Birthday parties have pagan roots

Dawood

Originally posted by ERIZENO@Aug 15 2005, 04:34 PM

You need to learn to seperate your views from being flawless and just accept them as flawless for yourself and realize others see things diffrent than you and thats OK. It dosent mean you are wrong, it just means your an open minded person thats accepts others regarless of a small diffrence of opinion.

Erizeno, In my day to day life, I go about my business like anyone else, I don't stand on a streetcorner with a "YOU ARE GOING TO HELL" sign. I don't corner people and talk their heads off about Islam, but this is a forum, where people discuss things. If you choose to disagree with me about religion or anything ese, thats fine, We can disagree, and I'm not mad at you. I just don't understand why some of you are so threatened by my views? Its as if , anyone can come here and talk about their beleifs and thats fine, Unless your a muslim, then we will do our best to convince you that other religions have a possibility of being correct too. How can all roads lead to Rome? I can't accept that if Islam is the truth from our creator, then he sent down many ways to find success .(unless all religions taught the same thing , but they don't) You don't have to agree with me . There is no compulsion in Islam. God willing , I will continue to have discussions about this. I would like to think of myself as open minded enough to have a respectful discussion and accept that others beleive differently , but certain enough in my beleifs to not compromise them for anything. I also have hope that people will stop worshipping created things and worship the one who created them.

And Allaah the Exalted said:

“Do they seek other than the religion of Allaah (the true Islaamic Monotheism worshipping none but Allaah Alone), while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.” - Aali Imraan (3):83

Allaah, the Exalted said:

“That is because Allaah, He is the Truth (the only True God of all that exists, Who has no partners or rivals with Him), and what they (the polytheists) invoke besides Him, it is falsehood and verily, Allaah He is the Most High, the Most Great.” - Al-Hajj (22):62 and Luqmaan (31):30

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bodice_ripper@Aug 16 2005, 01:48 AM

I can't believe you are seriously threatened by birthdays. I am now throughly convinced that you are a random Ch.Zero head having a complicated laugh. Or even someone who just breezed in and thought they'd have a go.

But no way are you for real....

LOL, threatened by birthdays?? thats funny. yeah, BO, just havin' a go.

Originally posted by Dawood@Aug 16 2005, 01:46 AM

Its as if , anyone can come here and talk about their beleifs and thats fine, Unless your a muslim, then we will do our best to convince you that other religions have a possibility of being correct too. How can all roads lead to Rome? I can't accept that if Islam is the truth from our creator, then he sent down many ways to find success .(unless all religions taught the same thing , but they don't)

God willing , I will continue to have discussions about this. I would like to think of myself as open minded enough to have a respectful discussion and accept that others beleive differently , but certain enough in my beleifs to not compromise them for anything. I also have hope that people will stop worshipping created things and worship the one who created them.

I dont think your mad at me, this is the internet, I kill time at work here nothing more.

And thinking anyone can be open with their views other than muslims is total bullshit. I would be just as bothered by a reborn christian, or an off the deep end catholic (i went to a private catholic school till 8th grade) spouting off that only their view is correct, that arrogance is disgusting.

To be truley openminded and have an open discussion you cant look at this subjet in Black and White .... there are too many shades of grey. You want to be sure you are a good muslim so you act like these things cant be questioned ... get a backbone and think for yourself. Question everything. You can still hold the same faith but with a broader view of the world it will be stronger and less offensive when you talk to others who dont agree with you.

I am not going to say I have the answer and this is the absolute truth, but to me all roads do lead to Rome. As I see it, faith is means to an end. Whoever you are whatever you have faith in to be the answer is fine. Dosent mean I agree with you, but I sure as hell wont say my answer is the only correct one and yours is wrong, as you have done for about a week or so. You are not directly stating people are wrong, you keep dancing around that with comments like "I also have hope that people will stop worshipping created things and worship the one who created them." To me that is just as created as any other part of our current written history. That is my only problem with you and your posts.

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

ERIZENO,

I am not "brainwashed" into beleiving that Islam is the only correct way, I am CONVINCED. through lots of questioning and study. I wasn't Born into a muslim family. I was born into a christian family who "semi" practiced it. I only became muslim through years of contemplation and questioning. Don't get me wrong, I am not always 100% correct. I am only human, and have plenty of faults and misconceptions, so for me to assert that I am always right would make me sound as arrogant as Rush Limbaugh. All I am saying is THIS....

If we agree that we were created,(which some people think the creation is all a product of chance) So If you beleive that , then well , thats another Issue, But if you beleive in creation, then there has to be a creator. And if there is a creator, then that creator cannot be a part of the creation, because things don't create themselves. Am I wrong?

If you can find any object on earth that came from nothing , with no origin, then we can stop here and discuss something else, But the reality is , that EVERYTHING was created , like a car has a manufacturer, watch, a chair, a computer etc. These things all have a manufacturer and a purpose. So Us as humans, (the most intricately designed machine on the planet )to think that we just came into existance by chance, with no creator and no purpose is ,to me rediculous, So if we agree with eachother up to this point then lets move to the creator. Can you think of anything that you have ever seen or heard or touched or smelled or tasted as being able to create itself? Then the next logical conclusion is that God (the most knowledgeable creator) is the fashioner of everything, right? Do you see, touch, smell , taste, or hear God? Well if God is in everything , and is everywhere as some have implied, then this "everything" has the ability to create more everything from nothing. And if we are all gods , then we should have the ability to create something from nothing. BUT WE CAN'T....we can't even create a fly, not even a fly's wing or a gnat or a molecule or an atom!!!. Then how can this creation be a creator when no part of it can create anything from nothing?

Whew...were dealing with some deep stuff here.

Deep indeed!!!

I wouldn’t say brainwashed …. But if no one can tell you for sure why put so much stock in it ??? Let it be what it is and be a good person, or do you not trust yourself to be good without reward or forgiveness ???

I guess it’s more in the core of creation or chance to me then. I am not convinced either way on that subject, being undeceive there leads me to all kinds of strange places I wouldn’t get to otherwise. I like that sense of openness I wish more people would open up to the unknown, but that is another long tangent. I would like to think some force (god) started the “big bang” in a way that ties science to religion in an undeniable way, but we wont know. Based on being taken advantage of in so many places in my life doesn’t allow me to trust any other humans words, so I will go on living a good life but not subscribe to any others view of the truth. Taking the good things from all faiths and religions and leaving the BS behind.

Like eating pork … I understand why that is in the text, it was to be safer in a time of no sterilization … today it only hold traditional sense, but is no long as practical except in 3rd world countries.

Live and let live, but I have a pet peeve about people acting like they know it all, when no one does for sure.

Originally posted by ERIZENO@Aug 17 2005, 12:36 AM

Deep indeed!!!

I wouldn’t say brainwashed …. But if no one can tell you for sure why put so much stock in it ??? Let it be what it is and be a good person, or do you not trust yourself to be good without reward or forgiveness ???

I guess it’s more in the core of creation or chance to me then. I am not convinced either way on that subject, being undeceive there leads me to all kinds of strange places I wouldn’t get to otherwise. I like that sense of openness I wish more people would open up to the unknown, but that is another long tangent. I would like to think some force (god) started the “big bang” in a way that ties science to religion in an undeniable way, but we wont know. Based on being taken advantage of in so many places in my life doesn’t allow me to trust any other humans words, so I will go on living a good life but not subscribe to any others view of the truth. Taking the good things from all faiths and religions and leaving the BS behind.

Like eating pork … I understand why that is in the text, it was to be safer in a time of no sterilization … today it only hold traditional sense, but is no long as practical except in 3rd world countries.

Live and let live, but I have a pet peeve about people acting like they know it all, when no one does for sure.

Yeah, I see where youre coming from, What you are saying is you can't be 100% sure so there is no possible way to confirm it. Actually concerning science , Islam has many , many scientifical links and confirmations that other religions lack. check out http://www.beconvinced.com/en/main.php?act...howcat&catid=04

The only advice I would have to someone who says that Islam is not the truth, that they say it based upon knowledge and study. With proofs and evidences, not just based upon dissmissing Islam, because you think it is just like other religions.

God says in the quran...

"Do they not carefully consider (investigate) the Qur’an or are there locks upon their hearts." [surah 47:24]

"Do they not carefully analyse the Quran. If it had been from other than Allaah then surely they would have found many discrepancies therein" [surah 4:82]

there are no discrepancies in the Quran or in Islam. So As for leaving the B/S behind, I agree with you, but I havent found any in Islam yet.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Dawood+Aug 16 2005, 06:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dawood - Aug 16 2005, 06:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you can find any object on earth that came from nothing , with no origin, then we can stop here and discuss something else, But the reality is , that EVERYTHING was created , like a car has a manufacturer, watch, a chair, a computer etc. These things all have a manufacturer and a purpose.

So Us as humans, (the most intricately designed machine on the planet) to think that we just came into existance by chance, with no creator and no purpose is ,to me rediculous.

[/b]

I suggest you read up on contemporary physics. Particle/Antiparticle pairs are formed every instant in the universe from absolutely NOTHING. The manufacturer/purpose analogy (The watchmaker) is not really a very solid argument because we are attributing humanistic qualities (the way humans, design, create and build things) to something that does not work same way. The creation of matter and the basic elements of the universe happened at the quantum scale, where the rules are so absolutely unlike what we're used to see the normal world functioning, they completely defy logic and are almost impossibly hard to fit our heads around. At that scale, things CAN come from nothing, and from those things arise the world we see today. I already mentioned in another thread that incredible complexity arises from the very simplest of equations, such as those of particle/antiparticle pairs that come from nothing.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dawood@Aug 16 2005, 06:37 PM

But if you beleive in creation, then there has to be a creator. And if there is a creator, then that creator cannot be a part of the creation, because things don't create themselves. Am I wrong?

Why can't nature be a part of God? If I create an artificial liver and implant it into myself, I don't see how this liver (my creation) isn't part of who I am, and how the energy, time and dedication I put into creating said liver doesn't make ME, my essence (the creator), part of the liver. This analogy only applies if believing in creation is exclusive to believing in a creator, which I don't think is the case. Like I mentioned before, it's attributing human qualities to very unhuman-like systems.

the reason is because, You didn't create the artificial liver. You assembled it or made it out of materials that were already there. Can you make an artificial liver from absolutely nothing? Absolutely not. There has to be a creator who created these elements for you to make this liver. Therefore , you are the manufacturer, but not the creator.

Only God has the power to create something from nothing, Not the creation itself.

Originally posted by Dawood@Aug 14 2005, 12:10 AM

what do you mean by "pagan times"? In every time there are pagans and then there are non pagans. Didn't you ever see the movie dragnet?

I LOVE IT!

You have this whole marriage to your beliefs thing going on and you kick it mainly from the koran but you're also gonna cite 'Dragnet' as a source!

Fuckin' hot! That is class A humor my insane friend!!!

I got you this, looks like she's doing some wiccan thing right on the cake!

Hope you love it and, seriously, Happy Birthday!

gay-cake.JPG

Originally posted by Dawood@Aug 16 2005, 07:58 PM

Actually concerning science , Islam has many , many scientifical links and confirmations that other religions lack. check out http://www.beconvinced.com/en/main.php?act...howcat&catid=04

Really, has anyone else gone to this shit? It is ridiculous.

Example:

It was stated to Dr. Tagasone: You will be interested to know that in this book, the Holy book the Quraan, there was a reference 1400 years ago which refers to the moment of punishment of the unbelievers by the fire of Hell and it states that when their skin is destroyed, Allah makes another skin for them so that they perceive the punishment by a fire, indicating knowledge about the nerve endings in the skin, and the verse is:

"Those who reject our signs. We shall soon cast into the fire; as often as their skins are roasted through. We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the chastisement: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise" (Quraan 4:56).

So do you agree that this is a reference to the importance of the nerve endings in the skin in sensation, 1400 years ago?"

Originally posted by Smart+Aug 24 2005, 04:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Smart - Aug 24 2005, 04:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dawood@Aug 14 2005, 12:10 AM

what do you mean by "pagan times"? In every time there are pagans and then there are non pagans.  Didn't you ever see the movie dragnet?

I LOVE IT!

You have this whole marriage to your beliefs thing going on and you kick it mainly from the koran but you're also gonna cite 'Dragnet' as a source!

Fuckin' hot! That is class A humor my insane friend!!!

I got you this, looks like she's doing some wiccan thing right on the cake!

Hope you love it and, seriously, Happy Birthday!

[/b]

I'm glad you got my Joke! ...ha -ha Just some dry humor there,yuck -yuck.

Originally posted by Krakatau+Aug 25 2005, 01:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krakatau - Aug 25 2005, 01:20 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dawood@Aug 16 2005, 07:58 PM

Actually concerning science , Islam has many , many scientifical links and confirmations that other religions lack. check out http://www.beconvinced.com/en/main.php?act...howcat&catid=04

Really, has anyone else gone to this shit? It is ridiculous.

Example:

It was stated to Dr. Tagasone: You will be interested to know that in this book, the Holy book the Quraan, there was a reference 1400 years ago which refers to the moment of punishment of the unbelievers by the fire of Hell and it states that when their skin is destroyed, Allah makes another skin for them so that they perceive the punishment by a fire, indicating knowledge about the nerve endings in the skin, and the verse is:

"Those who reject our signs. We shall soon cast into the fire; as often as their skins are roasted through. We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the chastisement: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise" (Quraan 4:56).

So do you agree that this is a reference to the importance of the nerve endings in the skin in sensation, 1400 years ago?"

[/b]

What the author of this article is referring to is the fact that the Quran referred to the skin as being the source of pain (where the nerve endings are) Because if a person was thrown into hell and his skin burned off then he would go numb and wouldnt be able to feel intense pain anymore like if he had skin. Was this fact known 1400 years ago by scientists? That pain originates from the nerve endings in the skin? I don't know , but Allah knew, Because he created them.

Read on, Krakatau...keep challenging it.....study, see if Scientists 1400 years ago had any reference or ability to know these things....

No, I honestly have a hard time reading it due to the stupidity.

I have also decided to regard you as a joke account based on you adherence to weak points. You seem like you are inviting arguement with every half-assed attempt you make at defending your points.

I mean what could invite arguement more than a thread like 'Birthdays parties have pagan roots' with your screen name in the author's column? That shit is way to random to be relevant.... but you put it out there and we are like flies on God, right?

My real name is Dawood, For real ,man !!!

You think this is some conspiracy??

LOL, anyway, I speak the truth, and you are not able to refute it.

As far as the "birthdays thing" It really isnt relevent, just conversation.

Ask around Krak, People know me. I got rep. I'm not some made up name to talk trash...google me...put Dawood in the search field and see what comes up.....

Or are you scared....

Moo-ooh-ooh-oo-aaaaaah

moo-ooh

moo-ooh

moo-ooh-ooh oo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Ha, Ha, The FBI already visited me. They left after I talked to them about Islam for a half hour..I suspect one of them wanted to be a muslim, but you know ...FBI....Islam, two different aims i guess. Well anyway, Braggus drickmas, you just snitched on yourself, Your a snitch.

Originally posted by Dawood@Aug 24 2005, 08:51 PM

What the author of this article is referring to is the fact that the Quran referred to the skin as being the source of pain (where the nerve endings are) Because if a person was thrown into hell and his skin burned off then he would go numb and wouldnt be able to feel intense pain anymore like if he had skin. Was this fact known 1400 years ago by scientists? That pain originates from the nerve endings in the skin? I don't know , but Allah knew, Because he created them.

Read on, Krakatau...keep challenging it.....study, see if Scientists 1400 years ago had any reference or ability to know these things....

So you are trying to tell me that noone got their ass burnt in a fire before 1400 years ago and therefore only Allah would know that the pain of fire would subside after the skin is destroyed?

Oh I'm a believer now! lol

I've seen some impressive ancient wisdom but this reallly isn't in the top 100, or 1000.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Aug 28 2005, 08:30 PM

Calling me a snitch for wanting to protect my country from terrorists like you is exactly what a terrorist would do, you al-qaida scum.

LOL! :haha: :haha:

Poor Dawoods gonna get snatched up and sent to Guatanimo cause Biggus Dickus is dropping dimes. That's not even funny to joke about. :rolleyes:

Well thanks for all your kind words and general benevolence toward me, sheesh...considering I'm the guy warning you against a fire whos fuel is disbeleivers and on the day of Judgement youll be wishing you listened and learned....but, yeah, man don't joke about that Homeland security stuff man , I have 4 kids to feed and clothe.

Originally posted by villain+Aug 28 2005, 09:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Aug 28 2005, 09:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dawood@Aug 24 2005, 08:51 PM

What the author of this article is referring to is the fact that the Quran referred to the skin as being the source of pain (where the nerve endings are)  Because if a person was thrown into hell and his skin burned off then he would go numb and wouldnt be able to feel intense pain anymore like if he had skin.  Was this fact known 1400 years ago by scientists? That pain originates from the nerve endings in the skin? I don't know , but  Allah knew, Because he created them.

Read on, Krakatau...keep challenging it.....study, see if Scientists  1400 years ago had any reference or ability to know these things....

So you are trying to tell me that noone got their ass burnt in a fire before 1400 years ago and therefore only Allah would know that the pain of fire would subside after the skin is destroyed?

Oh I'm a believer now! lol

I've seen some impressive ancient wisdom but this reallly isn't in the top 100, or 1000.

[/b]

So , do you think someone got burned in a fire so bad that all of his nerve endings and skin were gone, but they lived to tell the world about it?