I just bought this Mack pinstriping brush

Dawood

What? you want tight lines? I copped this mack pinstriping brush and some pints of one shot. Thats whats up for canvases and whatever you want to paint small with tight lines. I been painting for almost 20 years and That Mack brush is the TRUTH!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have a friend who swears by that One Shot stuff. Says the black is by far the best stuff he's used, ever. Now these brushes... the brand is called The Mack? And where does one find such instruments? I know I can't just walk into an art store for pin striping tools...

damn...my secret's out. i just found my last can of black one shot this a.m. i'm trying to decide if i should use it or not. also, ronan color and hascolac- in some ways, i like hascolac better- it's a fluid lacquer from holland. compared to one-shot, it's expensive, but it thins out more than one-shot, and it stays opaque. ronan color is nice too- it's about the same as one-shot in quality and price but they have a different pallette. hey, wood, i want to see what you are up to w/this- i've seen some writers come off really well with sign paint. good tip, though.

Yeah, It was krylon sun yellow, popsicle orange and banner red with a hint of automotive burgandy spraypaint . I macked the red lines though. I'm working on some panels too...checkit.

reptilearrow3.jpg

I know this is a bad picture, but I did'nt feel like taking another one. And plus the lighting is real bad inside my treehouse.

I have a few Mack brushes and use 1shot, I haven't been pinstriping in a while but I learned taking a course from one of the forefathers (Yosemite Sam Radoff) They aren't lying 1 shot is amazing, the colours stay fast, pigmentation is great, nice gloss finish, sticks to almost anything and stands up to weather like none-other. If you want to see some nice stuff find the book "pinstriping masters". I'll post some flicks of a few things i have flamed and the Jacket Yosemite did up for me.

I does take a long time to master, and there is a steep learning curve but if you have concentration and are willing to sweat it out for a few months it can be picked up. I'm planning on doing that this winter when I can't paint. Once you get the thinner ratios down (only add a tiny bit to get the right flow) then you are set.

http://www.1shot.com/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...598405?v=glance

There is supposed to be a second one of these out but I am not sure if it ever made it to print or not.

my teachers website

http://www.yosemitesams.com/

The man has been painting since the early 50's.......

it's about time someone got around to this topic...that car is bad ass. is it a chevelle? oh, thanks for the website- i never would have guessed 1-shot would have one. btw, wood, did you get a signpainting job? if so, you're my hero...my friend apprenticed for years and never got put on. otherwise, ha ha.

jacket.jpg

A brush for ya

P1040357.jpg

Those of you who do get these brushes make sure you oil it after every use, you can use a fair number I'm not sure what I have, you just have to make sure it wont break down the bristles that are usually squirrel I think. The oil prevents the paint from drying out the brush and keeps it soft, just means you have to clean it before and after use but at $15-20CDN a piece its worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

there's a lot of options career wise from graf,

graphic design, I used to mess with Tats, but I didn't like the tattoo artists life. Of course theres signs and pinstriping like we said, car customizing, whatever, I'm sure there's lots more.... you Just need to be a go getter and go get it...

• 5 years later...