I can't watch movies anymore.......ranting about Hollywood (Long)

The Helacious Dr. Dazzle

Whenever I go to the movies, or watch a movie on TV, I can't help but realize how much bullshit it is. Unless it is a comedy, or a good fucking one like Pulp Fiction or Love, Honour & Obey(highly recommended by the way). I credit this inner-revelation to always going to the movies stoned. This is how I began to see the truth.

First of all, there is the issue of money. How much money is just thrown away in this industry? Next time you go to the movies, take a look around at all the shit that surrounds you. Up here, we have a theatre with a 20-foot high Mummy that breathes fire. Fuck. And how much did this new theatre cost? $32 MILLION. And they actually advertised it like they were proud of this fact. That's $30 a person in the city. I would rather have $30 to spend on my own rather than have another theatre to watch shit movies. This is why I go out of my way to get into movies for free. My friends and I devise ways in which we can, and all have proven fool-proof.

Then there's cost of the actual movies themselves. $150 million to make a movie that will prbably only be out for 3 weeks before it goes to the video store and into obscurity. Wow, that was money well spent. How these "celebrities" have the audacity to go to places like Africa and look these starving kids in the eye when they demand $30 million to "star" in some shitty film is beyond me. And then they say they're going on strike becuase they want more money. You whinny, greedy, selfish fuck-heads. Do these people really think that joe-public is going to give a shit if he can't go and see the latest Sandra Bullock movie? It'll just give people a reason to NOT go to the movies, and therefore realize how pointless they really are.

Staying with actors, I don't know about anyone else, but for me, whenever I watch a movie I can tell that it is acting. I mean, I never become immersed in the story or anything, all I focus on is the acting and how bad it is. I'll give props to stage actors. That shit takes talent, and balls. But movie acting can be done by any dumb asshole. It takes no special talent. Get infront of a camera and rehearse the lines that this dumbass-who-thinks-he's-important wrote for you. Wow. That's really hard.

Actors are spoiled rich kids from the beginning. They are the people who want to be actors so that they can stay in their fantasy-world of not having to do any work and still be rich. Only rich people can afford to send their kids to "acting schools" and shit like that. So these kids waste their childhood trying to become someone who they believe people will love. Fuck you. All actors/actresses are pretentious cunts. If I see one on the street I will hurl abuse at them as they walk with some bodyguard. Why? Because these people are so high-and-mighty that they think that someone will try and kill them or something, they have to have someone to protect them? What the hell do they think is going to happen? Do they really think that people will actually give a fuck? You just look like the stupid phony you are.

There are countless other things that I despise about Hollywood and the movie industry as a whole. Critics, Writers, Producers, everything. I'll admit, being an actor/actress in the 30 or 40's was something prestiguous. That's because they made sur that they put out good, or at least decent movies. Nowadays we are swarmed with shit. I have no respect for anyone involved in Hollywood. None at all.

I don't know why I decided to sit here and write about this. I could seriously go on fo hours (I have done before). If you've read this whole thing, then I can only assume you feel the same way. If not, you may disagree with things I've said, but then you're just another one of the "Hollywood Sheep".

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

95% of hollywood is crap. i dissagree with your statement that acting in movies takes no talent. movies piss me off to no end. if its not mind numbingly good, its fucking crap. well, i guess thats the way i think about everything, but whatever. EAT A DICK HOLLYWOOD!!

we sure showed them didnt we. .. . .

some of them kinda need bodyguards. because idiot fans like kill them or something. i saw something on tv about how some guy got so obsessed with some girl on tv that he killed her or something. it was in the 80's i think. oh well. you're right about movies being way too much money etc. but if you think about it music is the same way.

underground music is usually better because there isn't all the money in there corrupting it and they aren't putting it out to make money. they're putting it out because they love it. so indy films are usually the best, but i think you acknowledged that in your ramblings somewhere, about how Pulp Fiction was good or something. i'm done now.

Watching movies is GREAT stoned, especially when you notice all the little things that make the movie REALLY fake and lame, that you wouldn't notice otherwise (not stoned.)

Try watching the Home Shopping Channel (network) one day, stoned, you will see how many mistakes, and how fake these fuckers are. Its mind boggling how much shit you notice...

Its great to hear a fake customer testimony, with all the distortion included , just to make it sound real...to see the bitch shuffling her script, and being on the wrong side of the page reading the wrong shit for the wrong product...

Well it's good to know that there are others out there who feel the same way as I do. Metallix is right, watching movies stoned makes you realize how bad and fake this shit is. I half expect one of those big fluffy microphones to dip down from the top of the screen.

I also agree with Comp about the music industry. It's the same too. The best bands/groups/solo artists aren't on MTV or VH1. They show the crap that is put together by big, fat execs, who have no interest in music, but just money. And they all are mind-numbingly bad. I was reading Rolling Stone on my break today. Didn't this magazine used to be a way of letting us read up about our favourite BANDS, ones that actually have talent? All it is now is sparkles and glitter. Image is everything nowadays. Nobody is in it for the music. All these high-priced, glossy photo-shoots with pounds of makeup caked on them. John Lennon would roll around in his grave......

Man, a lot of things piss me off...........:mad: :mad:

Archived