I can't fucking sleep

bodice_ripper

I'm renting a room in a house. and its infested with vibrating spiders. As a result, I don't ever sleep there. I hoover th place non stop, yet when I just tried to go to bed, the little fuckheads had webbed my bed to the wall. they are everywhere.

I'm paying money for this shite. what will I do, other than fill my bed room with quails and rodents....?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
These spiders have very long legs like the harvestman. Therefore, they are called Daddy-longlegs. The difference between the daddy-longlegs and the harvestman is that in harvestman the cephalothorax and the abdomen is almost fused together which looks like one structure whereas in daddy longleg spiders the cephalothorax and the abdomen are two distinct features connected by a visible narrow tube. Unlike these spiders, the harvestman does not make webs.

The members of the Pholcidae family live in houses and buildings. They make their untidy webs in the corner of a wall or a ceiling. They are also often found in the basement or the cellars, thus being referred to by another common name as the cellar spiders. When they are disturbed or when they are under a threat of attack, they start vibrating in their web violently to scare off and discourage their enemy. Therefore, they are also known by yet another common name of vibrating spiders. The male spider has large palps.

It is said that the venom of this spider is one of the most poisonous. Since the fangs of these spiders are too small to penetrate the skin, it is not considered a dangerous spider. Many spiders use their venom to kill their prey but the poison of almost all of them is harmless to humans.

anyways, dude, thats hella gross..you need to holla at the landlord for really real...

And your sure you didnt see any Earwigs?

If you answer no, then ignore the following.

Close your eyes for a moment and try to imagine the sensation of an insect working it's way down your ear canal.  The feel of it's antennae against skin that is rarely, if ever, touched.

The scratching of it's six legs working, down deeper and deeper.  

These insects are quite insidious, the fertilized female will attach herself to hair, clothing and/or skin, and under the cover of darkness wend her way into the ear canal, burrowing then through the middle and inner ear to the brain. Upon reaching the brain, the earwig first severs the cranial nerve, which serves as both a blessing and a curse to the victim. Whereas the victim suffers no pain thereafter, the victim is also unaware of the progressive degeneration of cerebral tissue.

Over the course of several days, the female burrows a network of tunnels through the temporal and frontal lobes of the brain, implanting her eggs as she digs along. After she has deposited her entire brood of approximately 1000 eggs, she emerges in the sinus cavity where she expires. The eggs hatch after about 4 days of incubation. Immediately after they pass through the pupae stage, about 2 days later, each larva burrows further into the brain, shredding brain tissues and consuming it for nourishment. The victim will usually die a horrible and debilitating death about a week later as the larvae reach maturity.

The entire process of host infestation to host death spans only about 2 weeks, so recognizing the symptoms and seeking treatment is of immediate concern.

If you experience any of the following symptoms, seek medical attention immediately:

Bleeding from the ears, fever over 103 F for more than a day, heart palpitations, migraine-like headaches and/or sudden speech impairment.

Beware the earwig!

earwig.GIF.157d4b13675108cab5bfa4cd8062e549.GIF

bollox.

they don't do that. I'm a woofter, not an idiot....

earwigs don't bother me that much, because they won't get caught in my hair. When I was a kid I got a BUNCH of craneflies caught in my hair at the same time. My hair was 2+ foot long at the time. fucking horrible

-edit, cause I smoke too much, and my typing skills were the first to go....

Originally posted by coffeedependency@Aug 16 2005, 01:02 AM

i always fall asleep with the tv on, and it wakes me up in the middle of the night and in a half-concious state i imagine spiders hanging from the ceiling. this happens all of the time, and i fucking lose my shit and turn on the lights and start looking for spiders.

holy shit I get that exact thing! I have NO idea I'm actually dreaming it untill about 2 minutes after I stand up freaking out. Anytime I wake up in the middle night for any reason I see spiders on the ceiling, its been happening for years now.

the horrible thing is that the first time I slept in that house, I woke up and when I got up, there WERE spiders all over the ceiling and in my hair....they then retreated into my pillow case.

Originally posted by bodice_ripper+Aug 15 2005, 06:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bodice_ripper - Aug 15 2005, 06:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-coffeedependency@Aug 16 2005, 01:02 AM

i always fall asleep with the tv on, and it wakes me up in the middle of the night and in a half-concious state i imagine spiders hanging from the ceiling. this happens all of the time, and i fucking lose my shit and turn on the lights and start looking for spiders.

holy shit I get that exact thing! I have NO idea I'm actually dreaming it

[/b]

we are all in the same boat..I swear like a mother fucker jumping up lightning fast to get the light..then there is nothing....

one time that happend but it was a fucking SQUID..I kid you not..i was falling asleep and a god damn purple squid thing just jets under my bed...I wigged out and grabbed a bat and sat at the bottom of the stairs cussing till my brother asked me what happend

Bro:"dude....what the fuck are you yelling about?"

Me:"there is a squid under my bed"

bro:"......what?"

Me:"....never mind"

The mind plays great tricks