Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dark City is the best sci-fi film I've ever seen. Unfortunately the director went on to direct some real crap recently.

I liked THX-1138 a lot. It's real slow moving...but really excellent visuals. I think Lucas was real young when he did it. He made a short film version of it at USC.

Originally posted by Glik0@Jul 28 2005, 03:50 AM

Also check out, The Gods Must Be Crazy?

haha hell yea... one of my all time faves..

they came out with 2 and three a little later as well 3 wasnt as good as 1 and two though..

and if anybody doesnt mind streaming movies.

azntv.com......no its not trannys

on the real..pretty much all top shelf asian movies in all genres

suicide club is in there as well as battle royal 1&2..a few good anime shows as well..

cashern.....if you aint seen it your missing out

Originally posted by Seldoon@Aug 16 2005, 09:43 AM

I get the Azntv channel at home. I watch it from time to time. Some decent shit will popup on there occassionally.

That station is pretty dope,they've got atlast one worthwhile flick a week~news from across asia,good series' and subtitles every show.

I've got put on to alot of great movies from there~

This one , this week,

Christmas_in_August.jpg

"Christmas In August"

peep the trailer for Night Watch I just read a review for it and it is supposed to be ill....

seriously? but they dubbed it like that French movie, High Tension.

that's bogus.

studios are so incredibly obsessed with finding the next Matrix that they're looking to other continents... and dubbing their movies?

it's like they have a checklist.

retarded fantasy plot? check

dark? check

dystopian metropolis of the future, complete with decrepit architecture, and teeming with antagonists/guys to beat up? check.

protagonist has attitude, moxie, and physical prowess? check.

CGI? fucking CHECK.

Fox Searchlight isn't bringing a Russian movie to American audiences out of any passion for film, that's for sure. so i guarantee this movie goes the way of Underworld and other highly-hyped and unmemorable releases from shitty studios and shitty directors.

but for real...

Established in 1994 as the independent arm of Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures is a filmmaker-oriented company, creating distinctive films helmed by world-class auteurs and exciting newcomers. By blending specialty releases with trademark arthouse fare, Fox Searchlight’s leadership has solidified its position in the independent film marketplace.

everyone's trying to be fucking Miramax circa Pulp Fiction, with their "independent arm." "trademark" arthouse fare? what the fuck?

A:"what do you have planned for tonight?"

B:"oh, i'm going to see an arthouse movie."

A:"that should be offbeat and quirky."

B:"no doubt, i'm cultured, i read TIME magazine. i just hope it's not like a movie by Jim Jarmusch or John Waters. what fags, am i right?"

A:"haha, TOTALLY!"

anyway, i've totally lost track of what my point is, but don't see this fucking movie.

P.S. "Kids" was a great movie because of it's true-to-life content,authenticity of the lifestyle of the genre of people they were trying to display and because of it's story-line..

The director did an OK job,but in general , he is a shit-head original middle-america come to the big city hipster junkie pedophile scum..

Um Filme Falado

Website

This film is great~

Made by a man who was 94 at the time,it tells a story aboard a cruise ship sailing from

Lisbon to India,with many historical and wonderful sites inbetween..

featuring a handful of characters, they speak of and/or exhibit the depths of humanity and civilization..

Excellent dialogue and excellent content..

really a mind blowing movie,but so subtle that you will truely be effected by some of the truths stated..

unfilmefalado_po.jpg