So I bought tickets to Burning Man 2005 (and fronted on making a picture thread)

Guest imported_El Mamerro

shit man burning man is all custied out now adays try muntant fest in oregon you missed it but next year its similar but free but burning man is fun and i hope you like to trip your balls off you will be doing lots of it there dont drink the oj or kool aid or anything else random someone trys to give you

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Zack Morris@Sep 7 2005, 05:23 PM

Something tells me that this blew mam's mind

Yes.

By far, the single most fucking insane experience of my entire life. And I only probably experienced around 10-15% of it.

I have over 400 pictures and videos, so it's gonna take a while to prepare the photo thread... but rest assured, it will come.

ill give you some first hand burning man tips, iv been the last 3 years.

1. bring lots of water, you will need it mostly to drink, since you will be in the middle of a desert and exposed the the sun a;; day everyday. you will also want it for showering/washing yourself and dishes.

2. bring somthing that completely covers your face but still alows you to see. there WILL be a dust storm when you are there and if your face isnt coverd, you WILL NOT be able to see or breath outside.

3. if you want to make life easier, only open your door/tent/whatever you are staying in when absolutly nessisary, dust can and will get in anything and everything, so unless you like sleeping in a dusty bed, keep that shit sealed off as good as you can.

4. keep an open mind. you will see some real wierd shit, some will be good, some will be bad.

5. take an old junker bike if you can. the total area of the burning man site is as big as a small city, its alot of area to cover on foot, and bikes make for a lot of fun there anyways.

6. dont be afraid to to dress up in costume or just walk around naked, alot of people do it, just be ready to have your pictur3e taken if you do.

7. dont brink your expensive cameras, bring disposable film cameras, becase the dust WILL fuck up your camera. if you do bring a digital camera, be sure to have a air tight container to keep it in, and only take it all the way out when taking a picture requires it.

8. bring alcohol or whatever your favorite drugs is, they make make a great trading item on the burning man bartering markter, dont sorry so much aout mony, you can trade shit for almost anything on the playa.

9. if the police tell you do do somthing, or not do somthing, listen to them. they are real officers of the law, and they can and will throw your ass in jail in the middle of nevada, and you dont want to be there, trust me.

10. be ready to have a really good time, and keep a real open mind towards everyone. talk to as many people as you can and be as open to everyone you come acrossed ass you can. give people a few minutes before you judge them.

good luck on your first burning man experience.

ill see you out there, ill be under the big ass brown tent serving up our homemade moonshine out of our screen printed burning man shot glasses

I see mammero is in the zero so I'm gonna bump this.

I met a guy last week who went to burning man too, and since you can only buy ice or coffee, everyone brought stuff to trade. This guy brought a massive ammount of quesadilla ingredients and fixin's, and just used that to barter whatever he needed. I think that's pretty fucking awesome.

^Hahaha, hell yeah it is...

I kept wracking my head over what I would take to barter with, and never came up with anything. I was really relieved to see that the economy has moved a bit away from bartering and more into just gifting, where most people don't really expect to be given anything in exchange and are actually quite relieved about it, cause it's less annoying little trinkets and stickers to worry about. We anyways always went around with a couple of extra beers in our backpacks to offer to those who hooked us up. We scored pretty damn good on Friday, when some guy who was leaving came up and said "Hey, you guys want some beer?" and we were like "Hell the fuck yeah, man", and dude proceeds to dump 3 cases of Budweiser into our cooler cause he didn't know what to do with them. We gave a bunch of those away and got some love.

Yo dosoner, I think I got my hands on one of those screenprinted shot glasses somehow... I'll post a pic soon to confirm. I'm happy to say that I followed every one of your tips to a T, with the exception of the bike (tried like crazy to score a bike on the drive up there, no dice), and had a blast. Good looking out.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by cloner@Sep 29 2005, 01:11 PM

he didnt even go. fucking faker.

You tell me. Patience, you fuckers. I'm not making a half-ass standard photo thread for the best week I've ever had.

whoa.jpg.2058e47e9bad112a2ca77412cff2e0ae.jpg