jpg

Magneto

magneto_mid.jpg

Solara

imperfects2.jpg

Hazmat

imperfects1.jpg

Faultzone

marvel-nemesis-rise-of-the-imperfects-20050830020130404.jpg

The Wink

marvel-nemesis-rise-of-the-imperfects-20050908044613616.jpg

and there are more, but I don't know where.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Al Green@Oct 22 2005, 01:52 PM

is that quasar cover an old greg capullo drawing?

i remember his stuff used to be so much more techie industrial design style drawing before he got in the mcfarlane camp ouerve.

I believe that is him on the Quasar cover.

I think that Capullo's old stuff (like X-Force) is a lot better than when he went all McFarlane on us. But I gotta say, the level of detail he put into his Spawn work was awesome.

Last I heard, he wasn't working...here's hoping that he gets put onto Hulk or something else Marvel.

Oh yeah, FunTime, I've had other people tell me to check out X-Statix lately.

And I recently read Milligan at the back of an Amazing Spider-Man trade. It was about Rhino going through surgery to become a genius. It was pretty well written, and I wanna check out more of his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that as i grew up, and found myself being broke at times, xstatix was one of the few comics i continued to buy. I cut down on my xmen consumption, and my daredevil, (even though i love it), but x-statix i had to keep reading. Some issues twards the end got to be a bit much but it was a good run overall, especially if you like ironic humor. I know they released a graphic novel of the whole series, and if you decide to read it you should start with the x-force issues (which also have a seprate graphic novel), so you have a point of reference. yea...