Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ODS-1

Got Damn laser mouse

my mom got one of those optical mice from her work and they suck ass. The thing is all over the place. What's a good mouse, every one I get sucks.

Originally posted by ODS-1@Jul 28 2005, 07:50 PM

my mom got one of those optical mice from her work and they suck ass. The thing is all over the place. What's a good mouse, every one I get sucks.

you need to uhh change the sensitivity i guess.

They also fuck up on wood surfaces, or glass. But i would say theyre way better than trakball. For reals. Get a mouse pad if all else fails with sensitivity and stuff.

mine works fine. its from microsoft.

i would suggest using a mouse pad if you dont, too.

I'm using the cheapest off-brand optical mouse I could find on a lacquered wood surface and I don't have any problems with it, even playing twitchy videogames. What brand are you using?

I've always had horrible luck with logitech mice for some reason. Microsoft or Generic mice work better for me.

The brand of my laser mouse is "acer", came with the computer and it is pretty good, the only problem with it is that the scroller ball thing on it doesn't work.

I'm so disappointed. When the fortune teller told me in 84 that we'd have laser mice one day i imagined some real mice shooting lasers out their eyes.

^^ Yeah i got one of those, but at work ive got one with a scroll wheel inbetween two buttons, and that scroll wheel is the tits. Mainly just for scrolling the page.

and Ive had problems with logitec as well.

Originally posted by igor@Jul 29 2005, 07:24 AM

I'm so disappointed. When the fortune teller told me in 84 that we'd have laser mice one day i imagined some real mice shooting lasers out their eyes.

Thank you. I had quite a laugh.

i have never had a problem with optical mice. you can drag it through gravel and not have a problem navigating. maybe yours is broken.

Just gotta fuck with the sensitivity.

I have mine on wood and its always worked fine.

If you're having a problem drawing on the computer via mouse, turn the sensitivity alllllll the way down. It's like a trackball.

It's just got the company's (the one that my mom works at) name on it. So I'm assuming it's some generic ass brand they bought in bulk. Sometimes it zooms all over the place, but it really doesn't move right alot. Alot of times it will make me click on the wrong thing.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this