So I bought tickets to Burning Man 2005 (and fronted on making a picture thread)

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: So I bought tickets to Burning Man 2005,

ill be there again for 2006.

the heat isnt too bad, the dust can be really bad if it gets windy enough and it hasnt rained in a few weeks. the dryness never really bothered me, but i do live in nevada so i might just be used to it.

i plan on going this year. i guess the plan atm is take a bus, paint it with a bunch of hippies, drive down to northen cali for a stop in a certain county know for its uh.... trees. then drive over to the black rock desert for a week of sleeping in hammocks, dust storms, and art.

i will be staying in my city working my 9-5 and drinking large amounts of alcohol to numb the pain of cold-hard realization that in order to support the family i have created, i must willingly slave my life away... 8.5 hours at a time.

DAMN IT MAMMS!!!!!!! WHERE THE FUCK IS THE 05 THREAD AT??????

i plan on going this year. i guess the plan atm is take a bus' date=' paint it with a bunch of hippies, drive down to northen cali for a stop in a certain county know for its uh.... trees. then drive over to the black rock desert for a week of sleeping in hammocks, dust storms, and art.[/quote']

humbolt is over rated, if thats where you are talking about. make a stop in truckee

ill be there again for 2006.

the heat isnt too bad, the dust can be really bad if it gets windy enough and it hasnt rained in a few weeks. the dryness never really bothered me, but i do live in nevada so i might just be used to it.

Yeah, I live in ultra humidity, so dry weather kills me. No amount of lotion and chapstick was enough to counter it, by the end of the week my lips looked like they got hit by the herpes truck, and pretty much every part of my body with a fold in it (behind the knee, inside the elbow, etc) was either split open or on the verge of it. It was all worth it.

I probably need to take better care of myself next time around. I drank a lot of water and had a Camelbak with me at all times, but definitely not enough, cause I was too busy drinking booze. And my diet was pretty lousy as well, mostly beef jerky and chunky soup.

when i worked at the store...i talked to some hippie chick that was going to it...she was hella excited about it and said she goes every year....def not my type...she was too hippied out..hair under her arms and everything...if i wanna see weird hippie chicks....ill just make a trip to haight/ashbury...word

Hippies don't build driveable 50-foot fire-breathing dragons.

Hippies don't set up a giant trampoline full of pillows for the most awesome pillow fight in the universe.

Hippies don't turn a school-bus into a full size desert-sailing pirate ship with wenches.

Hippies don't build a Thunderdome and bash each other's skulls in with fire swords.

Hippies don't set up a Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro where you can enjoy the wonders of murdering a Barbie doll while savoring some first-class wine.

The whole hippie stereotype is overhyped. It's just completely fucking crazy people, some of them just happen to be hippies.

Guest spectr

Hippies don't build driveable 50-foot fire-breathing dragons.

Hippies don't set up a giant trampoline full of pillows for the most awesome pillow fight in the universe.

Hippies don't turn a school-bus into a full size desert-sailing pirate ship with wenches.

Hippies don't build a Thunderdome and bash each other's skulls in with fire swords.

Hippies don't set up a Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro where you can enjoy the wonders of murdering a Barbie doll while savoring some first-class wine.

The whole hippie stereotype is overhyped. It's just completely fucking crazy people, some of them just happen to be hippies.

wait hippies do all of the above and more...

I don't know what kind of hippies they have around your neck of the woods then.

Listen dude, Mutant Fest sounds fun, no doubt. But if I'm gonna be spending a decent amount of money flying out of Puerto Rico, I wanna go to an completely alien environment (there's plenty of forests here) where nearly 40,000 people have built an entire temporary city with camps and installations worth several times my yearly salary. There's a massiveness and a magnitude to it that Mutant Fest can only hope to accomplish (and it probably doesn't want to), and honestly, all I've read about Mutant Fest sounds like a Burning Man wannabe, as if somebody got pissed at what Burning Man was turning into and then decided to have his own little less-structured Burning Man in the forest. Which is I'm sure is still fucking fun as hell, but I'll stick with the original for now, thanks. Maybe in the future when I'm living in the states or something and I can afford going there for much cheaper. For now, BM provides the most bang for the buck.

Guest spectr
I don't know what kind of hippies they have around your neck of the woods then.

Listen dude, Mutant Fest sounds fun, no doubt. But if I'm gonna be spending a decent amount of money flying out of Puerto Rico, I wanna go to an completely alien environment (there's plenty of forests here) where nearly 40,000 people have built an entire temporary city with camps and installations worth several times my yearly salary. There's a massiveness and a magnitude to it that Mutant Fest can only hope to accomplish (and it probably doesn't want to), and honestly, all I've read about Mutant Fest sounds like a Burning Man wannabe, as if somebody got pissed at what Burning Man was turning into and then decided to have his own little less-structured Burning Man in the forest. Which is I'm sure is still fucking fun as hell, but I'll stick with the original for now, thanks. Maybe in the future when I'm living in the states or something and I can afford going there for much cheaper. For now, BM provides the most bang for the buck.

the hippies i know are ruthless crazy mother fuckers..

and i feel ya i did burning man a few years ago and have watched it go downhill, and yeah mutant fest is a burning man wannabe in a way, but i find it to be much more fun...

oh yeah watch out for that hoffman at burning man unless you want to lose yourself for a few days....

Yeah, I live in ultra humidity, so dry weather kills me. No amount of lotion and chapstick was enough to counter it, by the end of the week my lips looked like they got hit by the herpes truck, and pretty much every part of my body with a fold in it (behind the knee, inside the elbow, etc) was either split open or on the verge of it. It was all worth it.

I probably need to take better care of myself next time around. I drank a lot of water and had a Camelbak with me at all times, but definitely not enough, cause I was too busy drinking booze. And my diet was pretty lousy as well, mostly beef jerky and chunky soup.

i find mosturizing lotion, as gay as it might sound, helps with that if you put some on everynight before i go to sleep. after you are in the tent that is, otherwise you will for sure get covered in a fine layer of dust.

...Morning Coffee Enema

Enemas have been a part of human history for thousands of years. Drop by and have a cup of coffee with us. The Best Part of waking up is coffee up your butt. Explore the sensuality and Heal this most over-looked and under-rated Chakra (Power Center). Look for us on Uranus @ 9:00

the best part of waking up is coffee in your butt... sorry had to bump that for lolski's