Movie Recommendation Thread

H. Lecter

yeah, i dont think blood in blood out or menace 2 society were supposed to be funny.

Certainly not cali, however, there are obviously a lot of motherfuckers in here(gasman)

that might obviously disagree. Menace has it's funny parts but overall. Not funny.

Theres humor to be found in almost everything though i guess. I find movies like Gummo,

Straw Dogs, and I spit on your grave downright hilarious but other people might feel like crying.

pussies. anyways. late as fuck but this was awesome.

poster_NotoriousBettiePagePoster.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Oh no, please do.

Larenz Tate's whole performance in that movie is hysterical.[/color]

Hey, you know what, nigger? You acting like a little bitch right now. You acting real paranoid and shit. Now, these motherfuckers smoked your goddam cousin in front of you, nigga! Blew his head off in front of your face, and you ain't gonna do shit? You acting like a little bitch right now, nigga. Man, fuck that. I ain't letting that shit ride. We gonna go in and smoke all these motherfuckers. I don't care who the fuck out there. Goddamn it, is you down, nigger?

gat.jpg

i only saw blood in blood out once back in 1999, so i dont remember any funny scenes in that, but ive seen menace II society a few times (first time i was about 12 or 13).

the only funny part I can think of in menace II society was when larenz tate's character was sitting at his homie's house watching the surveillance video from the robbery over and over again and rewinding it...all the while laughing and talking about selling copies.

everything else wasnt too funny.

i only saw blood in blood out once back in 1999, so i dont remember any funny scenes in that, but ive seen menace II society a few times (first time i was about 12 or 13).

the only funny part I can think of in menace II society was when larenz tate's character was sitting at his homie's house watching the surveillance video from the robbery over and over again and rewinding it...all the while laughing and talking about selling copies.

everything else wasnt too funny.

Every word out of O-Dog's mouth...

The line "Faggot ass Chauncey."...

Robbing a dude in the drive thru and making him order food...

The entire Korean grocery store up until he actually kills them...pure comedy.

It's not nearly as funny as Boyz N' Tha' Hood though. That piece of shit along with the rest of John Singleton's movies are just movies made for people who are too dumb to understand Spike Lee's race commentary.

yeah, a few years ago, i took a african american studies class and i was one of two non black people in the class.

the teacher of the class (a younger black lady in her mid 30's) was lecturing us about the difference between the hughes brothers (menace II society) and john singleton (boyz n the hood)....the difference between their educations and the difference of how the 2 movies were financially backed.

she was also talking about singleton's movies and about how she thought the characters were too extreme...an example she brought up was when michael rappaports character went out and became a nazi and started shooting people and how it was too extreme and would never happen like that.

but since higher learning is one of my favorite movies, i broke the movie down to the point where she couldnt really argue back....it was funny to me that i was able to school the teacher in front of entire class of black students.

i dont know what the point of this post is...but i just wanted to share that.

by the way, i got an A in that class.

So my girlfriend had me get this on netflix:

remember-me-movie-poster.jpg

She had already seen it, but wanted to watch it with commentary. I was NOT about watching this movie because of the Twilight factor, but I watched it tonight and I thought it was actually pretty good. It's a drama, that's all I knew about it, so the whole ending didn't hit me until one certain scene at the end (the elevator). I know I'll probably get shit on for admitting I liked this movie, but it was a pretty solid drama with a hard hitting ending.

So my girlfriend had me get this on netflix:

remember-me-movie-poster.jpg

She had already seen it, but wanted to watch it with commentary. I was NOT about watching this movie because of the Twilight factor, but I watched it tonight and I thought it was actually pretty good. It's a drama, that's all I knew about it, so the whole ending didn't hit me until one certain scene at the end (the elevator). I know I'll probably get shit on for admitting I liked this movie, but it was a pretty solid drama with a hard hitting ending.

i wouldn't even call it a drama, you knew what was gonna happen from the begining, except for the ending. it was alright for a chick flik.. pierce brosnan yelling fuck=best scene

Who was it in this thread that said the new Karate Kid was good?

That person should have been banned for that statement alone, but upon further investigation they should be sentenced to death.

It was nice watching Will Smith's kid get beat up a lot though.

Especially since he couldn't pull hat whole "I'ma git my cuzins' and they gonna' beatcho' ass!" routine in China.

She went without me, but I want to check it out. I think she liked the first one better.

I haven't read any of the three novels, but general consensus is the first book is by far the best...everything that follows is kind of downhill, so I'm not surprised she didn't like the 2nd. I don't remember the plot synopsis for the 2nd right now, but I remember thinking it sounded pretty fucking stupid.

For those that can't read Swedish --"The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo" was damn good. My girl just went to see the second one. "The Girl Who Played With Fire."

The-Girl-Who-Played-With-Fire-Poster.jpg

She went without me, but I want to check it out. I think she liked the first one better.

That's the same exact pose I strike whenever I set my car on fire....'cept I got bigger boobs.