Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Banksy hits the West bank

Originally posted by LENS@Aug 12 2005, 04:51 PM

Banksy should have done one with a bunch of naked women or an orgy going down on the other side

good one!

i think banksy is much more politically inclined than that...besides this perfectly illustrates why people in the middle east feel such disgust agasinst westerners. while they risk their lives on daily basis to stand up for the little freedoms they do have, all we can reply with is sexual fantasies!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tesseract+Aug 14 2005, 10:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tesseract - Aug 14 2005, 10:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-caffeine@Aug 7 2005, 02:13 AM

So,

they caught him in the act, and didn't arrest him?

He was on the Palestinian side critisizing israel. So the palestinians wouldnt care.

If we asume the wall is Israeli, it would start a diplomatic thriller if anything happened to a brit that just painted on the wall granted banksy made sure that thiw was all over the media.

but fuck all that,

Banksy is fuckin awesome.

[/b]

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you saying that the soldiers wouldn't have killed banksy b/c he is a British citizen, and it would have stirred up a media shitstorm? With the fact that it was night and probably would have been difficult to distinguish his nationality, and the recent events that surely have all soldiers on edge aside, here are some links that basically prove otherwise.

And that BARELY scratches the surface....needless to say the Israeli soldiers are beyond a little bit trigger happy. They shoot at anything that moves. Also, this is why I find it very hard to believe they only would only say "What the fuck are you doing?" So no one here has the full story I guess? Definitely a dope spot, idea, and well executed, but I am quite curious on how banksy avoided a few extra breathing holes.

"What fucking fascists those hypocrite jews are."

MY IRONY DETECTOR IS GOING HAYWIRE!!!!!!!!REEORREEEORREEEOR!!!

Originally posted by Baz00kaT00th+Aug 14 2005, 04:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baz00kaT00th - Aug 14 2005, 04:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LENS@Aug 12 2005, 04:51 PM

Banksy should have done one with a bunch of naked women or an orgy going down on the other side

good one!

i think banksy is much more politically inclined than that...besides this perfectly illustrates why people in the middle east feel such disgust agasinst westerners. while they risk their lives on daily basis to stand up for the little freedoms they do have, all we can reply with is sexual fantasies!

[/b]

glad to be living in the united states where I can buy a nudie mag and not get stoned to death for purchasing it thank you very much.

this perfectly illustrates why the united states thinks the middle east is so fucked. A woman so much as reveals an ankle over there and the village elders have her put into an industrial plastic shredder.

I think you're right MrJack, but that's because average Joe doing throwups or burners isn't socially/politically relevant.

Banksy's scenes are relevant to what's occuring. He put htought into what these images consisted of. Average Joe on the other hand...well, I can't say the same thing for the guy.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Aug 20 2005, 05:23 PM

I'd say so. Which is why...........

..........Banksy is awesome.

i just cant see him as being awesome...

you know when theres someone who is trying to hard to be or say something, their point just never comes across properly because of this...

arrgh, its fucking hard to explain yourself when youve just finished work and the time is 4.47 am.

hmm, this has just come to mind...

i know tonnes of writers who (for example) could have gone over and dropped a fucking nice burner along with a little (or big) thing or idea similar to banksy yet they would never have got the same attention. say a crew did a production with a theme similar to banksy's im sue there would have been multiple arrrests or shootings.

but its banksy, the media's standard first point of call (in the uk at least) when anything graff related comes up.

Israel could give a fuck about graffiti. Ya'll blabbing about how the IDF loves killing people, you dont know jack, I've lived there its nothing like this propaganda shit your spewing. You can go up to a solidier and ask them "can I paint this wall?" and they'll say "ok", and watch you. No one cares about graffiti when there are more pressing issues at hand such as islamic militants who want to blow themselves up and kill israeli civilians.

They probably took their safeties off because he refused to tell them what he was doing.

But of course he puts a negitive spin on the whole situation because thats why he went to israel.

Banksy, you're a publicity chasing whore.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by MAR@Aug 21 2005, 05:11 AM

Israel  Ya'll blabbing about how the IDF loves killing people, you dont know jack, I've lived there its nothing like this

/\huh. i took this cpr course yesterday. this hungarian chick there, told me her and her boyfriend lived there for 6 months and stated the

exact opposite of what your saying. and that everyone panic-strikken

from potential violence. i dont get it.

/\ your probably right there. who cares.

Originally posted by HATEBREEDER+Nov 1 2005, 07:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HATEBREEDER - Nov 1 2005, 07:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Aug 21 2005, 05:11 AM

Israel  Ya'll blabbing about how the IDF loves killing people, you dont know jack, I've lived there its nothing like this

/\huh. i took this cpr course yesterday. this hungarian chick there, told me her and her boyfriend lived there for 6 months and stated the

[/b]

I lived there for 2 years and lived and hung out with people who haved lived there all there lives and the threat of violence is in the back of everyones minds but we went on with our lives. Thats it. The attitude is if i go its sad but damned if i stay in my house crying and scared. If she thinks everyones panic stricken she must be crazy.

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by MAR+Nov 2 2005, 01:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MAR - Nov 2 2005, 01:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by HATEBREEDER@Nov 1 2005, 07:54 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Aug 21 2005, 05:11 AM

I lived there for 2 years and lived and hung out with people who haved lived there all there lives and the threat of violence is in the back of everyones minds but we went on with our lives. Thats it. The attitude is if i go its sad but damned if i stay in my house crying and scared. If she thinks everyones panic stricken she must be crazy.

[/b]

you lived in Israel, i'm guessing.