Jean Charles De Menezes - The Truth

SPORTO

ITV News has obtained secret documents and photographs that detail why police shot Jean Charles De Menezes dead on the tube.

The Brazilian electrician was killed on 22 July, the day after the series of failed bombings on the tube and bus network.

The crucial mistake that ultimately led to his death was made at 9.30am when Jean Charles left his flat in Scotia Road, South London.

Surveillance officers wrongly believed he could have been Hussain Osman, one of the prime suspects, or another terrorist suspect.

By 10am that morning, elite firearms officers were provided with what they describe as "positive identification" and shot De Menezes eight times in the head and upper body.

The documents and photographs confirm that Jean Charles was not carrying any bags, and was wearing a denim jacket, not a bulky winter coat, as had previously been claimed.

He was behaving normally, and did not vault the barriers, even stopping to pick up a free newspaper.

He started running when we saw a tube at the platform. Police had agreed they would shoot a suspect if he ran.

A document describes CCTV footage, which shows Mr de Menezes entered Stockwell station at a "normal walking pace" and descended slowly on an escalator.

The document said: "At some point near the bottom he is seen to run across the concourse and enter the carriage before sitting in an available seat.

"Almost simultaneously armed officers were provided with positive identification."

A member of the surveillance team is quoted in the report. He said: "I heard shouting which included the word `police' and turned to face the male in the denim jacket.

"He immediately stood up and advanced towards me and the CO19 officers. I grabbed the male in the denim jacket by wrapping both my arms around his torso, pinning his arms to his side.

"I then pushed him back on to the seat where he had been previously sitting. I then heard a gun shot very close to my left ear and was dragged away onto the floor of the carriage."

The report also said a post mortem examination showed Mr de Menezes was shot seven times in the head and once in the shoulder, but three other bullets missed, with the casings left lying in the tube carriage.

http://edge.channel4.com/news/2005/08/week_3/16_brazil.wmv

http://edge.channel4.com/news/2005/08/week_3/16_brazil2.wmv

story1671546.115x86.jpg.cf06e9511586fe9081c85981cfcf4ad3.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

No, people aren't scared off by Osama Bin Dawood, the one and only John Walker of 12oz. It just seems that arguing with a group of moronic individuals who seem incapable of spelling their own names correctly, nevermind read a post and respond with anything other than "U R A COP D00D!!!!! oR U aR3 KaBarZ oN a N3w ScREEn NamEEZ!! POLIZ3 STATE IZ EVERYW3RE!!! I HATE AMERIKKA BUT IC4NT LEEVE BCUZ IN THE BACK OF MY MIND I REALIZE IT IS BETTER THAN THE MAJORITY OF OTHER COUNTRIESZZ~!!!"

Anyways, on to the topic at hand, I stand by everything I posted previously on the subject. The guy wasn't wearing a bulky winter jacket, but he was still wearing clothing that did NOT fit the current climate. He walked out of an apartment under surveillance, fit the appearance (at first glance) of someone of a middle eastern descent, and ran. The police covered the suspect to stop shrapnel from killing others on the bus, and eliminated the threat before he had a chance to detonate himself. It was a tragedy by all means.

As I also said last time, if he had blown himself up you same ignorant motherfuckers would be writing about how the police planned it, and why didn't they shoot the man when they had the chance, blah blah blah.

Wait.....was that just....common sense??? OH GOD NO!!!! what I meant to say was.... Y0 H0MieZ dEy sTr8 merK3d Dis n!gGA1!! 4REalzxZZ p)liCC3E sTTate!@!!@ yO sF1 r U sTiLL gOinG 2 dA pr0m wiT JeanIene?!!?! dAt Bitchzz iz HO00T!!!! Ne wAyz, mY mOmz n3edz Da computAErz!!! DA TRUTH IS OUT DERE!!! PEACE!!! 1111!!! BIG UPZ NIGGA!!!

stereo type your attempts to make fun of peoples slang or lack of spelling is dumb and pretty much shows that you know every internet short spelling...LOL....anyhow dude didnt run till he was going for the train..guess you dont ride mass transit cause my poor ass is running on the daily...and your arguement of clothing attire is pathetic.....guess all hiphopes should die with thier bubble coats...latere blood..

Originally posted by smooth talker@Aug 17 2005, 07:35 PM

stereo type your attempts to make fun of peoples slang or lack of spelling is dumb and pretty much shows that you know every internet short spelling...LOL....anyhow dude didnt run till he was going for the train..guess you dont ride mass transit cause my poor ass is running on the daily...and your arguement of clothing attire is pathetic.....guess all hiphopes should die with thier bubble coats...latere blood..

Thanks bud. Actually, my point wasn't about the terrible spelling or grammar, although that is annoying. I was actually referring to all of the arguments are never backed up and weak, and usually consist of the same catchphrases over and over. Your post, for instance, takes everything I posted out of context and you then use it to instill your own meaning that you can more easily criticize.

-See above about your spelling comment.

-I didn't argue about why he was running, I simply stated he ran.

-Thank you for explaining why my attire argument is pathetic. I said that usually people do not wear jackets during hot and humid periods of time, and it is often a major indicator that someone with explosives strapped to their chest. You see, the bulky clothing hides it. Yes, quite pathetic, I concur old chap!

It's like arguing with a brick wall...

"The Brazilian calmly entered the Stockwell subway station, paused to pick up a free newspaper and used his travel card to pass through the barriers, according to the ITV report citing documents apparently based on closed-circuit TV footage.

After descending the escalator and running to catch his train, Menezes took a seat"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050818/ap_on_...GZhBHNlYwM3MjE-

Stereotype you're entire "point" is pathetic. Show me where I type like a 12 year old girl. If you're gonna accuse me of typing like a 12 year old nut then do yourself a favor and quote it for everyone to see. :rolleyes: Also every one of your weak attempts at clownin me is full of contradictions.

Are you really an idiot? dude was wearing a little ass denim jacket not some bulky ass winter gear. It wasn't "hot and humid" it was 75 fucking degrees. 75 Fucking degrees on a summer day is jacket weather you morron. The fact of the matter is that the pigs fucked up and thought he was someone else and decided they were gonna merk him if he got on a train. That's what happened. They lied and said he ran from them, they lied about this "bulky winter coat" they lied about practically everything in a weak attempt to cover their asses and dipshits like you are so stupidly blind (or just plain stupid) that you can't see the truth when there's a fucking PICTURE OF IT at the top of this very thread. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Aug 18 2005, 01:23 AM

I was actually referring to all of the arguments are never backed up and weak, and usually consist of the same catchphrases over and over.

It's like arguing with a brick wall...

This is what I'm talking about when I say your weak attemps at clowning heads is full of contradiction. You always get shut down with facts yet you still repeat the same "catchphrase" nonscense.

When you say shit like "fUkin Polize stAte dUUUDe" YOU'RE the one using it as a "catchphrase". No matter how many times someone proves you're rambleings stupid, you just repeat the same nonsense over and over. :dunce:

You're the brick wall.

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Aug 18 2005, 01:23 AM

I said that usually people do not wear jackets during hot and humid periods of time, and it is often a major indicator that someone with explosives strapped to their chest. You see, the bulky clothing hides it.

Now you sound like a paranoid schizophrenic. :haha:

Stereotype V.001

"He walked out of an apartment under surveillance"

If you had cared to watch the news reports,

you would have discovered that the agent/officer

who's assignment it was, was to confirm that

the person who left the apartment was the correct target,

was in fact reliving himself when

Jean Charles De Menezes left the apartment.

He did not video the target as required, and could not

make a positive ID, which is needed before the use of lethal

force is used.

This single error, and the breakdown in communication between

other agents/officers thereafter could be seen as the

reason Jean Charles was murdered.

"and it is often a major indicator that someone with explosives strapped to their chest"

How are you privy to such information? Or is this just an asumtion?

No disrespect to Jean Charles De Menezes or his family,

but the real fucking sickness now,

is the cover up by police.

A police cheif stated the contrived facts

about, clothing, running etc..

at a press conference after the incident.

Originally posted by SF1@Aug 16 2005, 09:49 PM

What the fuck does smart-ass kabar or Kracatau or Cacashrefund have to say now???

I forgot which thread it was either the crossfire or chnnel zero one, but i actually agreed that the guy WAS murdered. Please pay attention next tiem instead of assuming, just because im a cop doesnt mean ill agree with what my brothers do. :five-o: :five-o: :five-o: :five-o:

I meant that all the hiphoppers wearing bubble coats should be shot.

some crazy shit going on here though. holding people down and shooting them seven times in the head. i can see it now these fuckin pigs getting all tweeked out running up on this cat and bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam.. what a shame. and we are supposed to be cool with it cause they "thought" he was a terrorist. this is where the bubble coat comes into play. what if he had been wearing one just to be cool. thats justification.

you can see how the story was propped up from the get go. all the "witnesses" saw a bulky coat. and hes wearing a jean jacket. they all saw him jump the turnstyle. and he used his pass. crazy manipulation and so blatant. how did nobody see what really happened? i knew once the pics started to come out we would see the lies but it doesnt really matter now because the "shoot to kill policy" is now being reconsidered. just a quick lil sample of what we can do is what the cops are thinking. like hey look at us we have a heart sorry were brainless sheep herders but you know well do it again its for your own good. and what was this prompted by? another al-queda bombing.ahhhhhhhhhhh. al queda where are they? look hes one kill him...oh shit thats not osama...damn...shoot thats really to ba...wait theres one theres another kill him....oh wait no thats just some brazillian electrician...thats just some kid with a bunch of paint in his coat...thats just some sick dude who needed to wear a coat to stay warm and healthy....fuckin suckers... diediediediediediediekillkillkillkillkillkillkillkill

SF1- I have a suggestion, next time try adding all three of those posts into one uber post. It would be sick. Good to see your "I know you are but what am I?" tactic is still working for you as well.

"How are you privy to such information? Or is this just an asumtion?"

I'm not privy to anything, it is common knowledge and common sense. If you have a vest containing 8-12 pockets packed with explosives and a layer of shrapnel, it tends to stick out. Throw on a T-shirt, and the outline is quite visible. Therefore more bulky clothing is needed to conceal, but when that clothing is not appropriate due to weather conditions it is an "indicator." But FuK Da PiGZ anyhow.

dog, your point doesnt hold, your acting like it was a record-setting day in brazil, this dude was merked in london, wich is notorious for its over-cast dreary weather. second, a denim jacket is not bulky at all, your acting like homie was sportin a starter jacket or something. im not very educated in the whole ordeal so im not going to comment any further, your defense was just so absurd i had to comment.

oh, and the whole "this is my shit talking username" is a cute gimmick, im sure you really proved a point with it.

Menezes death 'cover-up' doubted

Brazilian officials have said they do not believe there was a Scotland Yard cover-up over the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes.

But ambassador Manoel Gomes Pereira said he had been "perplexed" by leaks from the inquiry that contradicted early police and eyewitness reports.

He "completely" trusted the Independent Police Complaints Commission, he added.

The IPCC has said it will end its probe this year. Mr Menezes died after being mistaken for a suspected bomber.

The 27-year-old electrician was killed at Stockwell Tube station, south London, a day after the failed 21 July bombings.

IPCC 'informed'

Mr Pereira was flanked at a news conference at the Brazilian Embassy on Tuesday by Wagner Goncalves, of Brazil's federal prosecutor's office, and Marcio Pereira Pinto Garcia, of its ministry of justice.

The men had travelled to the UK to look into the circumstances surrounding the shooting, and on Monday met Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner John Yates.

Mr Garcia said Mr Yates had told them "one hour after the incident [the police] sent a note to the IPCC - they were informed since the beginning".

No-one would expect an investigation such as this to be hurried

Richard Latham QC, representing the IPCC

According to Mr Yates the inquiry into the shooting had not been handed over for 72 hours because of the mistaken suspicion Mr Menezes was connected with terrorism, Mr Garcia said.

"From then on, all the evidence is with the IPCC," he said.

Documents leaked last week relating to the IPCC probe contradicted eyewitness reports and initial police quotes that Mr Menezes' "clothing and demeanour" added to suspicions he was a suspected suicide bomber.

Mr Pereira said: "We were perplexed - we were trying to find out some explanation for the new facts, for the new information leaked."

'Wide-ranging'

At a reopened inquest into the death on Tuesday, the IPCC said it would complete its inquiry by Christmas but not publish its report until possible criminal or disciplinary proceedings in the case were completed.

Richard Latham QC, representing the IPCC, told the hearing: "No-one would expect an investigation such as this to be hurried.

"It must be wide-ranging and conducted with very considerable care."

A whole load of misinformation has been circulating for quite some time

Harriet Wistrich

Menezes family solicitor

Coroner John Sampson also requested a progress report on the IPCC inquiry from senior investigator John Cummins.

Mr Cummins said a "comprehensive handover package" had been received from the Metropolitan Police on 27 July.

He added: "There is a considerable amount of fresh work to be done."

The inquest was then adjourned until 23 February.

Harriet Wistrich, a solicitor representing the Menezes family, afterwards repeated calls for a further public inquiry into the shooting.

She said there was "a whole load of misinformation that has been circulating for quite some time and that has not been put right".

A memorial Mass was held on Tuesday evening at St Anne's Church, east London, in Mr Menezes' memory.

Father Federico Ribeiro, of the Brazilian chaplaincy in Westminster Diocese, said before the service that Brazilians would be praying for justice.

He said: "We want to pray for our Brazilian friend who we had here many times. We want the truth to prevail to show he was innocent. Do not distort the truth. We love the police so please do not disappoint us and the whole population.

"We pray for them to be honest and the truth to prevail."

CCTV claims

Newspaper reports say Tube staff have disputed police claims CCTV cameras were not working at Stockwell station, where Mr Menezes was killed last month.

Police removed recordings from the surveillance system immediately after the 22 July shooting but apparently found them blank, the reports said.

But Tube workers have reportedly told the IPCC that some cameras covering the relevant platform were working.

The BBC had earlier been told the cameras' disks were removed the day before in the investigation into the 21 July failed bombings.

A Transport for London spokesman said it could not comment while it was co-operating with the ongoing IPCC inquiry.

Meanwhile, the sister of a woman killed in the 7 July attacks has said the row over Mr Menezes' death is undermining the fight against terrorism.

"We are hampering the police investigation by crucifying the police and the chief of police, who has been trying to do his job," said Dania Gorodi, of Mill Hill, north London.

Nothing must distract the Metropolitan Police from preventing further attacks against the capital

Shadow minister for homeland security Patrick Mercer

"It was a tragic mistake what happened to this family but it was a mistake."

Her sister Mihaela Otto, 46, was killed in the Piccadilly Line blast near Russell Square.

Mrs Gorodi, 48, added: "We need to support the police now. It's the fight against terrorism that should be the focus."

Shadow minister for homeland security Patrick Mercer also called for support for the police.

"Nothing must distract the Metropolitan Police from preventing further attacks against the capital or indeed against other major cities in this country, " he told the ITV News channel.

But Mr Mercer criticised the lack of information given to him about the force's shoot-to-kill policy.

"I would have been extremely interested to know how the rules of engagement have changed, how they have been adapted," he added.

Source

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001+Aug 19 2005, 05:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stereotype V.001 - Aug 19 2005, 05:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>"How are you privy to such information? Or is this just an asumtion?"

I'm not privy to anything, it is common knowledge and common sense. If you have a vest containing 8-12 pockets packed with explosives and a layer of shrapnel, it tends to stick out. Throw on a T-shirt, and the outline is quite visible. Therefore more bulky clothing is needed to conceal, but when that clothing is not appropriate due to weather conditions it is an "indicator." But FuK Da PiGZ anyhow.

[/b]

Hey morron...

<!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Aug 18 2005, 08:57 PM

Are you really an idiot? dude was wearing a little ass denim jacket not some bulky ass winter gear. It wasn't "hot and humid" it was 75 fucking degrees. 75 Fucking degrees on a summer day is jacket weather you morron. The fact of the matter is that the pigs fucked up and thought he was someone else and decided they were gonna merk him if he got on a train. That's what happened. They lied and said he ran from them, they lied about this "bulky winter coat" they lied about practically everything in a weak attempt to cover their asses and dipshits like you are so stupidly blind (or just plain stupid) that you can't see the truth when there's a fucking PICTURE OF IT at the top of this very thread. :rolleyes:

Hey SF, your moron (or maybe you were trying to say mormon) comment just took my self esteme level from like a 9 to a 4. I am going to take some prozac, but first I want to fill you in on something. That comment wasn't directed towards you, because I decided talking with a 13 year old kid on mommy's computer who can't read or write properly isn't worth my time. Feel free to respond.

Thank you, and good day!

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001@Aug 24 2005, 09:19 PM

Hey SF, your moron (or maybe you were trying to say mormon) comment just took my self esteme level from like a 9 to a 4. I am going to take some prozac, but first I want to fill you in on something. That comment wasn't directed towards you, because I decided talking with a 13 year old kid on mommy's computer who can't read or write properly isn't worth my time. Feel free to respond.

Thank you, and good day!

It's hilarious how douchebags like you always resort to spelling as a last ditch effort at attacking someones point when you have no real argument left. It's funny, it's like you're admitting that you have nothing else left to combat my point because you know that I'm right and you're wrong so you resort to scanning for misspelled words to try and clown me with. :haha:

When did nerdiness become cool enough to use to your advantage when talking on a GAFFITTI forum?

And dawg I'm probably old enough to be your dad being as YOU'RE the one that comes off as the 13 year old cyber geek. :clown2: :clown2: :clown2: :clown2: