saves the day

SOZER

okay, heres the deal, im not emo, so lets just clear that up right now. i do however listen to saves the day and boy sets fire, boy sets fire is awesome. i hated saves the day for a long time but they gradually infiltrated my brain and now i kinda like them. at any rate, is anyone on here going to their show on nov. 19th? i think theyre playing with thursday or whatever.

does anyone else feel this kind weirdness? i listen to hardcore (25 ta life to good clean fun) hip hop (dilated peoples to cannibal ox) and now "emo" (boysetsfire, savestheday) and even some "metal" i guess (some ozzy ozbourne shit, is that even metal? that skid row song from 'damage inc.' is fucking cool too...) this and being straight edge, and a writer and vegetarian, i dont fit in perfectly anywhere in 1 single scene, but i kinda like it that way.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

she doesnt like you get over it...

ha

dood, i listen to them... a lot. i like anything from miles davis to black flag to tribe called quest to cradle of filth to modest mouse to the stray cats... i am so weird with music...

that band is cool. they put on a good show. they remind me of girls. and, i traveled across the country listening to all 3 cds over and over...

Originally posted by seeking innocence

dude, saves the day are fags. i wanted to like em, but i just couldnt. too fucking whiney. i like their name, but grrrr... shut up already, she doesnt like you. get over it.

that was harsh. It wasn't even directed to me and I feel like crying.

oh cool your so eccentric. you listen to cool underground hiphop, and hardcore, and emo, and metal. wow most people only experience once seen but not you.

oh wait, myself and everyone i know listens to most all types of music and knows alot about most of the different types.

i skateboard, dj, go to hardcore shows, write, get online, watch tv, graduated high school...man im a busy boy.damn i must be cool if i do all these things. actually im lazy and dont do any of the above except watch tv and get online.

oh man

interent is

g

a

y

get

a

l

i

f

e

go

wa

tc

h

T

V

!!!

!!

!

Saves the day is alright. I like em. Boy Sets Fire are alot whinier and bigger Fruit booting rump rangering flamers. Good Clean Fun are not hardcore. More punk and their lead singer is a bitch.

I listen to mostly Metal and Hardcore. But I like to throw in Punk, a little ScrEmo from time to time, and some classical concertos or sothing jazz sometimes. Nothings better sometimes than chillin' with some John Coltrane, Miles Davis, or blasting Bach or Strauss. Music is to entertain and for personal enjoyment.

Hip-Hop can kiss my ass cause 95% or more of the stuff that has come out in the last 5 years or so SUCKS.

saves the day is not too bad, they could be worse...i mean theyre not really that long drawn out whiney ass emo that most emo bands are, yet theyre still not on my hit list...i think i might be going to the show on the 19th, if not then, then the one on the 20th...peace

all emo kids should be stripped of their tight pants , bookbags, and whinely little attitudes along with their bmws their mommy bought them but still arent satified with and birned at the stake. burn thoes little fuckers. death to emo and its affiliates!!!!! i hates that shit beyind belief...:heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: :heated: fuck you!!!

know who listens to saves the day? 15 year old girls...shit, am i in highschool again? oh and another thing...how can you be an emo? is it a noun now? ah i dont care, i am possibly the most bitter music asshole youll ever meet. emo died when rites of spring, slint, and embrace broke up...the term should have never been used a day after. awful, awful word. my job is done here.:rolleyes:

I disagree. I think it should only be used to describe people. Cause there is definilty an emo STYLE, wussy geek stuff... but emo music?

What is emo?

Weezer?...more like alternative rock

Sunny day real estate? Indierock

Fugazi? Indie/hardcore

Seatiea? screamo

Saves the day? Popshit

I know few bands that I would say play emo music...

Originally posted by le man nurse

. emo died when rites of spring, slint, and embrace broke up...

thank you. i think you and i are the only ones here who know what it really was.

like the older ish better...even though they took a chip of lifetime's block....enjoy thursday alot ...all 5 times i seen them they have put on great shows...but that's just me.the point is people should listen to what makes them happy not seen as cool.talk all the trash you want i personally know a bunch of ''writers'' who own saves the day recordings[myself included] but i guess we all deserve to die too....who cares.i like rites of spring ......''i could go and fall in love with a face that's new...but it wouldn't be you''or something like that.i also once owned a boy sets fire windbreaker but i think newa threw it out the window of his car on the drive to kanas city while i was a sleep....haha

Guest piercedheart

all these "emo" bands nowadays are ridiculous. in the year 2000 "emo" bands will be the "big hair bands" of yesterday. that shit is getting so damn trendy. all these stupid bands that sound just like blink 182 are "emo" now. when the fuck did that happen? well, don't get me wrong, i like a lot of "emo" bands, it's just that these few past years, it's just too damn trendy. oh well, whatever...real emotional music is jonah..

Guest piercedheart

here you go, a list of all the hot "emo" bands. if you don't listen to at least 3 of these, you are not "emo"....

alkaline trio, reggie and the full effect, dashboard confessional, saves the day, promise ring, julianna theory, weezer, and a couple more that i forget...

still, i can't help but to like a few of these bands. oh well. in a way i feel sorry for the bands because they are gaining a lot of fans but for a lot of the wrong reasons. oh well, maybe they don't care...cause i don't...yeah right

Originally posted by piercedheart

here you go, a list of all the hot "emo" bands. if you don't listen to at least 3 of these, you are not "emo"....

alkaline trio, reggie and the full effect, dashboard confessional, saves the day, promise ring, julianna theory, weezer, and a couple more that i forget...

still, i can't help but to like a few of these bands. oh well. in a way i feel sorry for the bands because they are gaining a lot of fans but for a lot of the wrong reasons. oh well, maybe they don't care...cause i don't...yeah right

weezer is rock and roll

i hate tight pants....and all that geeky look bullshit, i just listen to SOME saves the day songs when i am riding.

speaking of emo though, what the FUCK is with these people? for anyone who has spent 10 seconds on makeoutclub you can agree with me that 99% of the girls look exactly the same. ugly pasty faced black haired and those plastic "emo" glasses....and every single one of them has an affinity for black and white photography, what the fuck!?!?!? im not saying you cant like photography because its cool and i do it, but its like these people do it to fit their "emo" image...whatever that is...fuckin style biter emo kids

nsk-vc

Originally posted by CHIP7.MAYHEM.CBS.2001

i also once owned a boy sets fire windbreaker but i think newa threw it out the window of his car on the drive to kanas city while i was a sleep....haha

Hey Man, I was doing you a personal favor. Saves the day has saved my days many times. On many cross country driving missions and being cooped up in the office all day, Through Being Cool always comes on Point...

I have been into punk, hardcore and metal my whole life, but i still have a soft spot for the poppy, sappy gents like Saves the day. I still listen to Green Day on the regular. I dont know if I would even consider STD emo, but there Grade A either way.

Mars Vulta...the countdown has begun...hope you didnt lose or sell my tickets Chip...

Archived