Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JesusMachine

Man dies after online game marathon

SEOUL, South Korea (Reuters) -- A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing online battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play on-line games on August 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.

Guest kasmoney

bout to be me with this new madden as soon as i get home fuck work fuck work fuck work fuck work

Originally posted by MaKeItHaPpEn@Aug 9 2005, 07:12 PM

i am seriously scared this is whats going to happen to my brother...

hahaha i feel the same way for a few of my buddies.

he definately isnt going to heaven. god be like:

"you died playing video games? nigga what? are you serious? get the fuck out my face man"

no I think this is a korean thing (no offense koreans)

when I played diablo2 I remember reading something about a korean who was found dead in his apartment 3 or 4 days later after he stopped showing up for work

this dudes life was work, go home and play diablo2, repeat: fuck sleeping or eating

Yeah man diablo 2 was addicting i used to play that shit on the regular.

Im glad i stopped playing that almost a year ago, i started right after it came out. What a horrible habit.

how does sitting on your ass for 50 hours straight kill you? this makes no sense. i'm sure any average 28yrold could go for 50 hours with no sleep or food or even water. it would suck, but i really dont think you'd die.

well maybe it was hot in the internet cafe and he got dehydrated? i dont know. somethings missing from this story.

like he weighed 640 lbs or something.

^

i don't think its one gaming binge that kills them man... imagine this guys lifestyle, he probably bangs out 50 hour sessions on the regular, but it finally caught up to his heart and other vital organs

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this