Mike Swick [186] vs Gideon Ray [181]

Welterweight Bout

Kenny Florian [171] vs Alex Karalexis [170]

Date: 8/6/2006

Event Type: PPV Live

Time: 9:00 PM EST

Tickets |

Summary:

The Octagon ™ unleashes a fury when the Ultimate Fighting Championship ® (UFC ®) organization holds the first-ever “Ultimate Fight Night,” a nationally-televised event on Spike TV featuring fighters from the hit reality series “The Ultimate Fighter ™.” Stephan Bonnar, Sam Hoger, Alex Karalexis and Kenny Florian will be pitted against each other, and Chris Leben, Nate Quarry and Josh Koscheck will face-off with Patrick Cote, Pete Sell and Pete Spratt in a soon-to-be classic UFC event live on Spike TV from Las Vegas’ Cox Pavilion Saturday, August 6, 2005. The live action starts at 7:15 p.m. ET/4:15 p.m. PT and Spike TV’s cable telecast starts at 9 p.m. ET/PT(tape delay), Satellite is Live at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT

Predictions? comments?

i cant fucking wait to see this. I hope Sam, Kenny, and Koscheck get knocked the fuck out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Forrest Griffin was the dude who won the Light Heavyweight contract as well as Stefen Bonnar. Diego Sanchez won the middleweight contract, he's fighting in two weeks on PPV.

Anyone watching this Leben v. Cote fight? This is a good fight. Leben stepped his game up 5 fold.

Diego Sanchez is a homo, I really don't think hes that good of a fighter. We all know if he fought Leben in the finals of the show.. He wouldn't be anywhere right now except doing tai chi in the rain.

Leben really stepped shit up and really has a proper attitude now, like when Rogan asked him when does he think he'd be ready for a tittle match. Unlike some bumbling retarded answer like Forrest Griffin, he knew he had holes in his game that he needed to patch and knew that in 3 or 4 years he was gunning for number 1.

Yeah that Stefen Bonnar fight was a let down, I really expected a murder. But I guess he's one of those hit or miss kind of fighters.

On another note, how fucking badly is Chuck Lidell going to punish Randy Horn?

I mean Jeremy Horn is no one to sleep on, dude's had over 100 MMA fights, but c'mon can anyone hold a candle to Chuck Lidell right now?

Sylvia vs Telligman? No contest. 1st round KO I'm willing to put money on the Maine-iac.

This is going to become the Official UFC thread by the way.

This Ultimate Fight Night is a weekly thing ya? Mondays at 11 or some shit?

I used to buy BlackBelt magazine but skipped it this month

because Diego Sanchez was on the cover. I'm sorry, but I'm

not talking martial arts to be like that guy, nor do I feel that

he'd have much to teach me. Even in the show they played

him as some 'relective zen warrior' but that's total bullshit.

I think they should do an Ultimate Fighter show where the people

have had ZERO professional or amature fighting experience.

No record, and only basic martial arts or wrestling training.

That way the coaching would be way more important because

you see who could bring out the natural fighters in otherwise

'soft' people and see 'hard' people get their asses handed to them.

Guest platapie

yeah tehres new trainers and randy is gonna be the new willa ford. and they changed the games they play up like randy and dana white decided to chagne stupid log carrying events into some shit that will actully help a fighter. i missed the show on saturday but they replay it on thursday. as for the fighters diego sanchez is such a fucktard but he can scrap. but i do wanan see someoen punch is fuckign face in.

one of the new coaches for the show will be rich franklin..i forgot who the other guy is. theyr gunna have two new weight classes as well. from the commercials i saw, it looks as tho there will be some more fighters with bad tudes, and lots of drama.

and yes, diego is the biggest goof ball ever.

Leben > Diego

monday nights spike TV shows UFC Unleashed, which highlights some of the best fights in UFC history

last night they showed Lidell v Ortiz, Couture v. Rizzo and Lidell against some other guy.

all in all it was a good show, dont miss it. check your local listings.

i guess this thread will become the T.U.F.2 Discussion thread once that show gets rolling on the 22nd

• 1 month later...

better believe i caught tonights shit. Ultimate Knockouts was awesome as hell. Nice to see some old Tank Abbott stuff. Pure insanity.

The fight night live was good as well. very nice fights. Killer knees. Glad to see Koscheck get caught. Hes way too cocky sometimes, maybe thatll teach to be more careful

still havent seen TUF2 for tonight (taping it)

too bad Jorge lost his fight. i seriously thought hed go all the way, but i guess jason von flue just beat him to it. Cant wait to see the show develop