Meeting people from the internet

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on 12oz I havent really met anyone..but I know a few..Prof. poopatronic for one...I think I have met PGW..a friend used to post on here BEDAZZELD (he got me on to 12oz)

As for meeting people for the fisrt time off the net...the ONLY time was just this may..I was talking to a guy off myspleen.net about metal and sutch..mentioned I was going to the maryland deathfest and he said he was as well.

so we made shure to dress like normal people instead of metal heads (I never have looked like a metal head...dont want to)so we could find each other .

he wore an orange Tshirt and his asian girlfriend wor this cool anime shirt and me and my buddy were in shorts and tshirts...so we found eachother real quick in a sea of black stenceled shirts/spikes/mohawks and nasty leather clad ugly girls.

well they turned out to be really cool and we hung out and made fun of bands for about 7 hours.

his asian girlfriend was really short (and cute) so when pig destroyer came on she wanted to see them...she sat on our shoulders like a little kid..uuugh it was cute and funny.

all the myspace meetups are people that know me..but I dont know them...it kind of wierds me out

Originally posted by Glik0+Aug 2 2005, 04:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Glik0 - Aug 2 2005, 04:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ElectricitySucks@Aug 1 2005, 11:50 PM

met tyler durden like 5 years ago online from his friend who knew me somehow then ended up meeting each other like 3 years ago, same thing with this other kid/writer who turned out to go to my highschool, and thats it. i refuse to "meet" people from myspace and shit like that...too weird. if i want to meet you in person, i will.

I have a feeling we met one time. Possibly at a party for a mutual friend's clothing company.

[/b]

i wasnt there...but i have just been informed your from WP, we went looking for you one day to paint last summer but you were going to class or something. that day was so fucking weird anyway.

I've net a bunch of people from the internet. None of them from 12oz. I used to be real big into IRC and shit like that. I've met the craziset mother fuckers on earth.

First time I was like 15 and the guy I'm meeting calls me up to ask for directions. I ask him how will I know his car and he goes "the front end is a little dented" He pulls into my driveway about half an hour later, his car is crashed the fuck up and still smoking. There's another one of my buddies in the back who he came with who told me that the guy was downing 40s and tossing them out the window on the highway and got into a hit and run on the way to my house. So I get into his car and the whole backseat is filled with burget king wrappers and trash and his stereo system is a lil boombox sitting on the floor.....that mother fucker eventually moved to alaska and went to jail for credit card fraud. He now runs an arcade.

Another time I went to this thing in the scariest part downtown detroit. It was this lil internet conference at some old ass hotel that had a goth club on the first floor, and about 5 floors were abandoned with broken glass and garbage everywhere. I heard that those floors were supposed to be Hoffa's old bar/lounge. Anyway, the rest of the hotel was being rented out as apartment and we met some creepy pedophile dude who invited us all into his apart and showed us the weed he was growing in his bathtub. He starts to smoke us all out and turns on the pink panther music and I got the fuck out of there.

I got a million stories this these....most of the internet kids I've met have been straight up criminals or the craziest people I've ever met.

As far as girls go, they never look like their photo. The find the hottest photo of them..from like 4 years ago and post it. Then when you meet up w/ them they got different hair color, they gained a bunch of weight and you feel like a sucker for falling for their tricks. For real....do you want to get with a girl who can't get a date in real life?

Originally posted by MrChupacabra+Aug 2 2005, 05:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrChupacabra - Aug 2 2005, 05:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fermentor666@Aug 1 2005, 05:55 PM

I met MrChupacabra and he wouldn't stop hitting on me..

If i remember correctly it was more just EyeForAnEye making strange calls such as refering to a girls vagina as "muppet mouth" and me taking pictures where i look mentally retarded. I also lost a whole lot at tony hawk 4 and had a fire escape fall down like 10 feet while i was climbing up it.

Besides those two i've met Rage and Key3 and i'll be meeting a whole lot more of you folks in the very near future.

[/b]

Yeah, it's not an official visit unless you get your ass whooped in Tony Hawk.

Originally posted by hopeizm+Aug 2 2005, 04:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hopeizm - Aug 2 2005, 04:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pinup@Aug 2 2005, 11:04 AM

I've met some heads since i set out for London.... b0b, se4, freeque and possibly others.

Haha poor you!.....nah he's a good guy really

[/b]

as long as he's not redesigning your floor with vomit, right ?

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks@Aug 2 2005, 11:29 AM

i wasnt there...but i have just been informed your from WP, we went looking for you one day to paint last summer but you were going to class or something. that day was so fucking weird anyway.

ahh yes, that whole fucking summer sucked. You guys called me just as I was getting ready to head back for my second shift at work.

oh man... where would i begin.. im such a nerd.

firstoff, i met my first serious (and long distance) girlfriend online in an aol chat room when i was like 15. lame! ends up i moved in with her when i turned 18. she was 16 when i moved into her and her parents house in new jersey. we slept in the same bed and everything. her parents didnt care at all. they even paid half when we bought our car. i lived there for 9 months and never paid rent or any money at all for groceries. interesting experience living and going to high school with your girlfriend.

when in jersey i met 12oz user: beardo and we skated love park. it was cool. he was cool.

met 12 oz users: MisP and RAGE for a trip exploring the abandoned lakeland mental hospital in jersey. that was one of the best days ever. i'll never forget that. we explored all 6 floors and most of the basement too.

had some fat goth chick come over that i met off a local myspace-ish page. she looked hotter in the photos. she came right in and we went to my room to watch some sci fi movie and then hung out and she left.

i got an internship (and later a job) from emailing a guy drawings i did. moved out to santa cruz twice for the internship and job. it all started from one email. i was on the other side of the country.

met some underaged (didnt know she was 17 at the time) girl on the itnernet. i was 20 at the time. she had JUST turned 17. she was asian and had braces. we kinda dated for a few months but things didnt work out. good in bed though. the guy she dated after me gave her herpes. but im clean! close call...

met current girlfriend off of myspace by accident...

i cound go on and on...

current project: meeting russian women online cause its funny. TA-DOW!

Guest beardo

i bought a consolidated deck that mr mang did the graphics for at one of our love park skate dates. that was probably the best board i ever had, no joke.

Originally posted by beardo@Aug 2 2005, 06:30 PM

i bought a consolidated deck that mr mang did the graphics for at one of our love park skate dates. that was probably the best board i ever had, no joke.

do you still skate love?

you know you can still buy black concave boards... im doing another series in the next month or so.

I remember back when I was like, 14, I didn't even have a computer, let alone the internet, but my rich friend did, and he wanted me to go with him to meet these two girls he'd been talking to at the mall. After guarantees that these girls were not only hot, but would perform sexual acts on us, I reluctantly agreed to go, only to find that one of the girls weighrd about 400 pounds and looked like she was 30, and the other was this super tall, toothpick thin raver chick. The look of disappointment on my friend's face when he asked them if they were them will stick with me forever.....

We went to see a movie, hardly said a word to them, and then got the fuck out of there.

I once went with a friend of mine to meet two girls he was talking to on Aim or Msn or whatever. He showed me pictures and everything and it all seemed like good times ahead. Then we actually meet up with them and the pictures they had sent were Obviously not of themselves, one of em is grossly fat and looks like a beachball and the other is just plain ugly. And to top it all off they were atleast 2 years younger than they were claiming...... Weak

honestly. how can you guys meet girls off of myspace? is it me, or is it just weird? how do you go about even meeting someone you dont even know off of myspace in the first place? is just when you slutmonsters add you for no reason? what the fuck. i do not speak out of jealously, i speak out of pure confusion. i know ugly girls that make themselves look bangable on myspace and that shit creeps me out. i think some of you people spend too much time on your computers.

I'm affected to an extent on the subject. I need to mention in the beginning that I'm not part of the younger generation and that makes this even more thought provoking. Why do I feel as though I need to contribute my thoughts to the collection? Simply, because during the past few days I've spent a lot of time trying to think what could have happened to me. First the plain facts. I was doing research on the net for my work (of course, that's what everybody would say), when by accident I came upon the TTC Chat. There is no explanation why, but I logged in. Even choosing a nick was as simple as if I were an old pro. It appears that perhaps it worked too well. I thought I was seeing things, within minutes I found myself 4-5 chat partners. Naturally, they were all students. I must admit I've thoroughly enjoyed my abrupt popularity as it came to me unexpectedly. One of the usual questions of ‘how old are you’ I naturally put 52. When I see it written down it stuns even myself because I don't feel that old, but facts are stubborn things. It turned out that exactly the opposite happened from what I had expected. The majority of the girls asked me for a date and then something that even today I can't find an explanation for. I've exchanged e-mail addresses with one of the girls and we actually met. Naturally my wife didn't know about this.

Since I was facing something unexplainable I thought a great deal about the situation of meeting people on the internet. What is it that makes the chat so exciting, so magical? We can meet people on the street, at clubs and several other opportunities. As a common denominator of all of these is the fact that we base these meetings on exterior, on how we look. Contrary to this on the net, at least in the beginning, the exterior may be ignored although this also must bring some element of excitement. By the time things reach the meeting stage the interior has projected through the letters and shifts the point of view. It is this chance that is not given in a real situation versus a virtual one.

All young men and women have an ideal that they would like to conquer, but in most cases this does not happen. Unfortunately, ideals are few and far between. Most people are not as attractive as the models smiling from the pages of magazines or the stars of TV soaps. If we look back in history, we'll find that this existed for most of humanity.

From the masculine perspective the scheme is simple: power and money attract women and men somehow want to conquer what appears to be their ideal in beauty. Even people who have physical flaws do not dream about a mate with similar problems. I'm merely guessing here although there are examples to back me up in world literature: Cirano, Quasimodo to mention the most famous. Finally, with little exception, everyone meets his/her match. The system must be working because the race had not died out. Looking at the divorce statistics we see that it is not working perfectly, but perhaps many marriages would never have taken place had the emotional differences surfaced earlier on in the relationship. You could cite here that even longer marriages end in divorce. There must be other reasons for these break ups, but those that lasted for short years or merely months are marriages that would never have made it in this fashion. In my opinion this is what the net has a perspective in.

The fantastic thing about the net is that the complex we develop about our exterior does not inhibit the spirit from developing. This conviction is strengthened in me when I read the articles that have appeared in this column. In the worst case scenario when the physical appearance is completely different from the imagination, you've still made a friend. That is no small feat these days. It is probably not important for you to know the continuation of my story, I’ll just say that I think it is perhaps time for me to read Faust once more.