Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fuckum

Scribble Jam 2005

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Biff Tannen@Aug 22 2005, 12:19 PM

scribblex16.jpg

This one is sick. What does it say?

its sick? interesting composition but thats about it. weak letters and that vesh is weak as well, wak letters! shame on these toys

Originally posted by tony blair+Aug 22 2005, 12:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tony blair - Aug 22 2005, 12:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Biff Tannen@Aug 22 2005, 12:19 PM

scribblex16.jpg

its sick? interesting composition but thats about it. weak letters and that vesh is weak as well, wak letters! shame on these toys

[/b]

I think it says Gimik and i think it is pretty tight also, regardless of what any graffiti critic has to say about it. Everyone has an opinion and others have opinions about other peoples opinions....jesus christ.

Originally posted by JimmieWalker+Aug 23 2005, 05:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JimmieWalker - Aug 23 2005, 05:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by tony blair@Aug 22 2005, 12:47 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Biff Tannen@Aug 22 2005, 12:19 PM

scribblex16.jpg

I think it says Gimik and i think it is pretty tight also, regardless of what any graffiti critic has to say about it. Everyone has an opinion and others have opinions about other peoples opinions....jesus christ.

[/b]

yes that is gimik and he wanst finishied when that was taken, he cam back later and finished his word and added some characters s too

Not that this may matter to many, but I do believe TM7 is closed! I know many members feel the same way.

Later, Ervoster Tragik Magik 7 Bronx Chapter!

that VESH is hot. i don't know what everyone is crying about. You don't have to be in TM7 to do a particular kind of wildstyle. And likewise you don't have to be in QM8, PFE, or whatever either. Its hilarious, because Themo used to get accused of biting CES or whoever. Did he give a fuck... I don't know, but I'm sick of people saying so and so bit that dude, when its not like that.

People have to really check their definitions of "originality". Graffiti is not as ideal as people think it is, as if original things are created or painted ALL the time. There are derivatives all writers eventually carry, which are the letters and the subtle rules of structuring. There's a difference between blatant biting (carbon copies) and gradually making things your own from other folks.

For shellions.

I do agree with what some people are saying...In some of these i see no letter structure. But then again they are doing productions. Personally I'd rather see letters then some crazy thing but that's just me.

i agree, that gimik has a really week letter structure...it's actually quite ironic he writes gimik, because it seems he uses a gimiky style to hide his not-so-solid letters behind...and fuck an opinion, if someone's piece doesn't have a solid letter structure, that's a fact

Originally posted by K Street Hustler@Aug 24 2005, 11:08 PM

that VESH is hot. i don't know what everyone is crying about. You don't have to be in TM7 to do a particular kind of wildstyle. And likewise you don't have to be in QM8, PFE, or whatever either. Its hilarious, because Themo used to get accused of biting CES or whoever. Did he give a fuck... I don't know, but I'm sick of people saying so and so bit that dude, when its not like that.

People have to really check their definitions of "originality". Graffiti is not as ideal as people think it is, as if original things are created or painted ALL the time. There are derivatives all writers eventually carry, which are the letters and the subtle rules of structuring. There's a difference between blatant biting (carbon copies) and gradually making things your own from other folks.

For shellions.

i agree anyone who accused said dude of biting ces knew not what they were talkin bout- said dude was does bite tich/ivory TM7. so does dude in the picture from the jam. Biting a particular crews style- a style which is undoubtedly a trademark style of that crew includind the background elements and do-dads n other little shit a crew does -and is recongnized for- is NOT ok. its biting and suckers who bite someone elses whole profile get no respect and are suckers plain n simple.

glad to see the dase is still running. to bad i believe the east is gone...one of my favorite pieces ever.

vash and gimik both suck, end of story.

please move on now.

Originally posted by K Street Hustler@Aug 24 2005, 05:08 PM

For shellions.

there is no more originality in graffiti anymore, everything has been done, anyone who uses spray paint to write letters is biting. it's a pretty simple thing to comprehend. kid's just have ego's and everyone thinks ther deserve a crown. i say who gives a fuck so long as it's clean has nice colors and doesn't suck more power to you.

people will diss anything especially if it's done well, it's called jealousy.

:yuck: :yuck:

Guest infared

definately not jealousy...i love all these mid western opinions of graff, "graff is dead" "everything is biting" "there is no origionality anymore" go read some more intro level philosophy books, cock your trucker hat to the side, and sit in your mothers basement being a nihilist waiting for it to get dark enough to do a freight in the middle of a fucking corn field with no security, police or anything other than livestock around for miles. then look online and copy your VES straight from a YES piece he did in 99 in the hunts point amtrack and take the h from a wish piece you saw in a back issue of graphotism you spent 25 dollars on and viola...your a fucking ill writer. "wheres the legal wall guys, i got a piece to do!". you should probably invest in th edondi white book...theres a couple of sketches in there he never painted...maybe one of your boys can flip the O backwards and be an ill piecer too. just remember, its not clean unless you spent 2 hours doing cutbacks instead of nailing the lines the first time. good talk guys.

Originally posted by infared@Aug 25 2005, 08:37 AM

definately not jealousy...i love all these mid western opinions of graff, "graff is dead" "everything is biting" "there is no origionality anymore"  go read some more intro level philosophy books, cock your trucker hat to the side, and sit in your mothers basement being a nihilist waiting for it to get dark enough to do a freight in the middle of a fucking corn field with no security, police or anything other than livestock around for miles.  then look online and copy your VES straight from a YES piece he did in 99 in the hunts point amtrack and take the h from a wish piece you saw in a back issue of graphotism you spent 25 dollars on and viola...your a fucking ill writer.  "wheres the legal wall guys, i got a piece to do!".  you should probably invest in th edondi white book...theres a couple of sketches in there he never painted...maybe one of your boys can flip the O backwards and be an ill piecer too.  just remember, its not clean unless you spent 2 hours doing cutbacks instead of nailing the lines the first time.  good talk guys.

you have the most hilarious argument. first you gotta diss the midwest. then you talk about freight-writing like its some little house on the prairie shit. i ain't from the midwest, but fuck, at the least diss a geographical area that's more interesting and has more stereotypes. stop generalizing, cuz no one said the things like "graff is dead" or whatever blahzay blahzay.

anyways, if u have a problem with vesh. then handle it. that piece looked fine to me, but then again, that style is probably one of the hardest styles to become "legit" in. oh yea, and i didn't spend the time to take a yes piece from "hunts point amtrak" and a wish piece from "a back issue of graphotism" to conclude that vesh was biting.

if you want to make a case of it, then go on with it. maybe even show photos. by the way are you from the bronx? (*i'm not)

and don't diss cornfields, my mom's basement, and nihilism, because they mean a lot to me.