Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

"Snow on tha Bluff" was by far the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen recommended anywhere.

Had me questioning my intelligence for attempting to watch more than a quarter of it.

Darwin needs to work harder on people like these.

Just watched "Winter's Bone". Meh. Dull story, dull scenery, and anti-climactic ending.

Wouldn't recommend it.

Watched "Swimming Pool" a few days ago. Girl had great tits. Story took forever to develop.

Not a fan (of movie)- chick was smash.

Gonna see "Skyfall" later. Haven't seen a Bond flick in forever.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
"Snow on tha Bluff" was by far the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen recommended anywhere.

Had me questioning my intelligence for attempting to watch more than a quarter of it.

Darwin needs to work harder on people like these.

Just watched "Winter's Bone". Meh. Dull story, dull scenery, and anti-climactic ending.

Wouldn't recommend it.

Watched "Swimming Pool" a few days ago. Girl had great tits. Story took forever to develop.

Not a fan (of movie)- chick was smash.

Gonna see "Skyfall" later. Haven't seen a Bond flick in forever.

I enjoyed all three of those movies you mentioned. Never seen skyfall, and dont plan on it.

love galifinakis, id check that out. netflix?

A-Serious-Man-DVD-cover.gif

michael stuhlbarg (aka Arnold Rothstein from Boardwalk Empire)

plays a jewish physics professor in 60's midwest america encountering

a slew of bad luck and begins to quesiton what its all about.

sound boring? its dry, its dark, but it does not loose your interest.

one of the coen brothers best, i thought that out of 10 nominations

for best picture in 2009, THIS should have won (that, or District 9)

neither would have though, since james cameron went ahead and

bought his ex wife her first best picture oscar for a wholly overratted

documentary-style war film. every critic referred to Hurt Locker as

"a perfect film!" and this and that, and preeeetttty much everyone

i talked to in person was like "that shit bored the hell out of me"

oh well

Dling now.

• Like 1

killing-them-softly-poster__121201115125.jpg

this is not your typical crime drama, its more of an allegory for americas economic failure.

that being said, while it excels in symbolism and subthemes, its kind of difficult to get interested

in everything leading up to the hits the movie centers around. one of the reasons i was so

excited to see this flick was its been a minute since ive seen gandolfini in anything (maybe

he has been, i havent see it tho). he pretty much just dusts off his tony soprano and brings

that character and those mannerisms back out. for someone who is a pretty gifted, versatile actor,

i was kind of bored/disappointed seeing him play the same thing.

definitely worth a watch, but it can probably wait til its out of theaters

The-man-with-the-iron-fists-directed-by-rza-official-trailer-official-poster.jpeg

Anyone seened this yet?

^^me personally...it sucked...horrible acting(RZA in the starting role?!?), music didn't fit, plot was all over the place. fight scenes were alright....

Saw it just now, it is what you expect and better than half of the shit that's out now anyway. Agree with RZA's acting and some of the music didn't fit at all. Fight scenes were dope and the cast of black widows did not dissapoint.

dont get me wrong, FUCK woody allen. i dont think ive laughed out loud

at a single one of his movies and i dont understand how he's revered throughout

hollywood... however...

match-point.jpg

this is a brilliant thriller with some great acting and motherfucker of an ending.

its nothing like his other films (most notably, and enjoyalbly, because hes not in it!!)

bej6up.jpg

Very unconventional horror film.

With that being said you aren't left without your typical jump scene and gore. It revolves around two highschool guys who find a woman chained up in an abandoned mental asylum. And the conflicting interest that each character feels for the woman, which dwells into our own teenage love angst.

Overall good flix.

• Like 1

visioneers.

dunno, unique so it gets points, but kinda boring too.

i finally watched cabin in the woods and loved it.

was not feeling Cabin in the Woods... aside from the gore towards the end

i just wasn;t sold at all. that whole scheme is just retarded to me. only reason

it's still fresh in my brain is cause i was forced to watch something similar tonight.

Behind the mask. i know this is the recommendation thread but. every now and then

something relevant comes up to steer clear from. fuck that movie.

now why would one want rashomon on blue ray? i'm not really into any of that shit in the first place.

except for say a few new age super hero action jawns but how the fuck did rashomon even end up in there? i'd rather watch the earliest hard copy version of that known to man. same with any other old film. technology people. btw.

END OF WATCH was pretty ill.

i would like to see this movie. however. i am a huge spike lee fan (i know some of you idiots are not)

and i'm fucked up by his boycotting situation. wtf. i don't get it. i know the niggas deep rooted in hate but. just like inglorious bastards. how the fuck would you not wanna watch a revenge movie. buncha jews

fucking up nazis...buncha slaves or ex-slaves fuckin up rich white slave owners. i'm mind bottled.

I could give you a list of reasons why I got the blue ray

hit me with it then, nurga.