Banksy hits the West bank

JerryCurl

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with alot of peoples points here...

on both sides.

but i woudln't say he's an inventor, he's doing the same thing technically as 'artists' such as Blek Le Rat started with many many years ago, and Banksy's not even that technically good at cutting and painting stencils neither, if you compare him to alot of other stencil-dudes who produces all-most photographic-like "paintings" with tons of tons of layers and colours.

what i like about banksy is the thought he puts into his work, he does clever stuff on good spots(not necessary hardcore spots, but good spots), his messages is somewhat "deeper" than an average throwup or whatever, and he acctually manage to promote his stuff worldwide for free(?) by using the daily medias.

I dont rate him, or even consider him as a writer, but I do appriciate to see his stuff around!

if you dont like his work, fine by me, but credit should be given where credit's due, or whatever you englishmen say!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Shain Caw+Mar 16 2006, 10:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shain Caw - Mar 16 2006, 10:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LENS@Mar 15 2006, 05:50 PM

^^^

"TOY"

man, that word is getting so played out.

That's like calling someone a "Homo"

How lazy can you get?

Banksy is great...truly an innovator and world class artist.

Seriously dude, you'd be pissing yourself if you tried to put your whack ass handstyle up on that wall and you had 4-5 israeli commandos lining you up in their gunsights.

oh I'm so sorry, you sad little prick, what should I have called him then?

Maybe you're right though, he's not a writer so technically can't be a toy. Ooops, sorry Lens! I used 'toy' again!

He's an artist. He's definitely not a writer

Go back to wanking over his coffee table book you fucking arsehole. I bet you model your whole existance on this media-friendly sucker, don't you?

[/b]

jerkfactory.jpg

Oooo, i have been waiting to use this little baby

banksy kicks ass, hes done a piece on a cow that said "wildstyle", hes put a painting of somebody famous holding a can of spraypaint and in the background it said "no war" i think it was a president, i cant remember though, hes done some paintings where like its in the middle of a forest and it looks all peacefull, but then in the middle theres a huge pole with like 20 security cameras on it, go google his site, he has some pretty cool shit on there......

and to whoever said hes not a graffiti writer, he writes illegaly on walls, isnt that a graffiti writer? even if your a toy, if you write illegally on a wall, its called "graffiti writing" isnt it?

No matter how bad you are at it painting on a wall illegaly is still graffiti......

banksy is more an artist than writer but he is still fucking good as hell mans eriously is that sprayed or blown up photo's man it is really good better than your average tag but i'm no hater he is just in a different league to graffiti as in what he does is art not gaff

not necessarily. you kids have a lot to learn

you have jealous hater written all over you

wheres your shit up in the NY museum of modern art?

or your shit in the west bank?

nigga please!

banksy is awesome. he has the balls to do shit you wish you thought of first.

• 2 weeks later...
you have jealous hater written all over you

wheres your shit up in the NY museum of modern art?

or your shit in the west bank?

nigga please!

banksy is awesome. he has the balls to do shit you wish you thought of first.

You have no idea who I am or what I've done

Lots of love,

Shain Caw