posion ivy

Frate_Raper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had this shit BAD a couple of years back, all over my arms and legs, had this one HUGE blister that was the size of a dime that would ooze puss all over. I was taking hot baths and showers and had tons of calamine lotion all over, nothing helped. I had to go to the doctor and was prescribed some steroids that help to stop poison ivy, it cleared up pretty quickly after that except for some temporary scarage.

When I had it I was on the train and some guy was telling me that when he had poison oak he would actually cut off the blisters from his skin to make it go away. Crazy shit. If you JUST got it don't take a hot shower because it will open up your pores and spread. And whatever clothes or shoes you were wearing I'd throw away because the oil from the plant can stay potent for months afterwards and you might put on that pair of shoes and get it all over again.

Originally posted by Glik0@Aug 1 2005, 08:40 PM

dude, blacks can get poison ivy too.

lagga head.

fall back kid and peep the true story, hev a youngster (70s) got into a NON-gay tussle with some fools in the woods by the underage drinking spot, next day they all had poison Ivy, but not hev. Conclusion? Hevs blackness fought the Poison ivy. hevs blackness Ko'd the IVy; while the honkys were laid up for weeks.

its melononononon thing kid, dont be mad.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by heavyLox+Aug 1 2005, 10:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (heavyLox - Aug 1 2005, 10:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Glik0@Aug 1 2005, 08:40 PM

lagga head.

fall back kid and peep the true story, hev a youngster (70s) got into a NON-gay tussle with some fools in the woods by the underage drinking spot, next day they all had poison Ivy, but not hev. Conclusion? Hevs blackness fought the Poison ivy. hevs blackness Ko'd the IVy; while the honkys were laid up for weeks.

[/b]

some people are not allergic to the oil. i don't get poison ivy, but i sure as hell get poison oak. i did read somewhere that fat canadians that love teal blue and terracotta are indeed the most prone to getting it.

Originally posted by heavyLox+Aug 1 2005, 11:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (heavyLox - Aug 1 2005, 11:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Glik0@Aug 1 2005, 08:40 PM

lagga head.

[/b]

dude some people just dont get a reaction to poison ivy.

It's not because of your birth defect.

But it aint a ting bhuttu, ya heckle mi.

Yo fat canuks, normaly eat posion ivy as a garnish right,but I've cast the shackles and gone on the worst path to choose up here fella......I don't drink nor do I eat the ivy!I got this shit from the waist down so blacks CAN GET IT!

Yo seriously I'm going to the doctor,I'd rather have a broken wang then this shit.

AND BMC you'd better bring me teal,terra and LEAFY GREEN AA.

Between graffiti and riding dirt trails I have Poison Ivy about 3x a year,

As someone said before,

it actually works to remove the blister from your body by carefull scratching or burning,

then douching the open wound with alcohol...It's most quick, but it's most painful.

Most important is not to spread it,

if you scratch it raw, then wash everything with alcohol...

Whenever you get the chance, wash it with alcohol...

Change your wash cloth and towel EVERYDAY...

And the BEST thing is to cover yourself with baby powder as often as possible,

or at least after every time washing the rash with the alcohol..

-

Some other reasonable soothing and curing measures...

toothpaste on the rash to dry and protect it

benedryl pills for the itch

Benedryl itch stopping gel

Aveeno bath

Calamine lotion

Cortizone cream

Tea Tree Oil

Witchhazel if you can't stand Alcohol (but it's not as effective)

and GET OUT IN THE SUN with that shit~!

it's the absolute best thing you can do, and will work quicker and easier than anything else.

Guest HESHIANDET

other move is when you've been bush wacking is to wash your body in the shower w/ dish soap. if you do that within like 5 or 6 hours of rednecking in the woods you wont get it.

i got it on my ears, face, neck, chest, dick, nuts, legs, feet, and ankles and boy does it suck... everyone that doesn't have to deal with this feel priveleged and everyone that does GOTO A DOCTOR... seriously unless you can get by with benadryl, the doctor'll give you something stronger (prednisone in my case) and it'll make you a little edgy, but the itch will be gone... just make sure that you taper off correctly, cause i didn't and it came back twice as strong in a week. that's all. peace.