discussion on the nature of the creator of the heavens and earth

Dawood

i'm all for a good laugh, anyone who knows me, knows that. There are Muslim comics, as well as comics from other religions. Islam is not against laughing, I just don't find that funny. Jokes are cool with me, laughing is all good, it lightens the mood and makes life easier, but I think only people who don't beleive in God or have some fundamental problem with Jesus would think that was funny.

on a side note, fermentor, I saw a lil' throw up you did under a bridge on 95 next an ICH deadletter today.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? You sure it was me cause I don't remember doing anything like that. I need to write. All I do is sketch out different pieces onto stickers and try to put them up as much as possible during my day in the city. Good stickers, colored with Prismas and all intricate, but still just stickers.

I just think it's a really funny photo, I can see how it would be offensive but it's definitly not to me. I love Ghostbusters enough so that when I see a picture from that movie I usually laugh just remembering it. Plus, it's funny to think of a situation where since Jesus was supposedly ressurected after 3 days, he comes back and everyone freaks out and calls the Ghostbusters. I'm sure the big J would straighten things out.

Word, I had a priest in Catholic school that would collect Jesus jokes.

Seriously, Its important to have a good sense of humor even about things that may seem a but inappropriate. When I was in Yisheva there was a rabbi who would tell off color jew jokes. He was notirious for also telling long jokes with groaner punchlines. My favorite was this one:

So there was a man who loved classical music. His favorite composer was JS Bach. He longed to discuss music with him but since JSB was long dead it was frankly impossible. After many years the man decided that he was going to visit his grave and pay his respects. So he bought a ticket and went to visit his grave. When the man got to the cemetary it was already late and no one was around which suited the man nicely b/c he felt odd about the whole thing. He searched around for a while and finally found the grave. Next to the grave happened to be a shovel and the man who traveled so far thought to himself, "If I cant talk to him at least I can take a part of him back home with me."

So he decided to dig up JSB's grave. When he got to the coffin lid he lifted it up to find that there was a ladder leading down into a cave. So the man curious to see what was down there climbed down the ladder. When he got to the bottom he saw a man sitting by dim candle light at a piano. Upon getting closer he realised this was his idol, JSB! When he got even closer he saw that JSB was erasing notes on a music sheet, confused the man asked, "Maistro, What in heaven's name are you doing?!

To which JSB responded, "Why sir, Im decomposing."

Sorry, I just felt that I had to give an example and I like that joke alot. I thought it was clever.

Must be all the burning effigies of Pope Benedict.

ZING!

so im takin some intense classes this semester. i think im gonna make a thread about them. one about time. and one about analytic philosophy. is anyone interested. i dont really have an interest if no one will talk bout it? yay or nay? on each.

well an update, one of the classes is a bit more rigid than i thought it would be. the professor of the time class is less willing to extend the discussion beyond the direction of the readings. which is pretty weak in my opinion, especially at my school

the analytic phil, class however, is fuckin sweet. russel, frege, wittgenstein etc. def makin a thread about that one at some point.

okay...controversial thread...

Screw all those people who belive in god...well maybe not, but heres my points of view.

The human race has imagination, they have since the cave men. They dream things that aren't real, there are psychological conditions which make you hallucinate and yet things aren't really there. there is so much we dont know about the human brain.

But for ONE ALMIGHTY GOD to exist is pure bullshit. We have never seen him/her, we have NO proof at all that jesus turned water into wine, we have NO proof of anything. If people say well "THE BIBLE IS PROOF", take a good look at yourself. The bible has been interpreted into many languages, and over many religions...now whos GOD is real? GOD is ONLY a thing in our heads that we belive in so give us "hope" in our lives. There has been no proof that GOD has healed people, however I do not doubt that people have been healed ffrom seemingly uncureable diseases. As i stated before, we know virtuall nothing about our minds, or the universe for that matter.

There is more evidence to suggest that ESP, supernatural events occur, and aliens exist, than there is to suggest that GOD exists. There is more evidence to suggest that people also have such a big imagination, and by no stretch of the human race, people will always find something to belive in.

In The Matrix, Neo states that he does not belive in "fate" because he doesnt like the idea that he is not in control of his life. This is entirely true in the context. If GOD was real, why the hell are there SO MANY UNFORTUNATE PEOPLE in this world, who suffer so much pain, and die in horrible ways, and get tortured, and mutillated. What has GOD ever done for earth? what has GOD ever done? The answer is, HE HAS DONE NOTHING BECAUSE THERE IS NO GOD. its just a good luck sense. we belive in things to make ourselfs feel meaningful, and to give us hope. The only GOD that exists is the one in our heads.

For all those people that have read the book/series of 3 books that starts with "A child called It" you will know exactly what im talking about when I say, where was god for this child. And shit worse than this happenes all over the world.

People say that GOD cures them in churchs from uncurable diseases, well then where is GOD for all these unfortunate children in the world? where is GOD for those people that are starving to death? well id rather have an uncurable disease and live a happy life till I'm 25, than live 80 years living out of a bin, on the street, with no friends, growing up being tortured by my parents, being abused, being beaten up.

THERE IS NO GOD

ok, when I say "know God" I mean know what God has revealed to us as it relates to us, (let me be clear) because we can't ever know anything about God except what he revealed to the prophets and messengers and what they related to us about God.

As far as limiting God, Iwould only say about God what he says about himself or the prophet Muhammad said about him, point blank, so there is no chance of limiting God if you stick to the speech of God and his messenger

I agree with you about honoring the father, but my dad became very interested in what my son was saying and he was listening, if I detected that he was frustrated I wouldve stopped my son.

You dont know what he revealed to the prophets, no one does. havent you heard of any other religions?

You are correct, there is no chance of limiting god, or your imagination for that matter.

In The Matrix, Neo states that he does not belive in "fate" because he doesnt like the idea that he is not in control of his life. This is entirely true in the context. If GOD was real, why the hell are there SO MANY UNFORTUNATE PEOPLE in this world, who suffer so much pain, and die in horrible ways, and get tortured, and mutillated. What has GOD ever done for earth? what has GOD ever done? The answer is, HE HAS DONE NOTHING BECAUSE THERE IS NO GOD. its just a good luck sense. we belive in things to make ourselfs feel meaningful, and to give us hope. The only GOD that exists is the one in our heads.

Yes, well, fate turned out to be real for Neo. He was controlled by fate, whether he liked it or not.

he was not controlled. how do you mean. There was a prophecy that he would become "the One". which is a prediciton mind you. so it was not fate that led him to it. It was his belief. which is exactly my point. people belive in things so strongly that aren't real. this is what faith is. believing in something that there is no evidence to prove. otherwise it would be called, luck.

So...are we gonna make a thread about the matrix? it was just an example lol

for fucks sake. i dont give a fuck about the matrix. it was an analogy. i can say that every choice neo made was decided by the film director. but it MAY be bullshit. i was simpily using the story line plot. not some crap from a website.

now why are we on the topic of the matrix.

GOD DOES NOT EXIST! SIMPLE AS THAT! SAME AS A DILLUSION! ITS YOUR MIND THATS FUCKING AROUND WITH YOU!

for fucks sake. i dont give a fuck about the matrix. it was an analogy. i can say that every choice neo made was decided by the film director. but it MAY be bullshit. i was simpily using the story line plot. not some crap from a website.

now why are we on the topic of the matrix.

Yes, but your interpretation of the main plot was wrong and since you don't give a fuck about the Matrix then maybe you should use some more relavent sources with way more depth and conjecture.

Weeeelllll, they DID have "Simulacra and Simulacrum" prominently displayed in the first few minutes of The Matrix. The first was a great film, the rest, not so much. They had all this cool stuff they could have done with the story that they set up in Reloaded and did not follow through with at all.

Where's Dawood been?

Wow. why dont we make a new topic called. THE MATRIX. WHATS IT REALLY ABOUT!

lmfao. why do u say im wrong? its not an official site. I could make up a site called "jesus-explained.com" and there are probably millions of people that would belive my point of view, but that doesnt make it right.

Moving on. any other points why god would exist.

It depends on what you take god to be. Contemporary western expressions of "god" as categorically improbable to exist. But what of other meanings or understandings of the word? Spinoza felt that God was merely the realization of an infinite set of possibilities as played out through the existenceof the universe. There are tons of arguments for the existence of what some may call a god. Even in counter intuitive places. Look to nihilism to even bring one back to something like what Spinoza thought of. Nietzche's conception of christianity as nhilistic in nature, due to its denial of value to our metaphysical state, is seemingly devistating for believing in anything that sounds godlike. However, even he argues that in awareness of this lies a choice. That choice is seen as sort of a pragmatic director of our realities and lives. If our experience is truely subjective and self referential as Nietzsche sees it, then choice becomes the ultimate base of what we experience in reality and socially. If one believes in choice as directing of ones metaphysical reality and the personal interactions contained there in, then is it not practical to call that belief something like a belief in a god? Especially when taken in context to how Spinoza used the word. The specific difference is then the belief of choice as pragmatic to our experience in reality. Rather than having an objective God directing our conceptions of reality and what we experience in it, we are at the base of that reality.

Just wanted to play devil's advocate for a minute.

I had a lot more to say, but I need to get back to writing a paper.