Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
aids is a myth

graphic card suggestions?

so recently i copped silent hill 4, and have been dying to play it, but everytime i start the .exe file i get some error about not having a compatible graphics card

SILENT HILL 4 requires a graphics card with 3D hardware acceleration and at least 32 MB of VRAM on the card, along with 256 MB or more of system RAM. The drivers for your graphics card must support DirectX 8.1b or higher. If you are having any problems running the game, make sure to update your graphics card drivers.

SILENT HILL 4 officially supports the following graphics chipsets:

NVIDIA GeForceFX, GeForce4Ti, GeForce3Ti (GeForce MX series not supported.)

ATI Radeon 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9100, 9000, 8500

i'm not sure if that list is what they 'officially support' meaning would LIKE you to buy, or if it's the compatibility list... i have a NVIDIA GeForce MX card currently, which makes sense why it's not supported. so, if somebody could tell me what would be my best bet in buying a card or a spot online with the cheapest shit, holla...m uch appreciated

GeForce 6600 is the best bang for your buck right now at around $100.00. You need to look into what your computer supports. You'll probably need to get the AGP version of the 6600, like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814164043

The PCIe version will almost certainly not work on your computer unless you bought it within the past couple of months.

The 6600 should run just about anything for a good month or so before it becomes outdated. Welcome to the world of computer gaming.

I suggest buying from newegg.com, my link above. I've bought parts for 7 entire systems from them, always shipped within a day of order, always arrived on time. Never had to return anything. They're widely regarded as the best online PC parts retailer currently.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this