Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i would like to see this movie. however. i am a huge spike lee fan (i know some of you idiots are not)

and i'm fucked up by his boycotting situation. wtf. i don't get it. i know the niggas deep rooted in hate but. just like inglorious bastards. how the fuck would you not wanna watch a revenge movie. buncha jews

fucking up nazis...buncha slaves or ex-slaves fuckin up rich white slave owners. i'm mind bottled.

hit me with it then, nurga.

see it brah...don't let spike lee dictate your movie watching FUN....you won't regret....Good ass movie(half an hour too long)...but other wise..a solid A...

so i've been trying to watch this for a while now and finally found a good working version

streaming "WITH" english subtitles. if your into that wild french extremist shit then i present

to you one of the most brutal films out. holy hell.

the french know how to put disturbing violence on screen and i think i'm done with it.

done.

dude... i was just about to come on here and post the same shit!!

gotta be because it was replaying on TV right? banger of a flick,

not a helluva lotta subtlety, it does not suffer without it though.

see that, then see

Snatch.jpg

although most people have probably seen this,

and will see lock stock next. thats how i did it.

• Like 1

i would like to see this movie. however. i am a huge spike lee fan (i know some of you idiots are not)

and i'm fucked up by his boycotting situation. wtf. i don't get it. i know the niggas deep rooted in hate but. just like inglorious bastards. how the fuck would you not wanna watch a revenge movie. buncha jews

fucking up nazis...buncha slaves or ex-slaves fuckin up rich white slave owners. i'm mind bottled.

hit me with it then, nurga.

http://jacobinmag.com/2013/01/why-django-cant-revolt/

Their reply is simple: “Tarantino is just trying to lay bare the grisly truths of slavery and the social and cultural norms of the time. And I know they sure as hell said ‘nigger’ bunches of times, so it makes sense that all the characters say ‘nigger’ bunches of times. He’s making us swallow a bitter pill all for our betterment.”

Of course, one might then wonder whether “motherfucker” was also a part of nineteenth-century Mississippi parlance, but no matter. I say let the “nigger” — happy whites like Tarantino have their fun. He’s just one of those kids in my American history class, once we got to discussing The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in English. They always found the most the “nigger”-laden passages in the book to read aloud and each utterance had the word hurtling excitedly off their tongues.

It’s a shame, because the history of North Atlantic slave revolts offers up a lot of interesting material. Try this: “For our declaration of independence, we should have the skin of a white man for parchment, his skull for an inkwell, his blood for ink, and a bayonet for a pen.” That’s Boisrond-Tonerre, Jean-Jacques Dessalines’ aide. Tarantino certainly couldn’t write that. Nope, we just get a fairly lackluster ending instead. Django kills some more white folks, blows up the plantation house all by himself, and then does a little dressage on his pony before heading off with Broomhilda.

There’s nothing remotely Fanonist about any of the film’s violence. No suggestion of solidarity or collective action. Nope, just one nigger in ten thousand.

Recently read this article. It is very well written and I like whenever Tarantino is crucified for just being a cokehead racist scrambling to be considered an IDEA man.

same, im gonna pop on jackie brown and do a shot everytime someone uses the "nigger-word".

ill be floored before chris tucker gets popped.

trying to call this dude out for a lack of historical context or why he doesnt do a slave

revolt or what the fuck ever is straight irrelevant. Idea man, arguable, but not set in stone,

but what he undoubtedly is is a FILM MAN. django unchained doesnt have a thing to do

with realism, historical accuracy or any of that, its about filmmaking, the same as any

one of his piees. to really get tarantino, you gotta understand jean luc godard. im not

trying to be all hipster "cite-an-obscure-artist-to-sound-smart", godard is one of the

biggest influences on tarantino.

godard was one of the guys who pioneered the french new wave, which was a group of

filmmakers sick of seeing the same directors get budgets from the same studios to make

academiclally pleasing films that won the same awards. they wanted to challenge the mainstream

and start working with experimental film. godard was first a film critic before becoming a

filmmaker, and because of that he had extensive knowledge of both the publicly celebrated

classics as well as the more avant garde underground filmmaking. tarantino experienced

a similar coming of age, except his exposure to film occured in his moms living room growing

up and the video store he worked at as a teenager.

from this, we find that each of his films are purely about film for films sake, they seek to

explore the origins of cinema while also granting him an opportunity to create his own stories

and raise some pulses while hes at it. at the end of the day, what he puts in his films is up

to him, and trying to call into question why he did do this or why he didnt do that is like

wondering why a painter used orange instead of green. initiating this sort of debate is always

a sign it was a strong work, but trying to call it a failure is a mistake.

right now, something like 700 films are produced each year in hollywood, up from about 20 in the

citizen kane days. thats not including all the international cinema and independent cinema

out there too, and its all growing exponentially with the rise of DSLR and home editting. the vast

majority of this cats are all struggling to make films that will appeal to the masses and gain them

commerical success. tarantinos films are about as genuine as hollywood gets anymore and thats

something that truly should be appreciated, wether you agree with his views or not.

he probably is a cokehead, and everyones a lil racist, at least this one produces something awesome.

dear2.jpg?w=490

dear1.jpg?w=490

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (2008)

if you can find a movie more SAD than this.....

excellent movie

horrific shit.

i watched this the other day and quite liked it

also completely sad and depressing but for different reasons

survivingprogresssplash3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...