Master's degrees?

CIPHER_one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MAGS156@Aug 16 2005, 04:36 PM

Business Administration in Global Management

whats this about

Taken directly from the website. They explain it more effectively than I could, since i'm not actually in it yet:

The MBA/GM program has been developed to provide individuals with the opportunity to study in a program specifically designed for management multicultural and multinational workforces effectively in a rapidly-changing environment.

The MBA/GM program provides students with a broad-based understanding of the economics of international and global business operations, and prepares students to manage human and material resources effectively and efficiently within international cultural, legal, and political contexts.

Basically, i'm going to kick-ass worldwide. Crush lives, make trill cash and wield immense power.

That's my hope, of course.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Aug 16 2005, 10:38 PM

I think it depends what school you go to. I'm at one that is basically a trade school. And if you're concerned with getting a job, don't go into film..in general basically. But yeah, if your reasoning for going to film school is $, then don't go.

See up in Canada there's a big distinction between 'College' and 'University'.

You get a degree from a university and a diploma from a college. It's probably

similar to the states somehow, where trades are taught in one place and theory

is taught elsewhere. I did a 'trade' style school for film and I'd say that a dozen

of the people who graduated form a class of 50 are actually working in the biz.

Man, what's with people busting on people for getting degrees in areas of itnerest...i.e Graphic Design. Who gives a fuck if the "market is flooded" or whatever. If someone was into Design enough to go to shcool for it for a couple few years, I'm sure they're not sweatin' it. And if the only reason they did go was to get a fuckin job, then they fucked themself and you can feel free to berate them.

It just seems like when the phrase "degree in Graphic Design" is uttered, people jump all over it...

Originally posted by RumPuncher+Aug 17 2005, 10:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RumPuncher - Aug 17 2005, 10:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CIPHER_one@Aug 16 2005, 10:38 PM

I think it depends what school you go to. I'm at one that is basically a trade school. And if you're concerned with getting a job, don't go into film..in general basically. But yeah, if your reasoning for going to film school is $, then don't go.

See up in Canada there's a big distinction between 'College' and 'University'.

You get a degree from a university and a diploma from a college. It's probably

similar to the states somehow, where trades are taught in one place and theory

is taught elsewhere. I did a 'trade' style school for film and I'd say that a dozen

of the people who graduated form a class of 50 are actually working in the biz.

[/b]

Right on, yeah it's kinda like that in the US. There are different degrees you can get. For film, one might be better off getting an Associates degree, rather than a Bachelors. I miyself am getting a Bachelor's, this is because I'd like to go to grad school after this, and I'm not so concerned with makin' the bucks after I graduate. Perhaps that could change, but I'm still intending on going to grad school so fuck it.

right on gliko!

i had no idea you were a science geek too..

i've been seriously considering biotech.

it's not that i'm super into it

but i'd make about 100k

the cool thing about science is that job experience will sometimes trump education

many job adverts say something like

master's degree, or bachelor's degree with two+years experience

i think i'm about done with working in academia, now that i've found a couple jobs i qualify for that pay more than triple what i make now...and no additional degrees

Originally posted by Seldoon@Aug 17 2005, 10:13 AM

Taken directly from the website. They explain it more effectively than I could, since i'm not actually in it yet:

The MBA/GM program has been developed to provide individuals with the opportunity to study in a program specifically designed for management multicultural and multinational workforces effectively in a rapidly-changing environment.

The MBA/GM program provides students with a broad-based understanding of the economics of international and global business operations, and prepares students to manage human and material resources effectively and efficiently within international cultural, legal, and political contexts.

Basically, i'm going to kick-ass worldwide. Crush lives, make trill cash and wield immense power.

shit I wasen't thinking about international befor, it sounds right up my ally though , I'm defiantly going to look into this

and if I become world wide and weild imence power I will call apon you so be ready

Thanks

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Aug 17 2005, 01:21 PM

^ one of my friends got a masters in sculpture...so I already know whats up with that.

Cipher...are you referring to my comment?

Yeah, I probably jumped the gun and you were probably just being curious. I'm just a little touchy, cuz more often than not that isn't the case.

Apoligies if they are in order.

Originally posted by MAGS156+Aug 17 2005, 02:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MAGS156 - Aug 17 2005, 02:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Seldoon@Aug 17 2005, 10:13 AM

shit I wasen't thinking about international befor, it sounds right up my ally though , I'm defiantly going to look into this

and if I become world wide and weild imence power I will call apon you so be ready

Thanks

[/b]

No problem, we can team up and take shit over! Just keep in mind, if I see that you're getting too powerful, I will have to crush you like the rest of my adversaries. :burn: