Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Has anyone seen this yet?

An inconvenient truth.

http://www.climatecrisis.net/

An_Inconvenient_Tru_100056c.jpg

It opens in Oz in 2 days, Ill def go and catch it.

This looks like one of the RARE movies I would actually bother to see in a cinema.

Ok so Ive just come back from seeing this. If I had the time right now I would write a bit of a review, maybe I will after work. But right now I will say this;

Every living man, woman and child on this earth should see this film!

If I possibly could, I would physicaly force you all to see it, and maybe even punch anyone I found not paying attention,, yes I said it.

Style Wars was a good movie, and THE graffiti movie..

A movie about graffiti that is'nt a documentary is just stupid..

about as stupid as 95% of people who write anyway..

---

"State Of Mind"

StateMind-Poster-web.jpg

speaking of documentaries,

is one of the better ones I've seen in a while..

Produced by Arte and the BBC,

it follows 2 North Korean gymnists as they prepare for the Mass Games,

you know, the amazingly syncronized mass performances that you always see pictures of..

comme ca..state_of_mind2.jpg2006_01_17_stateofmind.jpg

Using this event and these girls as a medium, the movie paints a picture of life in North Korea like never filmed before..

It uses genius subtlity to express the deeper situations of the country itself,

and brings insight into the mentality of these secluded people..

It left me with compassion and pity.. respect and anger.. understanding and confusion..

for the people and the situation there..

The group ethic is admirable,

yet the inabilty of some people to think twice about what you've been told

is despicable..

It may drag on a bit for those who are expecting a real rough and fact spitting doc,

but it's an excellent and extremely rare, if completely unique, glimpse at life and mind of the country..

Those looking for more direct documentary on the country should try to keep an eye out

for the Discovery (Times) Channel specials " Children Of The Secret State" or "Inside North Korea"~ They're crazy~

hidden cameras and anonymous interviews show you see some serious shit~

---

Another Documentary I have to re-recommend~

hearts140.jpg

I'll post some quotes and more info when I've time~

I'll see it asap. What's the verdict ? are we all doomed?

have you read 'the weather makers"?

No I havent read the weather makers, good?

And no, normaly im very pesimistic about a prolonged human existance, but Gore is quite optimistic that we can reduce carbon emissions to about the level it was in the 1970's by using existing technology.

He did however paint a very gloomy picture regarding Greenland and the North and South Pole.

Which would have a devistating effect on existing ocean currents and coastal cities.

Just finished watching it, pretty fucking awesome. Stumbled a bit in the last third, but the ending redeemed whatever flaws the movie had. Spectacular scene.

Oh definitly, what an ending. Just having it end with him talking into the tape deck trying to maintain some perspective in a situation where it's just impossible.

That movie has a great line in it, when he bursts into the church demanding that God talk to him, points his shotgun at a Jesus statue and says "I'll shoot the kid!".

the_dead_zone_1076.jpg

The Dead Zone is an awesome film with brilliant acting by Christopher Walken, Michael Sheen and Brooke Adams are good as well. Easily one of the best adaptaions of a Stephen King film.

B0000AUHPB.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The Italian Job -An old british gem, great film the ending is also something you never see which is nice for a change.

B00005UPN9.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pet Sematary - Another good Stephen King horror flick (there are very few) it is actually quite creepy - worth checking out.

sliding_doors.jpg

Sliding Doors - One of the few chick flicks that is actually kind of good.

B000065V3E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A buddy cop movie that actually works. Also Madeline Stowe is stunning very fuckable.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

candyonesheet.jpg

Plot Outline: A mature 14-year old girl meets a charming 32-year old photographer on the Internet. Suspecting that he is a pedophile, she goes to his home in an attempt to expose him

Pretty fucked up movie, had a good twist to it. A must see